Author Topic: Suge Knight's Lawyer Breaks His Silence with unbelievable Interview  (Read 2237 times)

abusive

Attorney Thaddeus J. Culpepper breaks his silence with a jaw dropping interview about Suge Knight, Tupac, Snoop Dogg, Dr Dre, Death Row Records, Reggie Wright Jr, Chris Brown and much more.....
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

love33

Re: Suge Knight's Lawyer Breaks His Silence with unbelievable Interview
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 09:56:29 PM »
Suge is going to be loaded with cash, if he clears even a quarter of the 30% deal in a settlement with Dre, that would be close to 75 million! If he has that deal in writing from David Kenner 96 days -- if he doesn't have it in writing he's shit outta luck with Dre
With the Snoop situation, it sounds like Snoop owes him money too, but again, what does the contract read?

Okka

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 02:55:52 AM »
Here's part 2 of the interview

Jay Wallace

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 11:30:34 AM »
Suge is going to be loaded with cash, if he clears even a quarter of the 30% deal in a settlement with Dre, that would be close to 75 million! 

It's very doubtful that any such deal will be given any credibility in court.  Suge can make that claim that he was locked into a lifetime management deal but the fact remains he wasn't active in managing that deal.  The type of people who wind up with 2 billion dollars of Apple money aren't hiring piss-ant lawyers/managers to look over their money.

I don't know how to take this seriously. Everyone assumes this is Suge's lawyer actually being interviewed. Although, I have no reason to doubt this, unless you know this man personally, it could be more of the same bullshit around this subject and youtube.

First off, a good lawyer won't discuss the actual case on the record. He's giving away what evidence they have. Either Suge has a terrible attorney or

Second, he clearly has an agenda and that's for Suge to make bail. So everything he says is geared towards that and not necessarily truth. Again not that this bad, just don't believe everything on face value like the existence of additional footage or Suge's declining health.

Thirdly, it is so highly unlikely they are keeping Suge in jail and have no intention of ever charging him, that's pure fiction, more likely they are still building a case and are getting conflicting information about everything. If there was any truth in this, the State prosecutors would be disbarred.
  Yeah, the whole argument sounds very questionable.  He talks about Dre needing video to show that the hit on Suge was a success. A guy with that much money is going to be so negligent as to want a video trail linking the hit right back to them when there would probably be countless easier ways to indicate that Suge had been killed?

love33

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 01:07:12 AM »
Suge is going to be loaded with cash, if he clears even a quarter of the 30% deal in a settlement with Dre, that would be close to 75 million! 

It's very doubtful that any such deal will be given any credibility in court.  Suge can make that claim that he was locked into a lifetime management deal but the fact remains he wasn't active in managing that deal.  The type of people who wind up with 2 billion dollars of Apple money aren't hiring piss-ant lawyers/managers to look over their money.

I don't know how to take this seriously. Everyone assumes this is Suge's lawyer actually being interviewed. Although, I have no reason to doubt this, unless you know this man personally, it could be more of the same bullshit around this subject and youtube.

First off, a good lawyer won't discuss the actual case on the record. He's giving away what evidence they have. Either Suge has a terrible attorney or

Second, he clearly has an agenda and that's for Suge to make bail. So everything he says is geared towards that and not necessarily truth. Again not that this bad, just don't believe everything on face value like the existence of additional footage or Suge's declining health.

Thirdly, it is so highly unlikely they are keeping Suge in jail and have no intention of ever charging him, that's pure fiction, more likely they are still building a case and are getting conflicting information about everything. If there was any truth in this, the State prosecutors would be disbarred.
  Yeah, the whole argument sounds very questionable.  He talks about Dre needing video to show that the hit on Suge was a success. A guy with that much money is going to be so negligent as to want a video trail linking the hit right back to them when there would probably be countless easier ways to indicate that Suge had been killed?

It all depends on the agrement (if it exists, and if it's signed by both parties or representatives on behalf of the parties) -- If the agreement reads that he owes Suge money, please believe he will collect or get a settlement (i.e. not the entire $75 million, but maybe he settles for a lump sum of $30 million and Dre gets a non-disparagement clause where Suge can never say anything negative about him again) -- if there's no signatures then there's absolutely nothing here if Suge says it's carved out on a napkin some where, Dre's lawyer will knock that down like child's play -- but I wouldn't sell Suge short with his contracts -- he always handled his contracts where he was the heavy beneficial party -- the Snoop deal netted him royalties off of his No Limit albums -- Suge stopped the new Death Row from forming by smacking them with a giant six figure million dollar lawsuit saying his own business owed him royalities and operating costs (very smart!) -- Remember he got Dre off the Eazy-E deal when Eazy-E had a similar deal with Dre (people say Eazy was under duress when he signed Dre off the agreement, which would be illegal, but again that was never proven)

