Author Topic: Crooked I Tour Dates?  (Read 3797 times)

love33

Crooked I Tour Dates?
« on: March 18, 2017, 11:27:09 PM »
It's really close to impossible to find the Crooked I Tour Dates -- he did the show this week in Ft Worth & Austin (Austin show was for their radio station with a grip of artists, Ft Worth was his headlined show) -- does anyone have the dates he's performing?? It's so bizarre that we can't easily find this out with a guy who's signed to AFTERMATH!

Jay Wallace

Re: Crooked I Tour Dates?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 06:37:38 PM »
It's so bizarre that we can't easily find this out with a guy who's signed to AFTERMATH!

He isn't signed to Aftermath.

love33

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 12:19:16 AM »
Who is he signed to? Also, the only tour date I could find coming up is in AUSTIN, Texas with a bunch of artists -- It's amazing that nobody seems to have much info on his tour dates?

https://www.stubhub.com/siesta-festival-tickets-siesta-fest-2017-wednesday-only-san-antonio-alamo-city-music-hall-4-26-2017/event/9836600/?mbox=1&sort=price+asc

Was the Ft Worth show the only SOLO show he has done in the last few months?

Okka

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 03:14:41 AM »

Who is he signed to? Also, the only tour date I could find coming up is in AUSTIN, Texas with a bunch of artists -- It's amazing that nobody seems to have much info on his tour dates?

https://www.stubhub.com/siesta-festival-tickets-siesta-fest-2017-wednesday-only-san-antonio-alamo-city-music-hall-4-26-2017/event/9836600/?mbox=1&sort=price+asc

Was the Ft Worth show the only SOLO show he has done in the last few months?

Slaughterhouse is signed to Shady, not Crooked I.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 08:50:50 PM »
This is a serious question though -- assuming he's not just going to fall back on Slaughterhouse shit for most of it, what "hits" would Crooked I perform at said concert?  I can name off a bunch of his songs but I just don't see him as being a concert worthy act.

love33

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 10:54:35 PM »
This is a serious question though -- assuming he's not just going to fall back on Slaughterhouse shit for most of it, what "hits" would Crooked I perform at said concert?  I can name off a bunch of his songs but I just don't see him as being a concert worthy act.

He starts off spittin heat verses and freestyles, and he performs a bunch of stuff off "Good vs. Evil", he tells stories about his career, being young and broke from Long Beach, gettin hated on by the man, and Virgin Records to workin with Snoop Dogg, Death Row, the studio gettin shot up, bein in the studio til the sun comes up with Suge Knight, how he was on the label and gave every damn thing in his soul for that label, play a couple tracks, and Aftermath and everything that went down, and talk about Dr. Dre how great he is, -- he performs tracks by fan request so if you ask him to perform "I Love The Ghetto To Death", "Gangstas Holiday," or "Gd up and Banged Out" or "Death Row House Party" (some have requested these in LA shows in particular), they will spin it if they have it and he'll do a little bit of it and tell the story behind it, then go to the next track (mix in some newer stuff) -- But mostly it's been his Aftermath/Shady stuff, he's promoting his "Good vs Evil" album, He has a ton of stuff to perform, he mixes freestyles in too -- there were a bunch of unknown rappers with him in Ft Worth (I think they were Texas local talent, I'm not up on who all the Texas local acts are, but Tha Realest & Young Doobie who live right in that area in Grand Prarie & Oak Cliff, were not at the show, it would've been cool if he brought out his old friends and did a surprise reunion)

I don't get why he's not out on the road pushing himself HARD allover the USA -- he's in his 30s, that's when you really push yourself as an artist and make that house show money...he should be headlining shows or being the #2 or #3 act on shows 4 nights a week --
doing this one show here or there on a Tuesday night and a little mini-mention on Twitter doesn't really cut it (he could be right in your backyard and you could miss it!) -- His promotion sucks (actually, there is no promotion, so it just sucks) -- he could do so much more -- artists like DJ Quik, Too Short, Ice Cube, etc. -- they put their shit out hard on the net and they grind on the road hard for 3-4 months and just go city to city across the map and they make money -- like Crook has connections, he could have been doing some performance at Spring Break at Panama City Beach, South Padre Island, Daytona, Ft Lauderdale -- Lil Jon, for example, he hits Spring Break hard and does PCB, Padre, etc. -- cats like Juicy J, T-Pain, & Ying Yang Twinz headline shows at Spring Break, and he is no where to be found, like right now he could be at Miami Music Week -- really makes no sense how he markets himself!

