Author Topic: Ghost Producers  (Read 2592 times)

afgmafia

• 'G'
Ghost Producers
« on: March 24, 2017, 02:18:02 PM »
What Tracks did Dre ghost produce.. and/or get production credits for?

I remember reading that some guy was suing Dre for 50 Cent's Back Down being a track he produced but not getting any production credits for

Okka

Re: Ghost Producers
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 02:39:19 PM »
According to Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre produced Tha Dogg Pound's "What Would You Do?" and the "Dogg Food" album.

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 02:49:02 PM »
multiply by xzibit

a good portion of the compton album

kush by him and snoop

no diggity by blackstreet

disco inferno by 50

there's many more, that's off top

Jay Wallace

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 03:56:26 PM »
In a XXL interview, DJ Quik said that Dre ghost-produced the opening track on "Under the Influence".

jaytee

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 08:18:40 PM »
Game - Don't Need Your Love (Produced by Havoc)

Game: When Dre mixed it, we couldn’t find the multitracks for the beat, so he had to remake everything. Havoc made [the beat] but he didn’t remember where the session was. Dre was like, "Fuck it. I’ve got to remake this shit." And he remade it like 100% the way it sounded, but of course with the Dr. Dre bang, and then he didn’t take no credit for it, gave it straight to Havoc. [Editor’s note: The album credits list Dr. Dre as a co-producer]. It hits like Dr. Dre beats hit, and it has a fucking EQ and mix like God touched it.

Angelo Sanders: Oh man, the shit that we do and go through to make these records happen, that’s how you know when you got a classic record. People love the song and that’s all that matters. All the rest is just bullshit that we go through. That was a whole issue because they didn’t have the files so we didn’t know what the original sample was. Dre had to really break the track down and figure out what was what so he recreated the record exact. He didn’t try and take any kind of creative liberty on it. Dre didn’t take any money for that.

Havoc: Dre definitely re-captured the essence. It sounds like they didn’t do nothing to it, to be honest with you. Whatever way you're looking at it, it can be a good thing or a bad thing. For me, I’d say it’s good. Dre had to play a little bit of it over and we shared production credits. Who knows why Dre was so adamant about recreating [the track instead of asking me]? I guess because Dre was so hands-on with the project and because he’s the number one producer in the world. Maybe he liked the song, so he wanted to touch it himself. At the end of the day, who else better to touch it beside Dr. Dre? I’ll share a credit with Dr. Dre any day.

Complex

heisenberg

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 08:39:50 PM »
Kendrick albums on aftermath.

the game doctor's advocate album.

afgmafia

• 'G'
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2017, 10:33:26 AM »

What tracks... on either of those?

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2017, 11:13:50 AM »

What tracks... on either of those?

the ones he "mixed"

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2017, 11:50:33 AM »
According to Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre produced Tha Dogg Pound's "What Would You Do?" and the "Dogg Food" album.
But Daz probably still had a lot of involvement with that.  That's a Daz type bassline.

Mietek23

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2017, 12:04:09 PM »
I always thougt listening to "Dogg Food" that Dre did something with those beats - you can hear him all over tracks like "Respect", "Let's Play House", "Doggz Day Afternoon" etc.

Okka

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2017, 01:29:18 PM »
But Daz probably still had a lot of involvement with that.  That's a Daz type bassline.

Yeah, he made the beats, but Dre produced the songs.

Jay Wallace

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2017, 01:40:18 PM »
  The version of "What Would You Do" that appears on the Natural Born Killers soundtrack credits Dre as the producer. 

Okka

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2017, 01:43:02 PM »
  The version of "What Would You Do" that appears on the Natural Born Killers soundtrack credits Dre as the producer.

I know, but Snoop wasn't talkin' about the remix.

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2017, 03:14:13 PM »
I always thougt listening to "Dogg Food" that Dre did something with those beats - you can hear him all over tracks like "Respect", "Let's Play House", "Doggz Day Afternoon" etc.

thats been known..he ghost produced most the album

Jay Wallace

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2017, 07:26:08 PM »
I know, but Snoop wasn't talkin' about the remix.
The version on Natural Born Killers isn't a remix.  It actually sounds like the original mix.  It has a nearly identical beat as the more frequently used MTWC soundtrack version but the latter version is more polished with the added female vocals at the end and added instrumentation.  Also, Natural Born Killers soundtrack version was released first.  It's odd that Dre gets sole production credit on one while Daz gets it on the other.