It really just depends on what that paperwork says -- Death Row got slammed years later in a similar ruling -- For Dre, paying 30 million to Suge for a permanent settlement (which covers all past present and future royalties, and a non-dispargement) might be well worth it to throw at the issue so it stops coming back and interfering with him (that would be chump change for Dre)

About the lawyer, Suge has multiple lawyers -- he used primarily Kenner for a long time, but he's always had multiple lawyers he hires, which is not unusual -- this could be one of many lawyers he's shuffling, and yes, there could be a strategy involved with timing and events -- but that lawyer did go VERY SPECIFIC into the timeline and case, which I think is very unusual

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 03:54:18 AM »
What does Lil Half Dead have to do with anything?

...And no way Suge has any kind of executable lifetime contract with Dre.  For two reasons.  First of all, to my knowledge such contracts don't even exist--where you can inprison another person in a lifelong contract.  Second of all, even though Dre didn't leave with money in 96' leaving Death Row he left with something more important--his peace of mind and his freedom.  That was the whole goal of the negotiations between their lawyers--that Dre would basically give up his 50% he was owed but that he would be a totally free man and could go off on his own in good faith.  

No way Suge can come around 20 years later and try to claim on money made from Beats By Dre.  Suge probably couldn't even get another dime from the Chronic or "Keep Their Heads Ringin'" at this point, much less from Beats By Dre headphones.

..And I'm not saying all this cause I'm against Suge.  And I think the "he killed 2pac" thing is one of the worst and stupidest lies ever told in hip-hop.  If nothing else, Suge loved Pac and has stayed loyal to him more than anyone else in hip-hop.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 04:08:02 AM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

abusive

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 04:24:12 AM »
Thanks Okka.

It all depends on the agrement (if it exists, and if it's signed by both parties or representatives on behalf of the parties) -- If the agreement reads that he owes Suge money, please believe he will collect or get a settlement (i.e. not the entire $75 million, but maybe he settles for a lump sum of $30 million and Dre gets a non-disparagement clause where Suge can never say anything negative about him again) -- if there's no signatures then there's absolutely nothing here if Suge says it's carved out on a napkin some where, Dre's lawyer will knock that down like child's play -- but I wouldn't sell Suge short with his contracts -- he always handled his contracts where he was the heavy beneficial party -- the Snoop deal netted him royalties off of his No Limit albums -- Suge stopped the new Death Row from forming by smacking them with a giant six figure million dollar lawsuit saying his own business owed him royalities and operating costs (very smart!) -- Remember he got Dre off the Eazy-E deal when Eazy-E had a similar deal with Dre (people say Eazy was under duress when he signed Dre off the agreement, which would be illegal, but again that was never proven)

It really just depends on what that paperwork says -- Death Row got slammed years later in a similar ruling -- For Dre, paying 30 million to Suge for a permanent settlement (which covers all past present and future royalties, and a non-dispargement) might be well worth it to throw at the issue so it stops coming back and interfering with him (that would be chump change for Dre)

About the lawyer, Suge has multiple lawyers -- he used primarily Kenner for a long time, but he's always had multiple lawyers he hires, which is not unusual -- this could be one of many lawyers he's shuffling, and yes, there could be a strategy involved with timing and events -- but that lawyer did go VERY SPECIFIC into the timeline and case, which I think is very unusual

I agree with you. Everyone sees this and dismisses it but Suge's has been on point in business for the most part and let's face it, Dre hasn't been.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 12:12:22 PM »
That's true.  Seems like Suge knew the importance of contracts from the beginning and very rarely had a contractual dispute that showed something that he or someone on his legal team missed to the point where it was used as leverage against them.  For a while, Dre was always getting into bad situations and getting out of them by signing a contract that he thought was better but ended up being a ball and chain again when he wanted to leave.  And it wasn't just Suge either, remember the thing about Eazy having signed Dre to an exclusive deal or whatever it was to the point where he was getting money off of Chronic, just like how Suge was getting money off of Snoop's No Limit albums.

mastdark81

• 'G'
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2017, 01:00:15 PM »
This whole thing seems fishy.  For one I could have sworn by multiple sources that this Culpepper guy was fired by Suge
http://dallasblack.com/entertainment/suge-knight-replaces-another-lawyer-handling-his-murder-tria

Lessem, Newstat & Tooson were the new lawyers. 

I gotta believe this whole Dr. Dre thing was leaked out for this documentary the 1st time and now.  Why would anyone want someone to tape someone being "executed" I mean c'mon lmao.

Lastly, 99% of lawyers refer to their clients as "Mr. Knight" not as "Suge."  He kept saying..I gotta see what Suge say, smh.  This whole thing my guess is bogus.  Maybe the guy who's interviewing feel that it is real but my guess is the guy on the other end is fake or getting paid. 

Jay Wallace

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2017, 03:41:39 PM »
It all depends on the agrement (if it exists, and if it's signed by both parties or representatives on behalf of the parties) -- If the agreement reads that he owes Suge money, please believe he will collect or get a settlement (i.e. not the entire $75 million, but maybe he settles for a lump sum of $30 million and Dre gets a non-disparagement clause where Suge can never say anything negative about him again)

Contracts are never as cut and dry as “Person A owes Person B X amount of dollars”.   There’s a reason why Afeni Shakur ended up with a majority ownership of all her son’s material (including his work at Death Row) despite Suge having a legitimate artist contract with Pac. 

I wouldn't sell Suge short with his contracts -- he always handled his contracts where he was the heavy beneficial party -- the Snoop deal netted him royalties off of his No Limit albums

To be fair, Snoop was a brand new artist and Suge’s wife was his manager.  That’s the recipe to getting raped in the music industry. 

Remember he got Dre off the Eazy-E deal when Eazy-E had a similar deal with Dre (people say Eazy was under duress when he signed Dre off the agreement, which would be illegal, but again that was never proven)

He didn’t get Dre out of the deal at Ruthless.  The story has become that because it’s a great piece of the Suge Knight myth but the reality was Eazy cried foul, the moment after that shakedown happened.  He and Jerry Heller immediately filed litigation against everyone who stood to make money off Dre.  Sony were prepared to offer Death Row the single most lucrative distribution channel for an independent label ever but once Eric named Tommy Matolla in the suit, they killed it and walked away.

It was Jimmy Iovine and Interscope who brokered the deal with Ruthless to pay them royalties off of Dre’s work so they would back off the lawsuit against Suge for contract tampering and allow Dre to record for another label. 

It was a similar deal with the Vanilla Ice legend.  Whatever papers Ice signed in the hotel room had no effect on the judge ruling.  Chocolate was paid royalties because they released the album without getting paperwork for the songwriting, not because Suge Knight had a contract.

Thirty million dollars will never be chump change.  Suge is stuck in a prison cell with limited access to funds.  He’s fighting a murder charge that could lock him down for the remainder of his life.  Dre is sitting home, free, with the best lawyers money can buy.  They are already getting paid so it cost him literally no extra money to have them drag their feet for years and protect every penny of his interests against Suge. 

To say it’s worth it is to underestimate the level of the issue between Dre and Suge. Dre’s not going to give a nickel to the guy who already fucked him out of his half of a 500-hundred million dollar company. Suge’s lawyer has accused Dre of conspiring to have his client killed.  Dre’s not cutting him a check.   

love33

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2017, 02:15:40 AM »
What does Lil Half Dead have to do with anything?

...And no way Suge has any kind of executable lifetime contract with Dre.  For two reasons.  First of all, to my knowledge such contracts don't even exist--where you can inprison another person in a lifelong contract.  Second of all, even though Dre didn't leave with money in 96' leaving Death Row he left with something more important--his peace of mind and his freedom.  That was the whole goal of the negotiations between their lawyers--that Dre would basically give up his 50% he was owed but that he would be a totally free man and could go off on his own in good faith.  

No way Suge can come around 20 years later and try to claim on money made from Beats By Dre.  Suge probably couldn't even get another dime from the Chronic or "Keep Their Heads Ringin'" at this point, much less from Beats By Dre headphones.

..And I'm not saying all this cause I'm against Suge.  And I think the "he killed 2pac" thing is one of the worst and stupidest lies ever told in hip-hop.  If nothing else, Suge loved Pac and has stayed loyal to him more than anyone else in hip-hop.

Sure you can sign a lifetime deal in Anything -- Look at how Suge got smacked up years later with Death Row Records with the lawsuit that caused Suge to send Death Row to bankruptcy filings

Jay Wallace

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2017, 04:28:06 AM »
Sure you can sign a lifetime deal in Anything -- Look at how Suge got smacked up years later with Death Row Records with the lawsuit that caused Suge to send Death Row to bankruptcy filings
  Which lawsuit are you referring to?

love33

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2017, 01:36:19 PM »
  Which lawsuit are you referring to?

Michael Harris -- he won the giant lawsuit ages later -- he never got any of that money but it buried the label

abusive

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2017, 03:55:07 PM »
Both videos have been removed.

Jay Wallace

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2017, 04:05:09 PM »
Michael Harris -- he won the giant lawsuit ages later -- he never got any of that money but it buried the label
That wasn't a "lifetime contract" though so why did you use it as an example of how you CAN have a lifetime contract.