Author Topic: WHATS THE STORY BEHIND TOSS IT UP OG AND NO DIGGITY USING THE SAME BEAT?  (Read 3276 times)

Sccit

PAC JACKED THE BEAT, RIGHT?? OR AARON HALL GAVE IT TO PAC?? BECAUSE I KNOW TEDDY RILEY OFFERED IT TO AARON HALL BEFORE BLACKSTREET TOOK IT.

JMIX, CAN WE GET AN INTERVIEW WITH AARON HALL ON THIS??

dj coma

PAC JACKED THE BEAT, RIGHT?? OR AARON HALL GAVE IT TO PAC?? BECAUSE I KNOW TEDDY RILEY OFFERED IT TO AARON HALL BEFORE BLACKSTREET TOOK IT.

They literally stole the reel from Dre & Blackstreet:

Sccit

so who is that doin the main humming adlib throughout the beat?

jaytee

so who is that doin the main humming adlib throughout the beat?

Bill Withers

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TdrChyGb574" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TdrChyGb574</a>

Sccit

THAT JMIX VIDEO WONT PLAY FOR SOME REASON....

WHY WAS THE SECOND VERSE REMOVED FROM THE ORIGINAL THAT LEAKED?

AND "NO DIGGITY" WAS RELEASED AS A SINGLE AFTER PAC DIED+THE ALBUM IT WAS ON DROPPED RIGHT AFTER HE WAS SHOT..HOW'D THEY EVEN HEAR IT IN TIME TO REMAKE IT?

DRE REALLY PRODUCED THE SHIT OUT THAT BEAT UP THO, THE "NO DIGGITY" VERSION SOUNDS WAY CLEANER THAN THE ONE PAC USED (I KNOW TEDDY RILEY GOT THE CREDIT, BUT IT'S OBVIOUS DRE HAD HIS HANDS ALL OVER IT WHEN COMPARIN BOTH VERSIONS)

Okka

AND "NO DIGGITY" WAS RELEASED AS A SINGLE AFTER PAC DIED+THE ALBUM IT WAS ON DROPPED RIGHT AFTER HE WAS SHOT..HOW'D THEY EVEN HEAR IT IN TIME TO REMAKE IT?

DRE REALLY PRODUCED THE SHIT OUT THAT BEAT UP THO, THE "NO DIGGITY" VERSION SOUNDS WAY CLEANER THAN THE ONE PAC USED (I KNOW TEDDY RILEY GOT THE CREDIT, BUT IT'S OBVIOUS DRE HAD HIS HANDS ALL OVER IT WHEN COMPARIN BOTH VERSIONS)

Tommy D said that Dre produced the original version. Check out the interview.

DeeezNuuuts83

Maybe Suge had the foresight to dodge that potential legal issue.

Also, remember that the Toss It Up OG is likely not a final mixdown, so it's not going to sound as crisp as a finished product. Not that it would really have fucked with No Diggity, from a beat/mix perspective.

Sccit

it's funny how many people say dre has ghost producers when he's actually the one notorious for ghost producing others

The following users thanked this post: mtbsm

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie

it's funny how many people say dre has ghost producers when he's actually the one notorious for ghost producing others

Way the industry works.  It goes both ways. 

dj coma

Where did you hear Aaron Hall was offered the beat from Teddy? The true OG of Toss It Up, which is unleaked, is an Aaron Hall song. It might have featured Danny Boy and or Kci & JoJo at that point, not sure when they came into the picture.

Sccit

Where did you hear Aaron Hall was offered the beat from Teddy? The true OG of Toss It Up, which is unleaked, is an Aaron Hall song. It might have featured Danny Boy and or Kci & JoJo at that point, not sure when they came into the picture.

"Co-producer Teddy Riley originally offered the song to Guy as part of their short-lived reunion in 1996. After failing to record any material, he then suggested the song to Guy's lead singer Aaron Hall, who refused to take part in recording the song.[2] He then offered the song to his other group Blackstreet. In a 2010 interview, Riley revealed the song was initially a hard sell among group members."

from the wiki entry

dj coma

"Co-producer Teddy Riley originally offered the song to Guy as part of their short-lived reunion in 1996. After failing to record any material, he then suggested the song to Guy's lead singer Aaron Hall, who refused to take part in recording the song.[2] He then offered the song to his other group Blackstreet. In a 2010 interview, Riley revealed the song was initially a hard sell among group members."

from the wiki entry

Thanks. I googled it before you replied and found that info in an old Billboard magazine so it's not just some wiki BS.

So maybe the truth is that Dre was never involved in producing the No Diggity/Toss It Up OG beat. It was always just assumed it was Dre's.

afgmafia

• 'G'
What tracks did Dre ghost produce?

DeeezNuuuts83

from the wiki entry

Thanks. I googled it before you replied and found that info in an old Billboard magazine so it's not just some wiki BS.

So maybe the truth is that Dre was never involved in producing the No Diggity/Toss It Up OG beat. It was always just assumed it was Dre's.
I was thinking about it, and other than his own artists who he was involved with developing (Snoop, Em, 50 and to some degree Knoc), he rarely did a guest appearance AND produced it.  I was reminded of that Jay-Z song "Watch Me" that had Dre on it, but even though people thought Dre produced it too, it was an irv Gotti beat.  So something like No Diggity kind of falls in line with that.