Author Topic: 2000 Blazers appreciation thread  (Read 756 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
2000 Blazers appreciation thread
« on: March 25, 2017, 10:47:39 AM »
After the 90's Bulls and the Bad Boy Pistons--this has to be one of my all-time favorite teams.  Possibly the deepest team ever assembled.  I mean you had guys like Detlef Shremp and Bonzi Wells coming off the bench--they were just loaded with fire-power and crafty veteran players.  You had Pippen playing his heart out desperate for a post-Jordan championship-- you had Rasheed Wallace playing out of his mind--and of course the sharp-shooter Steve Smith.  Not to mention Sabonis a big man with crazy range.

That series with the Lakers was one of the all time great series.  I was like a lot of 90's die hard Bulls fans cheering for Pippen to get one more ring.  Heartbreaking loss.  Maybe one of the best teams to never win a championship.  

Reminds me a little of the 92 Knicks team that took the Bulls to 7 games.  That team was fuckin loaded.  With Mason playing out of his mind and depth and veterans all throughout their roster and bench.  A smart and great great team that nearly knocked off Jordan is his prime.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

Re: 2000 Blazers appreciation thread
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 12:24:00 PM »
they prolly woulda won it all if not for runnin into the greatest duo of all time

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 07:51:51 PM »
they prolly woulda won it all if not for runnin into the greatest duo of all time

They played against Shaq and Glen Rice--not against Jordan and Pippen
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 08:25:21 PM »

woah, u are such an awesome troll

jk

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 03:55:58 AM »

woah, u are such an awesome troll

jk

ah indeed, perhaps in truth my skills have fallen off a tit, since the forum lost its gusto
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 08:35:39 PM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 01:13:47 PM »
in reality, mj and pippen are not in the discussion of all time great duos since pippen isn't really a top tier goat .. it's between shaq+kobe and magic+kareem .. all top 10 players

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 08:42:24 PM »
in reality, mj and pippen are not in the discussion of all time great duos since pippen isn't really a top tier goat .. it's between shaq+kobe and magic+kareem .. all top 10 players

Yeah but whatever Pippen lacks Michael more than makes up for.

Plus we can't forget about all the intangibles of Scottie.  I mean he may have not made the game-winning shot in the 93 Confrence Finals against the Knicks, but it was him that made that block on Charles Smith's shot in the final seconds...  and it was Scottie that they used to pressure Mark Jackson up the floor which bottled up Indiana's offense allowing the Bulls to get the jump on the Pacers in 98'.  Pippen also got big rebounds, second chance points for the Bulls.  And then his knowledge and awareness in the game.

And don't forget that year in 94' when Jordan was out, Pippen was #3 in MVP voting and had his team on the doorstep of the Eastern Confrence Finals.  They lost in 7 to the Knicks.

I know you won't admit this but Kobe does at times check himself out of games.  He's not always all in.  Neither was Shaq.  Phil Jackson once said that one of the key aspects of coaching is making your players aware of what is happening on the floor all at all times.  He said Scottie and MJ were the only players he never had to do that with.  Go back and watch them play.  There is never one moment of any game that they are not 100% locked in and aware of what is happening out on the floor.

Those guys knew what it took to win when it was all on the line.  That's why they never lost a Finals.  
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 08:45:11 PM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 09:56:26 PM »

Yeah but whatever Pippen lacks Michael more than makes up for.

Plus we can't forget about all the intangibles of Scottie.  I mean he may have not made the game-winning shot in the 93 Confrence Finals against the Knicks, but it was him that made that block on Charles Smith's shot in the final seconds...  and it was Scottie that they used to pressure Mark Jackson up the floor which bottled up Indiana's offense allowing the Bulls to get the jump on the Pacers in 98'.  Pippen also got big rebounds, second chance points for the Bulls.  And then his knowledge and awareness in the game.

And don't forget that year in 94' when Jordan was out, Pippen was #3 in MVP voting and had his team on the doorstep of the Eastern Confrence Finals.  They lost in 7 to the Knicks.

I know you won't admit this but Kobe does at times check himself out of games.  He's not always all in.  Neither was Shaq.  Phil Jackson once said that one of the key aspects of coaching is making your players aware of what is happening on the floor all at all times.  He said Scottie and MJ were the only players he never had to do that with.  Go back and watch them play.  There is never one moment of any game that they are not 100% locked in and aware of what is happening out on the floor.

Those guys knew what it took to win when it was all on the line.  That's why they never lost a Finals.  

dunno what u talkin bout, gayboy. pippen is not a goat level player, so to put pippen-mj in goat duo discussions just because u have a hard-on for mj makes no sense whatsoever.

kobe...shaq....mj = all goat level players

pippen is not..period

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2017, 10:21:57 PM »

Russell and Cousy >

Sccit

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2017, 10:55:45 PM »

Russell and Cousy >

:tupachappy: