Author Topic: Suge Knight's Lawyer Breaks His Silence with unbelievable Interview  (Read 2235 times)

love33

Re: Suge Knight's Lawyer Breaks His Silence with unbelievable Interview
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2017, 12:16:30 AM »
Michael Harris -- he won the giant lawsuit ages later -- he never got any of that money but it buried the label
That wasn't a "lifetime contract" though so why did you use it as an example of how you CAN have a lifetime contract. 

Sure it was a lifetime contract that involved a percentage in royalties -- his claim was he invested in the company and didn't get his return, which that judge agreed with and buried Death Row

dj coma

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2017, 10:15:35 PM »
Michael Harris -- he won the giant lawsuit ages later -- he never got any of that money but it buried the label
That wasn't a "lifetime contract" though so why did you use it as an example of how you CAN have a lifetime contract. 

Sure it was a lifetime contract that involved a percentage in royalties -- his claim was he invested in the company and didn't get his return, which that judge agreed with and buried Death Row

That's called investing in a business and owning a percentage of the business. That's not what a lifetime contract is. Suge is claiming he has a lifetime management contract for Dre. Meaning he's allegedly under contract to be Dre's manager until he dies.

Jay Wallace

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2017, 09:59:51 AM »
That's called investing in a business and owning a percentage of the business. That's not what a lifetime contract is. Suge is claiming he has a lifetime management contract for Dre. Meaning he's allegedly under contract to be Dre's manager until he dies.
  Thanks, Coma, saved me the time of having to spell it out for this guy.  He's getting more and more clueless and delusional as time goes on.

And if we're gonna argue that Dre was locked into a lifetime contract with Suge as his manager, I'd love for someone to ask about how Suge was earning his 30% interest as Dre's manager when he advised his client to hand over full ownership of his business to him in 1996.  "Your honor, my last business interaction with my client was almost twenty years ago when I had him sign over ownership of a 500 million dollar company to me.  Even though, I haven't had any direct business dealings with him since, I clearly deserve to be compensated for the two-billion-dollar deal that another management firm brokered for him in 2015."