When I was in Texas that week, I checked the classic throwback hip-hop station (they have an awesome throwback hip-hop station that plays E-40, Too Short, Dogg Pound, Scarface, Montel Jordan, Master P, 2Pac, etc. on it -- http://boom945.com/listen-live/ ), and I checked their new stations and there was ZERO promo about Crooked I playing right in town!

Hopefully Kxng Crooked will post up the concert on Youtube from Ft Worth that he just headlined -- he was also in Austin and San Antonio but he didn't headline those events they were pushed as local radio stations with a grip of artists -- He's a great act live but he seriously needs to promote himself -- it's ridiculous that even us hardcore fans can't find hardly anything on what's coming up or where he's at (he could be in your city tomorrow and you might not even know the promotion is so bad)

EFFeX

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 07:57:16 AM »
Crook will often post upcoming show dates on his Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/CrookedIntriago)

I do my best to post them as they are announced at The Boss Board.

I'm revamping the whole concert section in a week or so, stay tuned for that.

SuperSpider

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2017, 09:37:36 AM »
Crook is generally terrible with promoting anything...whether it is a new album, shows he's doing or the infinite number of features he constantly keeps doing for other projects.... Makes it really difficult for fans to get a hold of everything he's on.  >:(

Jay Wallace

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 03:42:35 PM »
He starts off spittin heat verses and freestyles, and he performs a bunch of stuff off "Good vs. Evil", he tells stories about his career, being young and broke from Long Beach, gettin hated on by the man, and Virgin Records to workin with Snoop Dogg, Death Row, the studio gettin shot up, bein in the studio til the sun comes up with Suge Knight, how he was on the label and gave every damn thing in his soul for that label, play a couple tracks, and Aftermath and everything that went down, and talk about Dr. Dre how great he is, -- he performs tracks by fan request so if you ask him to perform "I Love The Ghetto To Death", "Gangstas Holiday," or "Gd up and Banged Out" or "Death Row House Party" (some have requested these in LA shows in particular), they will spin it if they have it and he'll do a little bit of it and tell the story behind it.

Dude, you can’t expect shows to be booked like a playlist for a superfan’s personal concert.  You generally don’t keep stopping your set to do “VH1 Storytellers” when you’re in that position.  People go to concerts to hear music, not to hear the artist explain how the music was recorded.   

There were a bunch of unknown rappers with him in Ft Worth (I think they were Texas local talent, I'm not up on who all the Texas local acts are, but Tha Realest & Young Doobie who live right in that area in Grand Prarie & Oak Cliff, were not at the show, it would've been cool if he brought out his old friends and did a surprise reunion)

Yes, that is generally how it works.  They grab a bunch of young guys from the area.  In exchange for putting them on, the local acts sell tickets to all their friends who live in the area.  Established names cost money.

Tha Realest & Young Doobie who live right in that area in Grand Prarie & Oak Cliff, were not at the show, it would've been cool if he brought out his old friends and did a surprise reunion.

Few points here.  Just because they “live” in the area does not mean they are sitting home, bored, waiting for something to do.  Just because they recorded music on the same label, seventeen years ago, doesn’t mean, they are “old friends”. 
And a “surprise reunion” of what?  Unreleased music from a defunct label that people on message boards use to trade MP3’s of? 

I don't get why he's not out on the road pushing himself HARD allover the USA -- he's in his 30s, that's when you really push yourself as an artist and make that house show money...he should be headlining shows or being the #2 or #3 act on shows 4 nights a week --
doing this one show here or there on a Tuesday night and a little mini-mention on Twitter doesn't really cut it (he could be right in your backyard and you could miss it!)

This is actually how the majority of rappers grind. 

His promotion sucks (actually, there is no promotion, so it just sucks) -- he could do so much more -- artists like DJ Quik, Too Short, Ice Cube, etc. -- they put their shit out hard on the net and they grind on the road hard for 3-4 months and just go city to city across the map and they make money.

You’re talking about artists with much bigger names, much deeper catalogs, significantly longer careers, and bigger fanbases.  It should also be noted that even they don’t go “city to city across the map”.  Quik and Short generally don’t do many shows in the East Coast.

Crook has connections, he could have been doing some performance at Spring Break at Panama City Beach, South Padre Island, Daytona, Ft Lauderdale -- Lil Jon, for example, he hits Spring Break hard and does PCB, Padre, etc. -- cats like Juicy J, T-Pain, & Ying Yang Twinz headline shows at Spring Break, and he is no where to be found, like right now he could be at Miami Music Week -- really makes no sense how he markets himself!

Lil Jon is a household name.  He has a multi-platinum fanbase.  If Crooked could be playing Miami Music Week, he would.  It has nothing to do with how he markets himself.  Has he ever even played in Miami before? 

