Author Topic: DJ Quik & Problem - Rosecrans (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 12671 times)

Marco

DJ Quik & Problem - Rosecrans (Official Discussion Thread)
« on: April 21, 2017, 08:20:58 AM »

1. European Vacation (feat. AMG)
2. A New Nite / Rosecrans Grove
3. Bad Azz (feat. Dom Kennedy, Boogie & Bad Lucc)
4. Move Something
5. Rosecrans (feat. The Game & Candice Boyd)
6. You Are Everything
7. Chachi's Ride (feat. Brittany Barber & Bryan J)
8. Take It Off One Time (feat. Bad Lucc & Bryan J)
9. This Is Your Moment (feat. Wiz Khalifa & Buddy)
10. Straight to the City
11. Central Ave (feat. MC Eiht)
12. Funny How Niggas Gon Change Things (feat. MC Eiht & Suga Free)

Production Credits:
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=323424.0
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 02:54:40 PM by Marco »
West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

doggfather

Re: DJ Quik & Problem Release Full-Length "Rosecrans" Album
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 09:35:57 AM »
Comin out on cd too?
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

dnjp4life

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 09:41:49 AM »
Damnit I only bought the EP last month after waiting ages for this album to drop.  Now I'm gonna have to sell it and get this one :D

Fonky Fresh

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 10:01:55 AM »
snippets here is asking too much i guess
Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 10:32:38 AM »
Just started the listen and the first song just killed me  :o  WTF OMG the beat is from another galaxy of greatness!

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 12:33:36 PM »
The album is AMAZING, the 6 new tracks are just dope AF, classic QUIK material and we dont have 1 but 2 collabos with MC Eiht!
The best 3 releases of the year came this month imo between this, Kendrick and Joey Bada$$ it's a lot of dope material out there

Marco

Re: DJ Quik & Problem - Rosecrans (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 01:10:13 PM »
The new tracks are great.. :o 8)
West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection

Chef_YRD

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 01:31:44 PM »
Okay man this album is incredible especially these new songs...bad azz is unlike anything I've heard the way the talkbox comes in towards the middle and the beat changes is out of this world especially how the talkbox goes "oh-oh" throughout quiks verse which is his best in years...crazy how the beat to move something sounds so new school with all those zap samples
"Colder than dolemite 3 o'clock on a North Pole night In a suit made outta hoe hair woven tight rolling Pluto rocks turned to dice"

"I'm like a dream forgotten by van gough you allergic to handsoap,plus you dome dudes by the van load,wouldn't give you a jacket at lambeau"

Jay Wallace

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 02:07:59 PM »
Fuck!  Hope physical copies are coming soon.

Young Old Head

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 08:03:03 PM »
Fuck!  Hope physical copies are coming soon.

!!!

Cash Money Blood Gang

MOBNigga06

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2017, 08:50:57 PM »
The new songs are extremely dope. Some of the best beats and lyrics that Quik ever put out.

My only complaint is why such little material? 12 songs is the bare minimum for an album, and half of them were already released on the EP. And surely everybody who bought the EP is buying this album as well. I get it that it's perceived as an "artistic" thing to be minimalistic and drop a short album with only good material, but come on, it's Quik, he doesn't drop any wack shit. I wish he'd give us 20 new tracks. Everything Quik drops now is dope.

AMG sounds great here, by the way. Would love to hear more collaborations now between Quik and his old homies. Class of 91 now it's time for fun!

The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Chef_YRD

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2017, 10:10:18 PM »
The new songs are extremely dope. Some of the best beats and lyrics that Quik ever put out.

My only complaint is why such little material? 12 songs is the bare minimum for an album, and half of them were already released on the EP. And surely everybody who bought the EP is buying this album as well. I get it that it's perceived as an "artistic" thing to be minimalistic and drop a short album with only good material, but come on, it's Quik, he doesn't drop any wack shit. I wish he'd give us 20 new tracks. Everything Quik drops now is dope.

AMG sounds great here, by the way. Would love to hear more collaborations now between Quik and his old homies. Class of 91 now it's time for fun!

This release based on the strength of

1. A new nite/rosecrans groove
2. Bad azz
3. Central ave
4. European vacation
5. Funny how niggas gon change / hidden track

Make it one of his greatest albums atleast post trauma...it's crazy how he and whoever helped produce "move something" made a new school sounding track with so many zapp samples too...I guess this is what happens when you give quik unlimited studio time 🤔🤔
"Colder than dolemite 3 o'clock on a North Pole night In a suit made outta hoe hair woven tight rolling Pluto rocks turned to dice"

"I'm like a dream forgotten by van gough you allergic to handsoap,plus you dome dudes by the van load,wouldn't give you a jacket at lambeau"

Young Old Head

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2017, 04:20:13 AM »

u do know that this album is roughly an hour long, right? + there's shit loads of quik material out, don't be greedy  ;D

Cash Money Blood Gang

WestWestYA

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2017, 06:39:56 AM »
Great Album. But not feeling the quik and eiht songs they seem very average tbh.