Author Topic: 2Pac family feels disrespected by Snoop speaking for Pac @ Rock N Roll HOF  (Read 2365 times)

Okka

DeeezNuuuts83

The issue is that while they have a right to complain, the reality is that this is honoring Pac and his legacy in music, not his life story or his family.  Yes, they are his family, but even as a Pac fan, I don't want to hear any of them talk, and neither does the majority of the world, at least not over Snoop or Dre.

I'm reminded of the recent statue unveiling for Shaq at the Staples Center.  Who did they get to speak?  Kobe.  Remember Shaq played for Orlando first and then Miami after (as well as other teams) and even parted ways with the Lakers because of Kobe and the tension they had.  Obviously they're not going to have a non-Laker speak about him that day, but Kobe was picked because even though there were close teammates who contributed to his success before (like Penny Hardaway and Horace Grant) and after (like Dwayne Wade), they got three rings together and were arguably one of the greatest duos in NBA history.  Plus time heals all, and they obviously didn't have ill feelings toward each other toward the end of their careers.

That's what Pac had with Dre and Snoop... sure Pac was only on Death Row for less than a year, but they did create classic songs that were wildly successful, and Pac owned the rap game and saw his own album with Dre and Snoop on it go 6x platinum.  Plus they all worked together in the studio at some poin (so it's not like they're having Eminem or T.I. speak), and he's been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, not getting a Nobel Peace Prize.  I don't need more Thug Angel type speeches.  Plus they are likely going to be more articulate and can touch on his music more vividly since that's their field of expertise and they have more experience doing public speaking, especially to this kind of an audience.  I don't want to hear the Outlawz mumble and stutter about how they're Makaveli-trained and how Pac gave them a chance, they already do that on every song.  I don't want to hear his cousins talk about how they grew up, they already did that on the Thug Angel outtakes.

Plus it's not like they are doing this to further their careers.  Dre got a billion dollars from the Beats sale and has a seat at big big table at Apple.  Snoop isn't exactly running out of money either.  I highly doubt that they're going to make it about them.  I can't say the same about the Outlawz.

SuperSpider

2Pac's family moaning and complaining....as usual.

Hack Wilson - real

The issue is that while they have a right to complain, the reality is that this is honoring Pac and his legacy in music, not his life story or his family.  Yes, they are his family, but even as a Pac fan, I don't want to hear any of them talk, and neither does the majority of the world, at least not over Snoop or Dre.

I'm reminded of the recent statue unveiling for Shaq at the Staples Center.  Who did they get to speak?  Kobe.  Remember Shaq played for Orlando first and then Miami after (as well as other teams) and even parted ways with the Lakers because of Kobe and the tension they had.  Obviously they're not going to have a non-Laker speak about him that day, but Kobe was picked because even though there were close teammates who contributed to his success before (like Penny Hardaway and Horace Grant) and after (like Dwayne Wade), they got three rings together and were arguably one of the greatest duos in NBA history.  Plus time heals all, and they obviously didn't have ill feelings toward each other toward the end of their careers.

That's what Pac had with Dre and Snoop... sure Pac was only on Death Row for less than a year, but they did create classic songs that were wildly successful, and Pac owned the rap game and saw his own album with Dre and Snoop on it go 6x platinum.  Plus they all worked together in the studio at some poin (so it's not like they're having Eminem or T.I. speak), and he's been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, not getting a Nobel Peace Prize.  I don't need more Thug Angel type speeches.  Plus they are likely going to be more articulate and can touch on his music more vividly since that's their field of expertise and they have more experience doing public speaking, especially to this kind of an audience.  I don't want to hear the Outlawz mumble and stutter about how they're Makaveli-trained and how Pac gave them a chance, they already do that on every song.  I don't want to hear his cousins talk about how they grew up, they already did that on the Thug Angel outtakes.

Plus it's not like they are doing this to further their careers.  Dre got a billion dollars from the Beats sale and has a seat at big big table at Apple.  Snoop isn't exactly running out of money either.  I highly doubt that they're going to make it about them.  I can't say the same about the Outlawz.

fuck kobe

2Relevant

fuck all of them pac didnt like dre or snoop towards the end and pacs family is all bout money so fuck them and thank god no inlawz gonna induct him im sure they dont even know who they are

the best choice would have been jada pinkett smith one of his true friends

DeeezNuuuts83

Still disagree. Jada had nothing to do with Pac's music, let alone music in general.

Quincy Jones would've been an interesting choice though.

HighEyeCue

Shock G should be the one to induct Pac

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Shock G and Treach should be involved

2Relevant

Still disagree. Jada had nothing to do with Pac's music, let alone music in general.

Quincy Jones would've been an interesting choice though.

i cant think of one artist or producer who didn't turn into a snake in some fashion only reason i picked jada was cause she never did pac wrong all the rest were snakes

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

Yes the supposed PAC and Snoop beef has been so greatly exaggerated.  Remember this was all before Snoop bricked with Doggfather and Snoop was still on top of the rap world at that point--with PAC being the only rapper on that level--so they were truly peers who shared no equals--so like Kobe and Shaq there was a bit of an ego battle and some tension but ultimately they made great music and won championships together and they would've continued together had PAC not died.

Look at everything publicly that ever came out and you see Snoop and PAC as the closest of homies.  So that largely overshadows any of this whispering you've heard since Pacs passing about them being at odds.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

jmix strikes again

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
jmix strikes again

😂😂😂😂😂😂
Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!

2Relevant

Yes the supposed PAC and Snoop beef has been so greatly exaggerated.  Remember this was all before Snoop bricked with Doggfather and Snoop was still on top of the rap world at that point--with PAC being the only rapper on that level--so they were truly peers who shared no equals--so like Kobe and Shaq there was a bit of an ego battle and some tension but ultimately they made great music and won championships together and they would've continued together had PAC not died.

Look at everything publicly that ever came out and you see Snoop and PAC as the closest of homies.  So that largely overshadows any of this whispering you've heard since Pacs passing about them being at odds.

i wouldn't put them on the same level cause pac was above snoop his only highlight was his first album and went downhill from there pacs only downhill was his death

T-o-m

It's a good call to have Snoop and Dre do it, anyone else would draw no attention, anyone from new school was not relevant back then and wouldnt fit.

2Relevant

It's a good call to have Snoop and Dre do it, anyone else would draw no attention, anyone from new school was not relevant back then and wouldnt fit.

that would be retarded to pick someone pac didn't know