Author Topic: DJ Quik & Problem - Rosecrans (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 9718 times)

Blood$

Re: DJ Quik & Problem - Rosecrans (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2017, 11:58:25 AM »
I'm fucking with this heavy now that it's out in full

MOBNigga06

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2017, 06:45:49 PM »
One thing this album has made me realize: Quik is getting better as a lyricist over time. His vocal contributions to this record outshine EVERYBODY! I've always liked Problem and considered him a talented lyricist, but Quik is just on another level now. Really looking forward to the next full-length Quik album.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Mr. Theo

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2017, 12:22:34 PM »
Where's Theo at I'm surprised he didn't start this thread

Sorry, business travel . But I'm Here now Chef YRD

Let's do This

Amazing album..this album is done since June 2016 .

DJ Quik made the entire album on the Diamond Lane studios, Van Nuys ( small studio )

All the 6 tracks already released sounds much better on the album concept.

My Review off the new 6 Tracks..

European Vacation, sounds really great..i loved this track..the melodies sung in DJ Quik verse..details are crazy in this record..Problem verse is fire too 10/10

Bad Azz is a bomb summer vibe.....when the beat changes in Quik's verse is like "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat" 10/10

Move Something, this shit should be a LA hit, should play on all the radios in Los Angeles, its catchy..its good..Quik create a club banger over "Computer Love"..i named this shit the new "Can You Work Wit Dat" on steroids..10/10

Chachi's Ride ? This shit shoulda be in rotation on 94.7 The Wave !!! Kevin Nash has the obligation to play thisssssss on 102.3 nights, this is crazy 90'S L.A Shit for the night ride  10/10

Central Ave, track is dope...too short..a third verse with Quik and Eiht trading bars could have been epic 9/10

Funny How N***** Can Change Thangs / Hidden track,  dope track..DJ Quik on Just Blaze mode at the end of first instrumental  9/10  Hidden track..cool vibe, shows Quik can produce contemporary shit 9/10

Brilliant Album, DJ Quik got another one. One of the greatest in MUSIC history .

Next ? The Morning After or 304 Posse album "The Recipe" .

I'll will be back later with info .
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 12:24:59 PM by Mr. Theo »

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

Chef_YRD

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2017, 12:32:58 PM »
I agree with everything you said in your review bro...it's crazy how he continues to amaze with his production no matter how much of a hand he had in "move something" being that it's not his signature sound you can still feel his presence on it and the thought that it's a very new school sounding track with Zapp samples is incredible...bad azz is the best song he's made in a while from the talkbox to the instrumental and how it faintly rides out during the last 2 verses on a posse-ish cut it reminds me of "I can feel that" by mausberg off of non-fiction...just some other minor notes suga free delivered on his feature huh? One of his best verses in a while...being biased the whole album has to be either a 9.5/10 or a solid 10/10...
"Colder than dolemite 3 o'clock on a North Pole night In a suit made outta hoe hair woven tight rolling Pluto rocks turned to dice"

"I'm like a dream forgotten by van gough you allergic to handsoap,plus you dome dudes by the van load,wouldn't give you a jacket at lambeau"

Mr. Theo

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2017, 01:11:02 PM »
Rosecrans the Album was completed in June 2016 .

Quik is working hard on music since last July.

DJ Quik promised new music with AMG,2nd II None and Hi-C . But they don't featured on Rosecrans.

Is the Recipe on the way ? Is it a 304 Posse / Skanless posse album ?

We got that incredible track "The Recipe" track with him and Hi-C .

We got Quik featuring 2nd II None premiered on KDAY in the beginning of 2016 "Senhorita"

We got Quik with MC Eiht,Suga Free and Domino "Ladies Nite" track played on KDAY this January.

We got a track posted on TeeFlii instagram ..TeeFlii sings the chorus..later Quik added 2nd II None,Hi-C and AMG verses in this song ( SEE UNCLE DAVE FOREMAN IG )

DJ Quik recently worked on new possible tracks with the legend Greg Phillinganes .

Quik is working with Uncle Chucc and 2 others bassists on Fresher Than Me ( that old track with Suga Free and Jon B )

All these tracks are party/women oriented tracks..is that The Recipe, the long awaited Skanless Posse LP ?

let's see !!

« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 01:57:19 PM by Mr. Theo »

Sccit

• Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • אליאור
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2017, 01:20:34 PM »
quik definitely underrated as a rapper

DJSpin

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2017, 06:45:49 PM »

We got Quik featuring 2nd II None premiered on KDAY in the beginning of 2016 "Senhorita"

We got Quik with MC Eiht,Suga Free and Domino "Ladies Nite" track played on KDAY this January.

We got a track posted on TeeFlii instagram ..TeeFlii sings the chorus..later Quik added 2nd II None,Hi-C and AMG verses in this song ( SEE UNCLE DAVE FOREMAN IG )

DJ Quik recently worked on new possible tracks with the legend Greg Phillinganes .

Quik is working with Uncle Chucc and 2 others bassists on Fresher Than Me ( that old track with Suga Free and Jon

Can someone post all of these?  I never heard any of them!!!!!!!

sav

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2017, 07:00:51 PM »
Incredible from start to finish.

Soopafly DPGC

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2017, 07:45:06 PM »

DJ Quik promised new music with AMG,2nd II None and Hi-C . But they don't featured on Rosecrans.

Quik is working with Uncle Chucc and 2 others bassists on Fresher Than Me ( that old track with Suga Free and Jon B )

All these tracks are party/women oriented tracks..is that The Recipe, the long awaited Skanless Posse LP ?

let's see !!

Anyone have either of those KDay tracks?  Senhorita or Ladies Night.  I can't find them anywhere.  Surely someone ripped them and posted them.