When I was in Texas that week, I checked the classic throwback hip-hop station (they have an awesome throwback hip-hop station that plays E-40, Too Short, Dogg Pound, Scarface, Montel Jordan, Master P, 2Pac, etc. on it -- http://boom945.com/listen-live/ ), and I checked their new stations and there was ZERO promo about Crooked I playing right in town!

Unless the radio stations are promoting the event, why would there be any promo for it at all?  We live in the social media age.  Most people don’t sit around listening to the radio to hear about concerts in their cities, they hear about it on Facebook event pages that the venues create or that the artists share themselves on their Facebook/Twitter pages.

He's a great act live but he seriously needs to promote himself -- it's ridiculous that even us hardcore fans can't find hardly anything on what's coming up or where he's at (he could be in your city tomorrow and you might not even know the promotion is so bad)

Most regular concert goers are dialed into the venues they regularly buy tickets to on social media platforms.  From the sounds of things, he’s not part of an official tour.

love33

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2017, 08:33:29 PM »
He starts off spittin heat verses and freestyles, and he performs a bunch of stuff off "Good vs. Evil", he tells stories about his career, being young and broke from Long Beach, gettin hated on by the man, and Virgin Records to workin with Snoop Dogg, Death Row, the studio gettin shot up, bein in the studio til the sun comes up with Suge Knight, how he was on the label and gave every damn thing in his soul for that label, play a couple tracks, and Aftermath and everything that went down, and talk about Dr. Dre how great he is, -- he performs tracks by fan request so if you ask him to perform "I Love The Ghetto To Death", "Gangstas Holiday," or "Gd up and Banged Out" or "Death Row House Party" (some have requested these in LA shows in particular), they will spin it if they have it and he'll do a little bit of it and tell the story behind it.

Dude, you can’t expect shows to be booked like a playlist for a superfan’s personal concert.  You generally don’t keep stopping your set to do “VH1 Storytellers” when you’re in that position.  People go to concerts to hear music, not to hear the artist explain how the music was recorded.   

There were a bunch of unknown rappers with him in Ft Worth (I think they were Texas local talent, I'm not up on who all the Texas local acts are, but Tha Realest & Young Doobie who live right in that area in Grand Prarie & Oak Cliff, were not at the show, it would've been cool if he brought out his old friends and did a surprise reunion)

Yes, that is generally how it works.  They grab a bunch of young guys from the area.  In exchange for putting them on, the local acts sell tickets to all their friends who live in the area.  Established names cost money.

Tha Realest & Young Doobie who live right in that area in Grand Prarie & Oak Cliff, were not at the show, it would've been cool if he brought out his old friends and did a surprise reunion.

Few points here.  Just because they “live” in the area does not mean they are sitting home, bored, waiting for something to do.  Just because they recorded music on the same label, seventeen years ago, doesn’t mean, they are “old friends”. 
And a “surprise reunion” of what?  Unreleased music from a defunct label that people on message boards use to trade MP3’s of? 

doing this one show here or there on a Tuesday night and a little mini-mention on Twitter doesn't really cut it (he could be right in your backyard and you could miss it!)

This is actually how the majority of rappers grind. 

His promotion sucks (actually, there is no promotion, so it just sucks) -- he could do so much more -- artists like DJ Quik, Too Short, Ice Cube, etc. -- they put their shit out hard on the net and they grind on the road hard for 3-4 months and just go city to city across the map and they make money.

You’re talking about artists with much bigger names, much deeper catalogs, significantly longer careers, and bigger fanbases.  It should also be noted that even they don’t go “city to city across the map”.  Quik and Short generally don’t do many shows in the East Coast.

Crook has connections, he could have been doing some performance at Spring Break at Panama City Beach, South Padre Island, Daytona, Ft Lauderdale -- Lil Jon, for example, he hits Spring Break hard and does PCB, Padre, etc. -- cats like Juicy J, T-Pain, & Ying Yang Twinz headline shows at Spring Break, and he is no where to be found, like right now he could be at Miami Music Week -- really makes no sense how he markets himself!

Lil Jon is a household name.  He has a multi-platinum fanbase.  If Crooked could be playing Miami Music Week, he would.  It has nothing to do with how he markets himself.  Has he ever even played in Miami before? 

Unless the radio stations are promoting the event, why would there be any promo for it at all?  We live in the social media age.  Most people don’t sit around listening to the radio to hear about concerts in their cities, they hear about it on Facebook event pages that the venues create or that the artists share themselves on their Facebook/Twitter pages.

