Author Topic: THE CLIPPERS REMAIN THE CLIPPERS  (Read 1897 times)

Sccit

THE CLIPPERS REMAIN THE CLIPPERS
« on: April 30, 2017, 04:17:13 PM »
The Clippers Remain The Clippers

BY FTESWL
POSTED ON APRIL 30, 2017

It was all a dream.

Just 5 years ago, the Los Angeles Clippers were seemingly in prime position to take over the NBA. With a peaking Chris Paul, a budding star in Blake Griffin, and a monster rim-protector in Deandre Jordan, the arrow was pointing all the way up. Fast forward to today, the team has failed to pass the 2nd round of the western conference playoffs, and just lost to a lower-seeded Utah Jazz in the first round. With this loss, they are the 1st team in NBA history to blow a series lead in five consecutive post seasons.

Granted, they have been hit by the injury bug year after year, this excuse simply ran its course. Yes, Blake Griffin sustained an injury to his big toe in Game 3 at Utah, and yes, it kept him out for the remainder of the playoffs. But did that really make a difference? The Clippers were not going anywhere, either way. If anything, this was merely an excuse to keep the team together for one more year. Then point fingers at the injury, all while claiming it as the reason their potential never reached its ceiling.

Fact of the matter is, Doc Rivers is a terrible coach, and an even worse GM. If not for him riding the big three in Boston to a title, Rivers would have been out the league long ago. He has literally done worse in every year he has coached the Clippers, starting with 57 wins in 2014, to 56 in 2015, then 53 in 2016, and finally, all the way down to a mediocre 51 wins in 2017.

While Coach Rivers has failed to build on his early success with the team, GM Rivers has done even worse, by not building the roster or surrounding the big three with the proper talent needed to improve. Truth be told, if not for his reputation, Rivers would have been fired long ago. At the very least, he would have been replaced as the teams GM by someone with a proven track record. The guy simply has no clue what he is doing. I knew the Clippers would lose game 7 vs. the Jazz as soon as I saw him celebrating the game 6 victory like they had just won a championship. Embarrassing.

It pretty much seems like the Clippers had us fooled. They are who we remember them as, JV status. A team that came full circle and ended up right back where they started; headed nowhere…fast. The term “wasted potential”, which was once synonymous with the Clipper franchise, has subtly stuck with the cursed organization through all the promise.

In reality, they need to blow it up ASAP. With Blake Griffin and Chris Paul having a player option for 2017-2018, Deandre Jordan is the only player signed through next season. If the Clippers organization had any sense, they would have gotten something back in a trade for Blake Griffin and Chris Paul back when they still could. More than likely, one of the two players will be leaving this summer, and probably even both. Why stay on a team headed nowhere when your prime years are coming to an end?

If Chris Paul wants a chance at a ring, he would be wise to sign with a team like the Spurs, where he could replace the aging Tony Parker.

If Blake Griffin wants a chance to resurrect his career, he would be wise to go ANYWHERE ELSE.

The only issue here is that Blake Griffin and Chris Paul literally begged Deandre Jordan to stick around back when he had a verbal agreement to bolt to Dallas in the summer of 2015. They claimed “loyalty” as the reason he should stay in Los Angeles and help them contend for a title. They promised to get him more involved in the offense. It worked, and Deandre Jordan snubbed Dallas to stick with his teammates. What seemed like a feel good story of camaraderie at the time was probably nothing more than a broken promise in the making.

It was all good just yesterday. The Clippers were covering up Laker banners in Staples Center, contending in the western conference, claiming their stake as “the new team in Los Angeles”. Their fans came out of hiding, the seats started filling up, and Los Angeles had a team in which the contrarians could finally feel safe rooting for. And all that noise for what? Nothing! It’s now the Los Angeles Lakers who got their arrow pointing up, preparing to take back whats been rightfully theirs, and keep little brother, once again, at arms length.

As for the Clippers? Lord knows…

Maybe move back to San Diego? They could use you down there.

ON POINT .. LAKESHOW, WE GOT ALL THE ENERGY

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: THE CLIPPERS REMAIN THE CLIPPERS
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 05:09:18 PM »
It's hard to blame the current Clippers. It's really the landscape of the NBA today. Forget the Cavs because it's a different conference, but let's say the Warriors weren't as dominate as they; like dominate to the point I wouldn't be shocked if they beat the Cavs in 5 games this year & they were about as good a the Rockets.

For an example let's just call the Warriors "Rockets II". You tell me the Western conference reads as Spurs, Rockets, "Rockets II", Utah & Russ? Now give me the Clippers at full strength. That's a crapshoot to me every single year. Wouldn't shock me outside of Russ if any of those teams made it to the Finals if that's how the conference looked. Utah is a good team. I would give them a shot against San Antonio. They'd be underdogs, but it wouldn't blow me away if Utah could hang in a 7 game series with them this year.

So long explanation short. It's hard to say the obviously move is to blow up the Clippers when at full strength, in a more balanced league, they're as good as anyone in the West. Tough breaks & bad beats over the years. & for the last three years, it hasn't even been fair.

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 05:46:30 PM »
It's hard to blame the current Clippers. It's really the landscape of the NBA today. Forget the Cavs because it's a different conference, but let's say the Warriors weren't as dominate as they; like dominate to the point I wouldn't be shocked if they beat the Cavs in 5 games this year & they were about as good a the Rockets.

For an example let's just call the Warriors "Rockets II". You tell me the Western conference reads as Spurs, Rockets, "Rockets II", Utah & Russ? Now give me the Clippers at full strength. That's a crapshoot to me every single year. Wouldn't shock me outside of Russ if any of those teams made it to the Finals if that's how the conference looked. Utah is a good team. I would give them a shot against San Antonio. They'd be underdogs, but it wouldn't blow me away if Utah could hang in a 7 game series with them this year.

