Author Topic: Snoop Dogg new album : Neva left  (Read 20967 times)

k1000

Re: Snoop Dogg new album : Neva left
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2017, 02:10:46 PM »
Billboard article after Snoop" Neva Left " album listening party in NYC

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/hip-hop/7752660/snoop-dogg-neva-left-album-listening-session-what-we-learned

i wasn't used to listening parties anymore. all we got nowadays is surprise albums.

Marco

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2017, 02:06:46 PM »
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 02:08:39 PM by Marco »
West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2017, 02:08:01 PM »
Cover is pretty dope actually.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Mr.(Ko)Kane

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2017, 03:18:15 PM »
Cover is pretty dope actually.

Dope indeed! Came here to post the cover as well. ;D

The cover also makes sense, given the concept of the album:
"From hearing me on “Deep Cover” to hearing me on The Chronic, to my first album to hearing me with Pharrell to No Limit to the reggae album to a funk album -- all the different evolutions of Snoop Dogg. but taking a snippet of each one and enhancing this new record with that same spirit, still keeping it new and fresh."
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 03:29:05 PM by Mr.(Ko)Kane »

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2017, 04:04:20 AM »
I dont like the cover, this is a very known and popular photo of Snoop.. but well I ge the idea because the concept is supposed to be the evolution of Dogg.
Noone did comment the pre-order track Mount Kushmore with Method Man, Redman & B-Real which is pretty cool and it sounds like may be Battlecat produced it 😎

Mr.(Ko)Kane

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2017, 04:59:37 AM »
I dont like the cover, this is a very known and popular photo of Snoop.. but well I ge the idea because the concept is supposed to be the evolution of Dogg.
Noone did comment the pre-order track Mount Kushmore with Method Man, Redman & B-Real which is pretty cool and it sounds like may be Battlecat produced it 😎

Didn't know about the track, will check it out later. Battlecat'ish beats sounds good. 8)

I think, that's an unused photo of him standing by that 187 sign. All photos I know are from different perspectives. But I know what you're about, about the scene being well-known already. Just hoping the actual music is good, cover is secondary then. I liked his effort and flow on "Coolaid". It had some meh tracks, but some real good ones as well.

Okka

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2017, 07:41:14 AM »
"So with this record, it’s more about me just doing something that felt good to me. Wasn’t under no pressure. Wasn’t nobody telling me I need to do a record, or I have to do a record," he continued. "I just felt like I wanted to put out some music to represent the generation of hip-hop that I come from, just to let people know that I’m still here and I still do what I do."

That's what he's been doing for a long time though? Doing what he wants to and not being told what to do by someone like Dr. Dre. He even said that he can't work with Dre anymore because they are both perfectionists. Yeah, right. Snoop needs someone to coach him and executive produce the albums for him or they always end up being like 20 or 21 songs that all have a different sound and feel to them. I'm afraid this will another one of those albums, but i'll definitely check this out.

FUCK-YOU-BItch

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2017, 08:28:51 AM »
This Album cover will NOT represent California G-Funk Music, it will have fuckin trap music. What you think ? Sicfuck??? Plug-in???? Fuckin hoes who i need to kill in here???

WestWestYA

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2017, 11:09:00 AM »
Lovin the meth and red song 8)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2017, 03:46:40 PM »
This Album cover will NOT represent California G-Funk Music, it will have fuckin trap music. What you think ? Sicfuck??? Plug-in???? Fuckin hoes who i need to kill in here???

I just think the cover looks cool, never thought that meant he was going to take it back to 1993, or by somehow looking at a cover anyone would be able to figure out how the album would sound.  Album could very well suck, but I'd still think the cover is good. 

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Sccit

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2017, 04:31:47 PM »
his last album had a few throwback joints, so i wouldn't be surprised either way

Marco

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2017, 04:52:34 PM »

We’re just a few of weeks away from getting Snoop Dogg‘s Neva Left album, which is slated to release officially on May 19. With the anticipation only building more each week, the veteran rapper went ahead and finally debuted the official album cover for his new project on his Facebook artist page.
Snoop incorporated a throwback photo of him taken by legendary photography Chi Modu, who has taken shots of iconic hip-hop stars since the 1990s. In the cover art for Neva Left, Modu’s classic photo shows Snoop standing under a highway 187 sign in Calfornia in 1993, where the words “Neva Left” are written on the post in white paint.
While explaining the photo to XXL, Modu stated, “That’s my photo taken of Snoop in 1993 when we were working on images for his debut album Doggystyle. We wanted to take it in front of the highway 187 sign because of his verse in ‘Deep Cover.'” The picture displays a young Snoop Dogg, sporting his former signature jheri curl hairstyle that became famous during his debut album years.
We can look forward to new tunes to come from the Long Beach native in the coming weeks for his 15th studio album, which follows in the footsteps of his Coolaid album that he released last year. This new project’s goal is to try and capture “every phase of his illustrious 25-year career. In case you missed it, watch his new video for “Promised You This.”
West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection

Blood$

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2017, 05:34:00 PM »
love the cover, been seeing it all day on social media... seems that alone plus the whole Trump beef has heads anticipating this one more so than Coolaid lol and I fucked with that album, one of the best from last summer IMO

2Relevant

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2017, 06:10:02 PM »
get ready for the let down folks i see it a mile away ;D

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2017, 08:37:29 PM »
Mount Kushmore feat  Redman, Method Man & B-Real

Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!