Author Topic: Kendrick Lamar - DAMN. [Discussion Thread]  (Read 13974 times)

dnjp4life

Re: Kendrick Lamar - DAMN. [Discussion Thread]
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2017, 06:07:43 AM »
it's not as good as his last two .. solid album overall tho

I sort of feel this way about the album too.  It's not as musically ambitious as his previous efforts, but where 'DAMN.' benefits is, like others have said, its replay value compared to Kendrick's other albums. 

It feels like you can jump into listening to this album anytime, anywhere, and in a random sequence, whereas I felt with the others you have to sit down and take it all in front to back in one sitting.

There are a couple of so-so tracks on here though, which his other two major label albums didn't have in my opinion.

Marco

« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2017, 12:22:43 PM »
DJ Premier worked on songs for Kendrick Lamar's "DAMN.", but they didn't make the cut. :(

https://twitter.com/REALDJPREMIER/status/863077551811563521
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 12:35:15 PM by Marco »
West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection

Sccit

« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2017, 06:35:10 PM »
Also, after a few listens, like all day at work, I realized something. Kendrick use to be HEAVY Christian. Then on Good Friday, he is calling himself Hebrew! I have family who have converted to Hebrew, especially my half black fam. So I wonder if he joined that movement that's been gaining steam lately. Interesting.

«I'm an Israelite, don't call me black no more!» -> A bible reference, and also a nod to "How much a dollar cost"..
Then on "Fear": «Until you come back to these commandments, we're gonna be in this place, we're gonna be under this curse. Because he said he's gonna punish us, the so-called Blacks, Hispanics, and Native American Indians, are the true children of Israel. We are the Israelites according to the Bible.»

he wants to be chosen

Sccit

« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2017, 06:42:15 PM »
DJ Premier worked on songs for Kendrick Lamar's "DAMN.", but they didn't make the cut. :(

https://twitter.com/REALDJPREMIER/status/863077551811563521

damn shame

tpab>gkmc>damn

Okka

« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2017, 11:49:00 PM »
Finally got myself a copy. I'm gonna listen to it this weekend. I'll drop some thoughts later.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2017, 10:30:33 AM »
Finally got myself a copy. I'm gonna listen to it this weekend. I'll drop some thoughts later.

You bought a physical? I did too. I actually like it better because they cut out the call from his Cousin Carl. The phone call connects to YAH., but I hate that it's just before FEAR., which is one of the best tracks on there.

Sccit

« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2017, 11:06:00 AM »

You bought a physical? I did too. I actually like it better because they cut out the call from his Cousin Carl. The phone call connects to YAH., but I hate that it's just before FEAR., which is one of the best tracks on there.

what u mean?

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2017, 11:55:54 AM »

what u mean?

Digital and Physical are different, the physical is shorter for the reason mentionned above

Sccit

« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2017, 04:51:06 PM »

what u mean?

Digital and Physical are different, the physical is shorter for the reason mentionned above

so theres a skit missing from the physical? some1 post that on youtube

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2017, 08:13:33 AM »
Leaving out the skit though made no sense. A physical can be up to 90 minutes. This was only 55minutes, they had 2 extra minutes to put the phone call in.

I would post it, but I don't want a YT violation.

But I guess there are a few other changes, very slight. The CD has Kid Capri opening LOVE., the digital is Kendrick with Capri just saying another World Premier, digital has a little more U2 than CD. I honestly like the CD better. But I guess the digital is suppose to be the final version that they made and the official one.

Sccit

« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2017, 09:40:17 AM »
Leaving out the skit though made no sense. A physical can be up to 90 minutes. This was only 55minutes, they had 2 extra minutes to put the phone call in.

I would post it, but I don't want a YT violation.

But I guess there are a few other changes, very slight. The CD has Kid Capri opening LOVE., the digital is Kendrick with Capri just saying another World Premier, digital has a little more U2 than CD. I honestly like the CD better. But I guess the digital is suppose to be the final version that they made and the official one.

more u2?? lol

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2017, 11:06:00 AM »
Yeah, I think on the stream U2 had an extra line or 2. CD version they didn't, so I rock my CD version.

Blood$

« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2017, 12:24:02 PM »

80 minutes

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2017, 05:36:16 PM »
Still, the steam was less than 60

ILoveQSeven

« Reply #89 on: June 27, 2017, 05:04:31 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/glaG64Ao7sM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/glaG64Ao7sM</a>