Author Topic: Why did No Limit albums always have the worst replay value?  (Read 2361 times)

Sccit

Re: Why did No Limit albums always have the worst replay value?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2017, 11:09:38 AM »
I liked No Limit when it was in the bay

Lil Ric - Deep N Tha Game
E-A-Ski - 1 Step Ahead of Yall
West Coast Bad Boyz Vol. 1 Anotha Level of the Game
Dangerous Dame - Escape from the Mental Ward
Master P - 99 Ways to Die
Master P - The Ghettos Tryin to Kill Me!
West Coast Bad Boyz: High Fo Xmas
Rally Ral - Something Kind Of Funky 

I never listened to much of the later stuff apart from Snoop Dogg and Master P MP Da Last Don

easily the best no limit era

Don Seer

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2017, 11:27:35 AM »
couse they wack.

have you even heard any No Limit albums to critique? their catalog is definitely better than Sick Wid It's, no question

Name a good album. Just one.

"No Limit Top Dogg" and "Tha Last Meal".

:) :) :)

bouli77

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2017, 05:05:17 PM »
I liked No Limit when it was in the bay

Lil Ric - Deep N Tha Game
E-A-Ski - 1 Step Ahead of Yall
West Coast Bad Boyz Vol. 1 Anotha Level of the Game
Dangerous Dame - Escape from the Mental Ward
Master P - 99 Ways to Die
Master P - The Ghettos Tryin to Kill Me!
West Coast Bad Boyz: High Fo Xmas
Rally Ral - Something Kind Of Funky 

I never listened to much of the later stuff apart from Snoop Dogg and Master P MP Da Last Don

easily the best no limit era

musically no doubt. E-A Ski & CMT, K-Lou, DJ Daryl, Larry D, Al Eaton produced classic songs. however, that's not the sound they're famous for and that's not what made them permanently leave a mark in the industry. it's kinda sad how people just think of No Limit as mediocre rappers over mediocre beats when they had skilled mc's (Mac, Young Bleed, Mia X, Fiend) and talented musicians and producers (K-Lou, Mo B. Dick, KLC)

As for good, cohesive No Limit projects, there are a host of them :

TRU - True
Master P - 99 Wayz To Die
Master P - Ice Cream Man
Mo B. Dick - Gangsta Harmony
Steady Mobb'n - Premeditated Drama
Young Bleed - My Balls & My Word

Not to mention classic compilations like the West Coast Badd Boyz Vol. 1&2 + High fo' X-Mas.

It's funny how Infinite talks about No Limit albums' replay value when he hasn't heard 1% of their catalogue.

Blood$

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2017, 05:18:51 PM »
couse they wack.

have you even heard any No Limit albums to critique? their catalog is definitely better than Sick Wid It's, no question

No, it's not.

more classic albums released from artists = greater by default and strength in numbers... but I will say B-Legit is probably a better rapper than the whole No Limit roster

bouli77

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2017, 05:47:38 PM »
couse they wack.

No, it's not.

more classic albums released from artists = greater by default and strength in numbers... but I will say B-Legit is probably a better rapper than the whole No Limit roster

more classic albums probably if you think of the impact of No Limit back then. but as far as 1) musical quality and 2) rap quality, I'd say that even the very best No Limit album will never come close to Sick Wid It's best releases. All in all, No Limit's catalogue is more stacked and has more depth, but Sick Wid It's level of quality is ridiculous.

B-Legit - Hemp Museum
Celly Cel - Killa Kali
E-40 - In A Major Way
Playaz Tryna Strive - All Frames of The Game
The Click - Game Related

are in my opinion intrinsically better than any album released on No Limit, all eras combined.

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2017, 07:14:45 PM »
yea, thats a pretty bold claim...the best sick wid it shit absolutely shits on the best no limit shit.

Blood$

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2017, 10:22:47 PM »
I'm just saying No Limit has more classics under their belt collectively as a label than Sick Wid It does lol you can only compare them musically to a degree since Master P's earlier shit was heavily Bay influenced and later on was more Southern

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2017, 01:41:21 PM »
I do agree that NL albums drip retroactive wack juice, to me its because they felt mass produced and rushed out of the door (which they were).

Snoops first release when he jumped ship was absolutely horrendous as he went from well mixed, mastered and produced albums that had at least an element of cohesion into some cheap, tacky, beefed up MIDI produced sounds with semi coherent artists that could barely flow.

I often wonder if P and the south would have got as big as they did without the demise of DR and with it the dominance of the west.

Blood$

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2017, 03:50:25 PM »
I just recently found Snoop's first album on No Limit for a few bucks and it was in the OG blue case so I bought it, after playing it in entirety for the first time in many years in the whip I have to say it really wasn't bad at all, granted I could see the backlash because it wasn't "real west coast"

I used to think it was just very average when I had it downloaded back in the day but now I would actually rank it higher than Doggfather (over-rated as fuck, only gets credit for the DPG features), Paid Da Cost To Be Da Boss (has some classics but inconsistent overall), and Malice N Wonderland (should have never even came out) lol maybe even Ego Trippin' too granted they are all very different musically

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2017, 09:01:27 PM »
I just recently found Snoop's first album on No Limit for a few bucks and it was in the OG blue case so I bought it, after playing it in entirety for the first time in many years in the whip I have to say it really wasn't bad at all, granted I could see the backlash because it wasn't "real west coast"

I used to think it was just very average when I had it downloaded back in the day but now I would actually rank it higher than Doggfather (over-rated as fuck, only gets credit for the DPG features), Paid Da Cost To Be Da Boss (has some classics but inconsistent overall), and Malice N Wonderland (should have never even came out) lol maybe even Ego Trippin' too granted they are all very different musically

lol no way it's better than doggfather or even paid the cost