Author Topic: DJ Quik & Problem - Rosecrans (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 12680 times)

Blood$

Re: DJ Quik & Problem - Rosecrans (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2017, 06:43:19 AM »
so glad I didn't buy the hard copy of just the EP when I saw it in stores for like $13 lol whoever bought that got played  :laugh:

will be buying this full album whenever I find a hard copy  8)

doggfather

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2017, 09:44:19 AM »
go the ep on cd, and gonna buy this one too!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2017, 11:10:01 AM »
go the ep on cd, and gonna buy this one too!

So Do I

Mista Rosa

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2017, 12:04:03 PM »
I will cop the album too when physicals are out. DJ Quik man.
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Chef_YRD

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2017, 01:55:43 PM »
Where's Theo at I'm surprised he didn't start this thread
"Colder than dolemite 3 o'clock on a North Pole night In a suit made outta hoe hair woven tight rolling Pluto rocks turned to dice"

"I'm like a dream forgotten by van gough you allergic to handsoap,plus you dome dudes by the van load,wouldn't give you a jacket at lambeau"

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2017, 02:21:39 PM »
when's the hard copies droppin

DJSpin

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2017, 06:15:38 PM »
Wow.  Snippets are incredible. What's up with the 2 minute song with eiht? Does both quik and problem rap?

Marco

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2017, 06:49:05 PM »
Wow.  Snippets are incredible. What's up with the 2 minute song with eiht? Does both quik and problem rap?

Nope, only Eiht and Quik raps on this track.
West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection

Chef_YRD

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2017, 08:22:16 PM »
No one forget the hidden track man it's so dope even tho problem does his best ty dolla $ign impression it's 10/10
"Colder than dolemite 3 o'clock on a North Pole night In a suit made outta hoe hair woven tight rolling Pluto rocks turned to dice"

"I'm like a dream forgotten by van gough you allergic to handsoap,plus you dome dudes by the van load,wouldn't give you a jacket at lambeau"

DJSpin

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2017, 06:52:40 AM »
I was really hoping AMG had a 'real' verse on European vacation. He would've murdered that beat.  Dope song regardless!

Blood$

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2017, 11:58:25 AM »
I'm fucking with this heavy now that it's out in full

MOBNigga06

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2017, 06:45:49 PM »
One thing this album has made me realize: Quik is getting better as a lyricist over time. His vocal contributions to this record outshine EVERYBODY! I've always liked Problem and considered him a talented lyricist, but Quik is just on another level now. Really looking forward to the next full-length Quik album.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Mr. Theo

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2017, 12:22:34 PM »
Where's Theo at I'm surprised he didn't start this thread

Sorry, business travel . But I'm Here now Chef YRD

Let's do This

Amazing album..this album is done since June 2016 .

DJ Quik made the entire album on the Diamond Lane studios, Van Nuys ( small studio )

All the 6 tracks already released sounds much better on the album concept.

My Review off the new 6 Tracks..

European Vacation, sounds really great..i loved this track..the melodies sung in DJ Quik verse..details are crazy in this record..Problem verse is fire too 10/10

Bad Azz is a bomb summer vibe.....when the beat changes in Quik's verse is like "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat" 10/10

Move Something, this shit should be a LA hit, should play on all the radios in Los Angeles, its catchy..its good..Quik create a club banger over "Computer Love"..i named this shit the new "Can You Work Wit Dat" on steroids..10/10

Chachi's Ride ? This shit shoulda be in rotation on 94.7 The Wave !!! Kevin Nash has the obligation to play thisssssss on 102.3 nights, this is crazy 90'S L.A Shit for the night ride  10/10

Central Ave, track is dope...too short..a third verse with Quik and Eiht trading bars could have been epic 9/10

Funny How N***** Can Change Thangs / Hidden track,  dope track..DJ Quik on Just Blaze mode at the end of first instrumental  9/10  Hidden track..cool vibe, shows Quik can produce contemporary shit 9/10

Brilliant Album, DJ Quik got another one. One of the greatest in MUSIC history .

Next ? The Morning After or 304 Posse album "The Recipe" .

I'll will be back later with info .
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 12:24:59 PM by Mr. Theo »

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

Chef_YRD

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2017, 12:32:58 PM »
I agree with everything you said in your review bro...it's crazy how he continues to amaze with his production no matter how much of a hand he had in "move something" being that it's not his signature sound you can still feel his presence on it and the thought that it's a very new school sounding track with Zapp samples is incredible...bad azz is the best song he's made in a while from the talkbox to the instrumental and how it faintly rides out during the last 2 verses on a posse-ish cut it reminds me of "I can feel that" by mausberg off of non-fiction...just some other minor notes suga free delivered on his feature huh? One of his best verses in a while...being biased the whole album has to be either a 9.5/10 or a solid 10/10...

Mr. Theo

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2017, 01:11:02 PM »
Rosecrans the Album was completed in June 2016 .

Quik is working hard on music since last July.

DJ Quik promised new music with AMG,2nd II None and Hi-C . But they don't featured on Rosecrans.

Is the Recipe on the way ? Is it a 304 Posse / Skanless posse album ?

We got that incredible track "The Recipe" track with him and Hi-C .

We got Quik featuring 2nd II None premiered on KDAY in the beginning of 2016 "Senhorita"

We got Quik with MC Eiht,Suga Free and Domino "Ladies Nite" track played on KDAY this January.

We got a track posted on TeeFlii instagram ..TeeFlii sings the chorus..later Quik added 2nd II None,Hi-C and AMG verses in this song ( SEE UNCLE DAVE FOREMAN IG )

DJ Quik recently worked on new possible tracks with the legend Greg Phillinganes .

Quik is working with Uncle Chucc and 2 others bassists on Fresher Than Me ( that old track with Suga Free and Jon B )

All these tracks are party/women oriented tracks..is that The Recipe, the long awaited Skanless Posse LP ?

let's see !!

« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 01:57:19 PM by Mr. Theo »

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF