Author Topic: Kendrick Lamar - DAMN. [Discussion Thread]  (Read 13914 times)

hitsaw

Re: Kendrick Lamar - DAMN. [Discussion Thread]
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2017, 08:10:04 AM »
Yo am I bugging? What 50 Cent song does "Fear" sample?

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2017, 08:37:14 AM »
No Dre production? Not even the inspiration to produce one nice track?!?!? WTF is happening to Dre? The older and richer he gets, the less inspiration?
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2017, 08:38:00 AM »
Sorry but this album and this "mc" is bullshit, feel free to coment plugshit,sicfuck and who fuck ever!! Who needs to be killed ?? Raise your fuckin hand !!!

Stop trolling, you express your feelings multiple times and we get it you don't like him so now unless you have interesting comments to post just stop it's annoying bro.

jman91331

« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2017, 08:57:38 AM »
No Dre production? Not even the inspiration to produce one nice track?!?!? WTF is happening to Dre? The older and richer he gets, the less inspiration?
What would a Dre track change? It's a dope album regardless. One of the things Dre likes about Kendrick is his in-house production so why take from that to make room for Dr. Dre tracks just for the sake of having them? Dre is his ceo all he has to do is put the album out, not produce. Enjoy it for what it is, it's dope!

me1

« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2017, 07:14:51 PM »

I feel you 100% but the fact Dre doesn't even lay a hand on this project is a good thing. He's letting Kendrick do Kendrick 100%

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2017, 07:57:35 PM »
How far has hip-hop fallen. If Snoop got Kobe to listen to their album ahead of time and then Kobe posted that online hours before the release, everyone here would have been going bananas. I will say I think those clips with LeBron listening to K Dot was genius marketing and I think Kenny is going to bangers on this album. I think critically it will be at most a 8/10 or 4/5, but it's going to move commercially.

to be fair I didn't know until you mentioned it. it's on his IG story, not even his regular feed though.

speaking of Lebron, he posted on his story, a few months back, clips of him vibing to Spice 1, C-Bo and Brotha Lynch Hung. kinda dope even though I'm not big on basketball.

LeBron is a westcoast / bay fan, not very surprising since Akron has been big on westcoast rap for a while.

So both Drake and LeBron are friends, and now K Dot gave LeBron a track to groove to online, and it turns out to be a Drake diss. LMFAO. Element is a straight Drake diss and K Dot had his own friend playing it online and LeBron never noticed. Wow. That's crazy.

dnjp4life

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2017, 11:05:03 AM »
No rumoured second album then, after all those fan theories.

Still haven't got round to listening to this album yet, aside from the two videos up on YouTube.  The second beat that comes in on 'DNA' sounds insane, can't wait to bang that when I pick up the album.

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2017, 11:07:35 AM »
2nd video from the album which is none other than DNA  8)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NLZRYQMLDW4" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NLZRYQMLDW4</a>

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2017, 01:48:49 PM »
No rumoured second album then, after all those fan theories.

Still haven't got round to listening to this album yet, aside from the two videos up on YouTube.  The second beat that comes in on 'DNA' sounds insane, can't wait to bang that when I pick up the album.

I posted the stuff for the second album because it reminded me when 'Pac died and everyone was trying to say he was alive. LMAO. It was pretty cool to me. Kendrick right now has entered new heights I haven't seen in a long time with fan Standom. I ain't going to lie either, he's my favorite out today and I think his new album is a great album. It's not classic, but it's a damn good album and I'm glad the best rapper out today is from the West. It just feels right.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2017, 07:22:42 PM »
Fam, can we move this thread to the "West Coast Classics" section yet?

Sccit

« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2017, 08:04:18 PM »

it don't mean classic material, it mean west coast shit from over 10 years ago .. this is the new west forum. kendrick=new west.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2017, 10:12:27 PM »

it don't mean classic material, it mean west coast shit from over 10 years ago .. this is the new west forum. kendrick=new west.

I'm playin...but I'm serious.  :tupachappy:

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2017, 09:08:01 AM »
I don't think this album will go down as a classic. But it's the album which K Dot out sold Drake! K Dot goes mainstream and crushes Drake, takes the crown and brings it to Compton. All while keeping his lyrical style and artistic integrity.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2017, 12:27:57 PM »
Mainstream? :eh:

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2017, 02:31:39 PM »
Mainstream? :eh:

Went gold in one week, had Rihanna, HUMBLE., more bangers, people saying how much they like it better than TPAB. Yeah, it's more mainstream with a more mainstream sound. With that said, it's like he did it right. He found out how to keep his voice and do mainstream songs. Like that was his point of the album, along with showing off his new Hebrew roots.