Author Topic: DJ Quik & Problem - Rosecrans (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 12668 times)

milkyway09

Re: DJ Quik & Problem - Rosecrans (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2018, 06:51:51 PM »
I thought it was historically relevant for the West Coast at least, if not hip hop in general, for him to have those collaborations with Eiht on the album. Even more reason to release this on CD so I can really bump it like it should be bumped, it’s honestly frustrating to not be able to buy this album on CD. The first track, Central Ave was short but sweet. The other track withFree on it was dope, an instantly catchy instrumental to it. The Rosecrans LP to me was a classic, it took the already solid EP (the first two tracks were fire on that) and created a whole record that was really satisfying. Im hoping against hope that it’ll get pressed up on cd. I actually heard at one point that it might get released on vinyl. If anyone can figure out what’s going on with Diamond Lane id love to hear

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Elko.

« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2018, 07:13:10 PM »
Quik aka Gangsta of love

You all forgot Quik and MC Eiht were beffin heavily ( Check it out on youtube)

So I'm intrested in your thoughts about Eiht sung

Who are you talking to?

Literally no one has forgotten about Quik/Eiht's beef so I don't know where you're comment comes from.

milkyway09

« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2018, 09:39:04 PM »
Is anyone aware of any releases (any genre) that were supposed to be digital exclusive and then later came out on physical release??

SuperSpider

« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2018, 04:40:44 AM »
Might be a stupid question, but as someone who doesn't care about CDs I've wondered about this for many years and am genuinely curious.....what's the big deal with the CDs? Can't you just rip the digital release and slap it on a disk and get it over with? I'd understand if it was a vinyl with a collector's value, but a CD?

milkyway09

« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2018, 12:17:42 PM »
For me at least, I like having the whole package physically if I can. I’ve bought a few albums digitally and then still bought the disc like Compton and Rosecrans EP. there’s a few I bought that weren’t good enough to rebuy though. But Rosecrans was one of the best albums in a while and the official disc of the EP definitely sounds better than my ripped CDr of the digital LP. So I’d love to be able to buy the full album on disc for the collection

The following users thanked this post: SuperSpider

Blood$

« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2018, 01:07:55 PM »
Might be a stupid question, but as someone who doesn't care about CDs I've wondered about this for many years and am genuinely curious.....what's the big deal with the CDs? Can't you just rip the digital release and slap it on a disk and get it over with? I'd understand if it was a vinyl with a collector's value, but a CD?

CDs always sound better than CDr unless you're burning .flac/.wav/etc. lol plus certain titles are valuable once they go out of print

The following users thanked this post: SuperSpider

milkyway09

« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2018, 04:36:06 PM »
I know that petitions rarely work, and it seems like a silly thing to create a petition for, but does anyone think it’d be worth it and would plenty of people on here actually have the interest in signing and buying it if it did come out hypothetically?

Sccit

« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2018, 09:42:29 PM »
I know that petitions rarely work, and it seems like a silly thing to create a petition for, but does anyone think it’d be worth it and would plenty of people on here actually have the interest in signing and buying it if it did come out hypothetically?

i’d sign it

Sccit

« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2018, 09:43:41 PM »

cds sound better and also hold collector value as well

never bought a digital release in my life and never even planning to

Sccit

« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2018, 09:44:33 PM »
Is anyone aware of any releases (any genre) that were supposed to be digital exclusive and then later came out on physical release??

i duno but i know the only digital only releases that pissed me off was this one and the warren g/nate dogg ep

milkyway09

« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2018, 11:34:47 PM »
https://www.gopetition.com/petitions/rosecrans-for-compton.html

OK here it is, please sign the petition if you want to see Rosecrans LP maybe hit CD one day, and hopefully get some money donated to the city of Compton in the process! If the moderators want a separate thread for this petition then that’s cool

Sccit

« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2018, 11:41:56 PM »
https://www.gopetition.com/petitions/rosecrans-for-compton.html

OK here it is, please sign the petition if you want to see Rosecrans LP maybe hit CD one day, and hopefully get some money donated to the city of Compton in the process! If the moderators want a separate thread for this petition then that’s cool

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=330645.0

SPREAD THE WORD FOLKS

Space RockStar SkyStalker Machine

« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2018, 01:18:46 AM »
Quik aka Gangsta of love

You all forgot Quik and MC Eiht were beffin heavily ( Check it out on youtube)

So I'm intrested in your thoughts about Eiht sung

Who are you talking to?

Literally no one has forgotten about Quik/Eiht's beef so I don't know where you're comment comes from.

Hey Elko, you have your head so far up your ass it isn't even funny Brett
I'm tryna mix in with crowd, nd you stick out like a sore thumb