MOBNigga06

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2017, 08:18:47 PM »

Quik is working with Uncle Chucc and 2 others bassists on Fresher Than Me ( that old track with Suga Free and Jon

Can someone post all of these?  I never heard any of them!!!!!!!

WORD! I been out of the loop as well. Quik is making moves and I've been missing it.

Also, anyone have an MP3 of Black Friday?
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Lucifuge

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2017, 11:28:51 PM »
This is amazing. Finally somthing for the summer ride  8) 8)
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Lucifuge

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2017, 01:32:46 AM »
Damn this Chachi's Ride is somthin else. pfff 8) 8) this is huge they need to drop a video for it, damn.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 01:38:26 AM by Lucifuge »
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

FUCK-YOU-BItch

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2017, 08:31:15 AM »
Good shit  8) 8)

Mr. Theo

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2017, 12:50:27 PM »

let's see !!

Anyone have either of those KDay tracks?  Senhorita or Ladies Night.  I can't find them anywhere.  Surely someone ripped them and posted them.
what a track, man this is something like Joe Pass instrumental

This version is only with Second II None..Quik added his verse later.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xD9eIfTLHKE&amp;list=PLYfy-2I1Eo9wjiENipZxYhDj2GYMg2SZP&amp;index=4" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xD9eIfTLHKE&amp;list=PLYfy-2I1Eo9wjiENipZxYhDj2GYMg2SZP&amp;index=4</a>

Don Seer

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2017, 01:07:15 PM »

album is sick.. getting better with every listen too

Blood$

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2017, 05:32:10 PM »
if this were to be released on vinyl though  :o

hopefully somebody on here that knows Quik can relay that message to him lol heads would 100% buy it

DJSpin

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2017, 06:15:51 PM »
Damn this Chachi's Ride is somthin else. pfff 8) 8) this is huge they need to drop a video for it, damn.

This beat/song is very dope!  But it's missing one thing...... quik rippin a skanless ass verse to it!

Young Old Head

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2017, 02:41:34 PM »
where them hard copies at tho?

Cash Money Blood Gang

ThugLord Yuk aka Yukky Forehead

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

dp

« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2017, 08:50:54 AM »
"Boom....to the back of me....bitch your birth certificate ain't nothin' but an apology letter to the condom factory"
LOL oh snap!  Suga Free the king

Album's cool, a little too many guests and singing for my liking but good late night bumpin.
YOU CAN PIMP ME BITCH....WHEN THEY MAKE DILDOS OUTTA DAYTON SPOKES!

Matty

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2017, 08:37:59 PM »
bumping this 8)

quik came through with some fire, as always. shame there wasn't more new tracks instead of all the EP cuts.

Sccit

• Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • אליאור
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2017, 10:36:33 PM »
is there going to be a hard copy release ??

Jay Wallace

« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2017, 04:34:28 PM »
is there going to be a hard copy release ??

That's whut we all wondering.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

D-TalkX

« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2017, 08:16:18 AM »
Not a huge fan of the new tracks. EP is solid though.

makaveliapostle

« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2017, 11:19:14 AM »
i gotta say, there are some really stellar tracks on this album.  problem is though.......problem is a pretty intolerable rapper.  if this was a dj quik solo album with occasional verses from chachi it would be a totally different story.  unfortunately, it feels more like a problem album featuring quik.  i would also venture to say that the album is a little sample-heavy production-wise for my taste.  quik always shines with live instrumentation.  however, having said all this, quik delivers his extremely entertaining verses as usual and this will be the best engineered and mixed album of the year unless he decides to drop another project.

additional thoughts:
european vacation - sounds very similar to pet cemetary.  an okay track.
a new nite/rosecrans groove - arguably the best track on the album.  quik's vocoder sound on "rosecrans groove" sounds very similar to radiohead's "kid a."  super kool.
bad azz - would be some much doper if quik sang the hook instead of problem.  just listen to the outro.
move something - literally sounds like an almost equally terrible version of ludacris' "move bitch, get out the way."
rosecrans - good blend of sampling/live synths.
you are everything - pretty good joint, sample has been used a million times though.
chachi's ride - probably the second best track on the album.
take it off one time - ehhh, sounds like a strip-club joint.
this is your moment - very solid track.  knocks real hard.
straight to the city - i find problem's rapping really annoying on this one.
central ave - nothing special.
funny how niggas gone change things - probably the third best track on the album.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 11:21:51 AM by makaveliapostle »

DJSpin

« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2017, 05:00:41 PM »
Here's my take.
european vacation - great track. Hard to find something wrong. Give me a " do today" vibe. The one thing this song is craving for is a dope verse from AMG instead of that useless intro.
a new nite/rosecrans groove -  another great track. Wish they separated out the groove so I can skip it when I don't feel like listening easily.  Need a hard copy I guess.
bad azz - decent song. The beat change is cool. Too bad the second beat wasn't used in a full song though. Decent add to the ep.
move something - not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Got a fixers vibe to it
rosecrans - decent track. Too much signing. Quik needs a verse. His Adlibs are pointless.
you are everything - good track, dope beat. Again, quik needs to drop a verse.
chachi's ride - one of the best on the album. I love it. But it's too bad we don't get quik rapping on this funky beat
take it off one time - i like this track, too bad bad luck didn't spit more.
this is your moment - decent track. Problem is annoying though
straight to the city - i like this track, nice beat good raps. But again quik is missing. Fail
central ave - this is cool n all, but what's the point, sounds like half the track is missing. 30 seconds from eiht, 20 seconds from quik. C'mon
funny how niggas gone change things - this song had so much potential. Great beat. Quiks verse is weak, and that singing really ruins this song. I wish I could change things on that track!
Hidden song - what a waste of a dope beat.