Author Topic: Snoop Dogg new album : Neva left  (Read 13822 times)

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
Re: Snoop Dogg new album : Neva left
« Reply #125 on: May 17, 2017, 06:01:56 AM »
Not really surprised.  This album is to Coolaid what More Malice was to Malice in Wonderland.  Let's be honest, Snoop wasn't going to have time to record a whole album's worth of new material in the short amount of time that has elapsed between Coolaid and now.  Snoop had to use old material to fill out the album.  The question is, why even put out an album like this in the first place?  Why the rush?  I suppose it's just a business decision to try to monetize as much material as possibly rather than let it float around on the Web for free.

But it's this lack of quality control that is really burning Snoop's long-time fans like me who used to buy his albums but not anymore.  He can't be trusted, which is sad.  But, then again, it's a new era, and what does it even matter, really?  Snoop's rich and doesn't need the money, so if this flops he probably won't even feel it.  There's really nothing riding on this release, so I guess he figures why not put this out and see what comes of it.  If nothing does, it's truly no big deal.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #126 on: May 17, 2017, 06:39:15 AM »
Is there gonna be hard copies? i dont see shit anywhere..

Mr.(Ko)Kane

« Reply #127 on: May 17, 2017, 06:54:52 AM »
Not really surprised.  This album is to Coolaid what More Malice was to Malice in Wonderland.  Let's be honest, Snoop wasn't going to have time to record a whole album's worth of new material in the short amount of time that has elapsed between Coolaid and now.  Snoop had to use old material to fill out the album.  The question is, why even put out an album like this in the first place?  Why the rush?  I suppose it's just a business decision to try to monetize as much material as possibly rather than let it float around on the Web for free.

But it's this lack of quality control that is really burning Snoop's long-time fans like me who used to buy his albums but not anymore.  He can't be trusted, which is sad.  But, then again, it's a new era, and what does it even matter, really?  Snoop's rich and doesn't need the money, so if this flops he probably won't even feel it.  There's really nothing riding on this release, so I guess he figures why not put this out and see what comes of it.  If nothing does, it's truly no big deal.

Exactly. Why the rush to release it? I was surprised when he announced the album as I didn't expect another Snoop project to be released that quickly - there was no information of him working on a new project. I don't mind putting never before heard songs on an album, but putting average songs on there that leaked years ago feels kinda cheap.

And this brings up your second point. Yeah, most Snoop projects (movies and albums) lack quality. And that's why people don't care about new projects, as they expect another half rushed effort not worth checking out. That's a shame, because he's still capable of releasing good music, but he just doesn't care or doesn't have someone to push him to step up his game, like Dre would.

Sccit

« Reply #128 on: May 17, 2017, 10:37:24 AM »
Is there gonna be hard copies? i dont see shit anywhere..

based on the tracklist its probably a quick money grab.....aka no hard copies

Sccit

« Reply #129 on: May 17, 2017, 10:40:12 AM »
y'all complaining, but snoop just dropped a legit project wit coolaid and it didn't really do that well......so he's back on his releasing compilations as albums shit

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #130 on: May 17, 2017, 10:42:36 AM »
Coolaid was ok but that's it to me BUSH was way more consistant and he also dropped those albums back to back and they were both cohesive efforts but that Neva Left project I dont know why...

Sccit

« Reply #131 on: May 17, 2017, 10:52:34 AM »
Coolaid was ok but that's it to me BUSH was way more consistant and he also dropped those albums back to back and they were both cohesive efforts but that Neva Left project I dont know why...

coolaid was a dope album.....only the opening track was subpar. rest was bangin, wit some classic throwback snoop flows on there

Mr. Theo

« Reply #132 on: May 17, 2017, 11:05:56 AM »
Finally that Big Bub track in good quality .  8)

Promise You This is a banger.

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

Okka

« Reply #133 on: May 17, 2017, 11:23:45 PM »
What I wanted to do on this record -- and it was a spontaneous move -- was to make a record to engulf every phase of Snoop Dogg that you’ve heard over the last 25 years.

I guess this is why he added old songs on the album. Lame.

so okka, i guess it's just a compilation

:tupachappy:

Definitely looks like it.

WestWestYA

« Reply #134 on: May 18, 2017, 07:41:05 AM »
Alright albums has been leaked and i gotta say its definitely for the hardcore g-funk fans. It's a solid compilation but doesn't feel nothing like a album. Still worth a listen though.

DJSpin

« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2017, 04:18:35 PM »
When are the hard copies releasing?

Sccit

« Reply #136 on: May 19, 2017, 05:14:07 PM »
all reviews i heard been positive thus far

JeremyM

« Reply #137 on: May 19, 2017, 07:22:32 PM »

I can't find any info on it. It's kind of driving me crazy...

Sccit

« Reply #138 on: May 19, 2017, 08:51:32 PM »

it's the new wave .. no hard copies, i'm presuming

same wit dj quik album smh

Marco

« Reply #139 on: May 19, 2017, 09:08:22 PM »

2Relevant

« Reply #140 on: May 19, 2017, 09:57:32 PM »

no one hardly buys hard copies anymore most use a iphone or some android device to listen to their music same devices hooked to their cars to listen to music no need for cds anymore the records sales show of all hiphop unless ur kdot drake em  even main acts are low in sales compared to the 90s and 00s

but thats the "wave" you speak of its called being irrelevant just like vhs cds bluray took over just like 8 track to cassetts to cds

dont get me wrong i miss buying cd in physical form it felt special lol  ;D

but i guess if you want it that bad you can make your own  :laugh:
 form

Sccit

« Reply #141 on: May 20, 2017, 01:22:37 AM »

no one hardly buys hard copies anymore most use a iphone or some android device to listen to their music same devices hooked to their cars to listen to music no need for cds anymore the records sales show of all hiphop unless ur kdot drake em  even main acts are low in sales compared to the 90s and 00s

but thats the "wave" you speak of its called being irrelevant just like vhs cds bluray took over just like 8 track to cassetts to cds

form
didn't kendrick jus sell 300k hard copies in a week??

heyyou

• 'G'
  • Offline Offline
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #142 on: May 20, 2017, 04:50:24 AM »
I'm feeling the album after the first listen.
Other than Go on, there isn't a classic banger on there imo, but it's a solid project.
The sound is pretty cohesive (although it may not be to everyone's taste) helped by the fact Battlecat produced a few of the tracks. It's very synth based, funky basslines, percussions etc so it fits altogether pretty well I think.

Also a good thing is that the album is under 60min long, but I just feel some tracks could be cut even shorter.

k1000

« Reply #143 on: May 20, 2017, 06:02:03 AM »
why 2 topics? couldn't they both be merged?

JeremyM

« Reply #144 on: May 20, 2017, 11:32:31 AM »

I heard there was going to be a physical of Quik's, but not sure if I believe it.

The thing is it's very easy to put out a physical release and release it only on Amazon. Not sure why it's fading away since a lot of people do still consume music that way.

Okka

« Reply #145 on: May 20, 2017, 12:20:55 PM »
why 2 topics? couldn't they both be merged?

Should people go through 5 pages before they read actual comments about the album?

2Relevant

« Reply #146 on: May 20, 2017, 12:35:44 PM »

form
didn't kendrick jus sell 300k hard copies in a week??

if this was 10 years ago that 300k would have been a mil  ;)