Author Topic: Snoop Dogg new album : Neva left  (Read 20964 times)

Sccit

Re: Snoop Dogg new album : Neva left
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2017, 01:56:58 AM »
That's your opinion, ain't nothin' wrong with that. Here's how Nas feels about "The Lost Tapes".

"I mean it’s a group of songs, so it’s album, but also it’s not really my album. It’s just a bunch of songs. It’s an album in its own right like some lost artists from the 80s or 70s; some lost artists songs. Not putting myself up there, but if you found a Marvin Gaye ten/twelve songs he never released, it’s not a Marvin album but it’s Marvin Music. So I agree, it’s not an album by me."

but they ain't lost songs or leftovers .. those were joints snoop did for his next album and he took them with him when he left death row to put it out independently. there's really no difference other than the way it was released .. if snoop stayed on death row through 97-98, that was his follow up to doggfather.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 01:58:51 AM by Sccit »

Sccit

« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2017, 01:58:01 AM »
I am with Okka iin this question.

smokefest aint a real solo album. sorry.

cuz u don't own it

:tupachappy:

Blood$

« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2017, 06:04:11 AM »
if you were to ask Snoop to break down and rank all of his solo albums in an interview I got a rack on it that Smokefest would not come up whatsoever lol

Okka

« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2017, 08:03:34 AM »
That's your opinion, ain't nothin' wrong with that. Here's how Nas feels about "The Lost Tapes".

"I mean it’s a group of songs, so it’s album, but also it’s not really my album. It’s just a bunch of songs. It’s an album in its own right like some lost artists from the 80s or 70s; some lost artists songs. Not putting myself up there, but if you found a Marvin Gaye ten/twelve songs he never released, it’s not a Marvin album but it’s Marvin Music. So I agree, it’s not an album by me."

but they ain't lost songs or leftovers .. those were joints snoop did for his next album and he took them with him when he left death row to put it out independently. there's really no difference other than the way it was released .. if snoop stayed on death row through 97-98, that was his follow up to doggfather.

No, actually some of those songs were supposed to be on "Tha Doggfather".

Sccit

« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2017, 08:36:53 AM »
if you were to ask Snoop to break down and rank all of his solo albums in an interview I got a rack on it that Smokefest would not come up whatsoever lol
he probably would forget half his albums, minimum

ILoveQSeven

« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2017, 08:38:50 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VecNeSQdzIo" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VecNeSQdzIo</a>

Sccit

« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2017, 08:40:20 AM »

like some songs off compton were supposed to be on detox

Okka

« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2017, 12:38:25 PM »

"Talking To My Diary" was the only song that was old. The songs on "Smokefest" wasn't goin' to be the next album after "Tha Doggfather". Snoop was gonna put out an EP. "Smokefest" was just a collection of old songs Snoop had done for various albums. For example, "Hit Roccs" was gonna be on the LBC Crew album.

k1000

« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2017, 01:29:04 PM »

totally agree with you.

Blood$

« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2017, 01:35:17 PM »

that's a fair statement lol but with that being said, give Snoop a written list of his albums and I still bet you he doesn't say "oh you forgot Smokefest"  :laugh:

Sccit

« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2017, 02:55:51 PM »

"Talking To My Diary" was the only song that was old. The songs on "Smokefest" wasn't goin' to be the next album after "Tha Doggfather". Snoop was gonna put out an EP. "Smokefest" was just a collection of old songs Snoop had done for various albums. For example, "Hit Roccs" was gonna be on the LBC Crew album.

the anderson paak join was sposta be for his album .. the king nez joint was made before he met dre .. he still put it out as an album .. goin by your logic, slim shady lp was a compilation.

that's a fair statement lol but with that being said, give Snoop a written list of his albums and I still bet you he doesn't say "oh you forgot Smokefest"  :laugh:

i agree

Okka

« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2017, 03:21:55 PM »

the anderson paak join was sposta be for his album .. the king nez joint was made before he met dre .. he still put it out as an album .. goin by your logic, slim shady lp was a compilation.

No, i don't consider it to be a compilation. Those songs were on the "Slim Shady EP" and then they were added to the LP. You can consider "Smokefest" an official album, but i won't and that's because it's just a bunch of unreleased/leftover songs thrown together.

Sccit

« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2017, 05:02:37 PM »

No, i don't consider it to be a compilation. Those songs were on the "Slim Shady EP" and then they were added to the LP. You can consider "Smokefest" an official album, but i won't and that's because it's just a bunch of unreleased/leftover songs thrown together.

the point i'm makin is that a lot of albums are leftovers, songs meant for different albums, and unreleased joints thrown together .. u just won't know because most artists won't tell u. if u think most songs on most albums were recorded wit that album in mind, u heavily mistaking.

heyyou

« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2017, 03:42:40 PM »
Yeah like the dre produced songs on nl top dogg were the early recording sessions of 2001.
Remember Me from the MArshall Mathers LP was supposed to be on 2001 etc etc

Don Seer

« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2017, 11:33:38 PM »
he point i'm makin is that a lot of albums are leftovers, songs meant for different albums, and unreleased joints thrown together .. u just won't know because most artists won't tell u. if u think most songs on most albums were recorded wit that album in mind, u heavily mistaking.

thats true, but smokefest is still not an album.. it wasn't recorded with the purpose of being put out as one.

and it wasnt all recorded at death row, there are disses on there

btw, i'm surprised its worth so much, there's a VHS too, have that as well