He's a great act live but he seriously needs to promote himself -- it's ridiculous that even us hardcore fans can't find hardly anything on what's coming up or where he's at (he could be in your city tomorrow and you might not even know the promotion is so bad)

Most regular concert goers are dialed into the venues they regularly buy tickets to on social media platforms.  From the sounds of things, he’s not part of an official tour.

First off, I'm wondering if anyone saw him in Austin on March 31st (it was a FRIDAY Night) -- He had 2 cats I never heard of touring with him - J Soulja and Deezy Brown

Your diss to Doobie & Tha Realest:  they were on the Death Row Records together, arguably the greatest most well known Gangsta Rap label of all time -- they were on the MTV commercial for Chronic 2000 -- they weren't in their basements trading MP3s when that was going on -- Doobie has himself on Dr. Dre tracks and Tha Realest on 2Pac material (how many people in their basement can say that?) -- Artists do reunions sometimes in low keys spots like this -- Why wouldn't Doobie & Realest come out and join Crooked? I've seen west coast acts where Tha Relativez are called on stage, or Ya Boy shows up -- just some random surprise acts -- I saw a Too Short concert one time in San Diego and CPO Boss Hog from Death Row Records showed up and did a couple opening tracks -- It's nice to see great reunions like on New Years Eve on FOX when they had all the old school acts like Treach, Scarface, Pitbull, Snoop, and Daz was DJing --

As far as that local radio station (follow that link and listen to it), they actually advertise local concerts on there ---> they did a lot of advertising for Mystikal, Juicy J, OT Genasys, 112, And K-Ci & JoJo -- I was surprised Crooked didn't get an advertisement in on that station considering they play a lot of Death Row and West Coast tracks!

Also, his style of story telling about his life, and then going into songs (sort of like a documentary, he only does it when he headlines otherwise he becomes a role player) -- I think that's kinda cool -- he talks about cats he knew that are in jail, starting out on Virgin, the struggle with Death Row -- I think he gets too political sometimes to be fair -- I don't want to sit at a concert to hear his politics, but I love his music and his raw talent -- and I think the stories about him and his career, are kinda cool -- I get what you are saying in a sense that most rappers just go into their stuff -- but if you ever see Too Short, he will sometimes tell a few lines of how he wrote a track, or out on tour this or that happened back in 89 with Eazy-E, or Blowjob Betty Story -- but Short does it real quick, like he tells the story really quick and jumps right into the track -- Crooked will walk around and go into a longer in-depth story like a documentary

Kxng Crooked is playing in San Antonio at Alamo City Music Hall with Bone Thugs N' Harmony and a bunch of other artists on April 26 -- Is anyone going? He's not headlining this one

I wonder when his next list of events are going to come out, this is the ONLY event I see he has posted -- he does good in Texas it seems -- just keep touring Crooked!

Jay Wallace

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2017, 10:47:59 AM »
First off, I'm wondering if anyone saw him in Austin on March 31st (it was a FRIDAY Night) -- He had 2 cats I never heard of touring with him - J Soulja and Deezy Brown

This looks like this was a show booked by the club or an entertainment group representing it.  This isn’t the same as an artist actually doing his own show.  He’s essentially being paid by a promoter to do the gig. 

Your diss to Doobie & Tha Realest

It wasn’t a diss to them.  It was an explanation as to why the average fan isn’t going to respond with awe and amazement at their random, unannounced appearance at a concert in 2017 and why they weren’t at the show and likely won’t be at any other shows that they aren’t booked to appear at.

They were on the Death Row Records together, arguably the greatest most well known Gangsta Rap label of all time.

They weren’t on it at its peak period, which has a great effect on how familiar they are to an audience. Being a featured player during a time when the company was still at top is one thing.  Being one after most of the audience has moved on is not the same. 

They were on the MTV commercial for Chronic 2000

Hilariously irrelevant.  Mentions on a TV ad that ran a handful times on cable TV in 1999 has no bearing to anything. 

They weren't in their basements trading MP3s when that was going on

Nobody said they were. 

Doobie has himself on Dr. Dre tracks and Tha Realest on 2Pac material (how many people in their basement can say that?)

None of these songs have been publicly released.  Being on an unreleased song with an A-list star is not the same as being an A-list star yourself.  If a significant portion of the general public hasn’t heard these songs, there is no real added value in bringing them up.

And why do you keep bringing up basements?

Artists do reunions sometimes in low keys spots like this

Perhaps they do but your perception of “reunion” is a little odd.  How does one get behind the reuniting of artists who don’t have a celebrated public history?  They were never publicly put out like that on Death Row.  Any music they recorded together at Death Row was not released.  Crooked I and Doobie have never been on the same CD together at Death Row, let alone a released track. 

