Author Topic: Holy Fuck! Whodini is fuckin dope! O.G.'s of so many sounds and bitten styles  (Read 454 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Was bumping those classic Whodini mid-80's albums this week... (now that nearly everything is free and leaked to youtube, it makes diggin into the past and legacies all the more easier)...

Like that one sound that really catches your ear in a track like "If I Ruled the World" from Nas is actually a Whodini sound... I mean there is sometimes that one sound in a rap song that really lifts a track from good to great... they were the originators of those sounds and styles.. the producers of those early Nas albums like Illmatic were clearly all influenced by Whodini--I even caught sounds used by N.W.A. "Dopeman" on there....

Never had the oppurtunity to really get loose and high to Whodini, but I can imagine what the fuck Pac was rappin about when he said, "Whodini had me puffin on that Boodah gettin buzzed" cause their music does remind one the feeling you'd get from a good drug trip
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Suga Foot

"I'm a Ho" was used for Dre's unreleased "Ho Hopper" too.  They had an album in 1996 on so so def that Jermaine Dupri prodcued.  It was pretty cool too