It seems like you’re under the impression that because these artists all worked at the same label during a one or two-year period, eighteen years ago, that they were all this close-knit family who still hang out to this day. You’re also operating under the logic that a significant portion of the people who go to the venue are going to be aware of this history and celebrate it. 

Why wouldn't Doobie & Realest come out and join Crooked?

The most obvious answers that come to mind are…

1)   Because nobody booked them to appear on the show. 

2)   Because it didn’t make sense for Crooked to ask them to drive out and work on one of his gigs for free. 

3)   They were out of town with gigs of their own.

4)   They are not close personal friends of Crooked I.

And for added food for thought…. MAYBE… confusing where recording artists resided when they were discovered with where they currently live could also be part of the problem.  Most artists move to where they can network with other artists.  By all accounts, Realest lives in California now and has for awhile.   

I've seen west coast acts where Tha Relativez are called on stage, or Ya Boy shows up -- just some random surprise acts -- I saw a Too Short concert one time in San Diego and CPO Boss Hog from Death Row Records showed up and did a couple opening tracks

I have seen the same at shows I have attended but I have also been to plenty where that sort of thing doesn’t happen.  To assume that this is going to happen at a show simply because you want it to is setting yourself up for disappointment.

As far as that local radio station (follow that link and listen to it), they actually advertise local concerts on there ---> they did a lot of advertising for Mystikal, Juicy J, OT Genasys, 112, And K-Ci & JoJo -- I was surprised Crooked didn't get an advertisement in on that station considering they play a lot of Death Row and West Coast tracks!

If the club paid Crook to perform for their show, he’s not going to take money out of his own pocket to pay for advertising.  He likely got his money upfront.

love33

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2017, 01:40:45 AM »
This looks like this was a show booked by the club or an entertainment group representing it.  This isn’t the same as an artist actually doing his own show.  He’s essentially being paid by a promoter to do the gig. 

It looks like he's bouncing around all over Texas, the San Antonio will be his fourth in a row in a stretched out time period (over 6 weeks) -- If he's the headline act, I believe he can bring his own DJ and a couple supporting acts (again, I don't know this for sure, this always depends on the contract -- people have strange things in these contracts like Lil Jon having 3 trays of chicken wings in his deals, and Tyga having 'chilled water at 68 degrees' in his agreements -- it's really just what the agreement has in it to be honest)

They weren’t on it at its peak period, which has a great effect on how familiar they are to an audience. Being a featured player during a time when the company was still at top is one thing.  Being one after most of the audience has moved on is not the same.
Realest & Top Dogg were both on 'Gang Related' -- people talked about them and knew who they were who were heavy fans and readers of The Source -- the Row website had a lot of traffic, the interviews were hyped, the "Witness Tha Realest" "Every Dogg Has Its Day" albums were hyped as the new Death Row -- they had compilation albums (Chronic 2000, TGFR, Dysfunktional Family OST, etc.) -- people paid attention to the leaks of "Can't Mobb Deep" "Hotel Talk [Everything is Everything]", "Cindafella", "Goin Back to Cali," "All About U" video appearance had a lot of people talking about the 'new Death Row' and people were hyping Suge coming out of jail.  Obviously, it never panned out like it could have

None of these songs have been publicly released

Wideawake released the "Say Hi To Tha Bad Guy" (as you know, plus some of those songs fell onto the compilations in the early 2000s) -- Sure, for the most part you're right, but they are allover YouTube -- I'm sure lots of people have searched YouTube for "Unreleased Death Row" and they see this stuff pop up -- I mean there's stream after stream of unreleased stuff easily accessible now -- but yeah, they will never have the pull of a 2Pac, Snoop, Dre, Nate Dogg, or Dogg Pound -- but the hardcore fans know they are there and they exist publicly

Good point about Doobie & Crooked I -- I always heard Crooked recorded for the self-titled "Young Doobie" album -- would be a good interview question or maybe we see something leak -- Eastwood recorded a lot of tracks with Top Dogg, a lot of people don't know that

This is Deezie Brown, who opened for Crook in Austin: 

Okka

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2017, 02:42:28 AM »
I nominate love33 for the worst poster of the year. You sound like a broken record, goin' on and on about the same shit.

love33

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2017, 02:04:12 AM »
I nominate love33 for the worst poster of the year. You sound like a broken record, goin' on and on about the same shit.

Like Crook & Bone in San Antonio

Okka

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2017, 04:06:43 AM »

Like Crook & Bone in San Antonio

They sounded like a broken record?