So long explanation short. It's hard to say the obviously move is to blow up the Clippers when at full strength, in a more balanced league, they're as good as anyone in the West. Tough breaks & bad beats over the years. & for the last three years, it hasn't even been fair.

FORGET THE WARRIORS..CLIPPERS, EVEN AT FULL STRENGTH, STAND NO CHANCE AGAIN SPURS AND ROCKETS..THE INJURY SHIT IS NOT AN EXCUSE. GOBERT WAS INJURED FOR JUST AS MANY GAMES AS BLAKE. NOBODY LIKES PLAYING WITH CHRIS PAUL.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 05:48:31 AM »
Fuck the Clippers and their fans.  Glad they fell apart.  Now my Facebook feed is back to my friends' baby's pictures and people crying about Trump.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 03:18:48 PM »

FORGET THE WARRIORS..CLIPPERS, EVEN AT FULL STRENGTH, STAND NO CHANCE AGAIN SPURS AND ROCKETS..THE INJURY SHIT IS NOT AN EXCUSE. GOBERT WAS INJURED FOR JUST AS MANY GAMES AS BLAKE. NOBODY LIKES PLAYING WITH CHRIS PAUL.

Na, they could compete with them. That's how the NBA should be. Like a 5 year stretch should be like "Spurs, Spurs, Clippers, Spurs, Rockets" & that would happen if they top was 5x times better than those teams.

The league is way too top heavy where 27 teams don't have a chance from the preseason. The Clippers at full strength vs. teams pre-2010 would of been a championship contender. Bias aside probably would've beaten the shit out of those Laker teams & most of the league. Nothing even against those Kobe teams. That was the best roster in the league besides the Celtics during that three year period, but today's Clippers would ride on them.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 10:12:49 AM »
It depends on what you mean by "championship contender."  Personally I don't view today's Clippers as being real contenders (assuming you meant that they had a decent chance at making it to the finals) in 2010 or earlier either.

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2017, 12:56:58 PM »

Na, they could compete with them. That's how the NBA should be. Like a 5 year stretch should be like "Spurs, Spurs, Clippers, Spurs, Rockets" & that would happen if they top was 5x times better than those teams.

The league is way too top heavy where 27 teams don't have a chance from the preseason. The Clippers at full strength vs. teams pre-2010 would of been a championship contender. Bias aside probably would've beaten the shit out of those Laker teams & most of the league. Nothing even against those Kobe teams. That was the best roster in the league besides the Celtics during that three year period, but today's Clippers would ride on them.

lmfao

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2017, 12:58:54 PM »
It depends on what you mean by "championship contender."  Personally I don't view today's Clippers as being real contenders (assuming you meant that they had a decent chance at making it to the finals) in 2010 or earlier either.

he said they would ride on the 2010 lakers lmfao .. the same team that couldn't beat the jazz and lost a 3-1 lead to the rockets that was barely makin playoffs. at this point, he will say anything.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2017, 08:50:13 PM »
I'll admit that the Western Conference has been more competitive within itself over the past several years than it has been for a while -- just look at the season records and compare them to the East's -- but it's not like it was lacking on competition from 2010 and earlier.

I hate to make this analogy since I'm a UCLA football fan, but I feel like the Lakers and Clippers over the past few years are like USC and UCLA in football over the past few years.  UCLA football has always had a lot of talent under the current Jim Mora regime, they always seem to fall short of expectations, especially when UCLA fans as well as the media tend to think they'll do pretty well.  Going into last season (which obviously ended in disaster for UCLA, but that's what happens when your starting quarterback goes down early in the season and your backup isn't serviceable), a lot of ESPN writers picked UCLA to win the Pac-12 South (and I remember one even picked them as making the playoffs).  Same thing with a lot of the previous seasons.  In 2014, Brett Hundley was touted as being a Heisman candidate and controlled their own destiny but lost to a 6-5 Stanford team.  At home.  And also to a mediocre Utah team earlier in the season.  And they haven't been in the Pac-12 championship since Mora's first year.  Meanwhile, prior to USC winning this past Rose Bowl, perhaps they weren't doing better than UCLA was, but they still have all those previous national championships.  Just like how the Lakers fans (myself included) can always fall back on the Lakers' championship banners.

And that's how I feel about the Clippers.  Lots of talent, definitely more than the current Lakers, but they ALWAYS fall short for some reason, and don't even get the chance to taste a win of of high stakes.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2017, 08:11:28 PM »
Clippers were still a lot more exciting than the Lakers this year

who knows what happens in the off season but Steve Balmer has all that Microsoft $$$

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2017, 09:24:07 PM »
Clippers were still a lot more exciting than the Lakers this year

who knows what happens in the off season but Steve Balmer has all that Microsoft $$$

I rather watch Ingram and d-russ developing over cp3 and blake digressing.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2017, 05:07:52 PM »

he said they would ride on the 2010 lakers lmfao .. the same team that couldn't beat the jazz and lost a 3-1 lead to the rockets that was barely makin playoffs. at this point, he will say anything.

You can switch subjects to the 2010 Lakers vs the 2017 Clippers; that's not the point. That's not what you originally posted about. My fault for bringing your emotions into this trying to make a comparison.

Fact still remains, the full strength 2017 Clippers would of been a force pre-2010 & you want to blow them up because the two teams at the top are fifteen miles better than them & 27 other teams on top of that. It would be like saying we might as well blow up the Wizards core because they can't compete with the Cavs. Las Vegas is the all-telling. No bias, no lame opinions. The Clippers at full strength are never significant underdogs in any game; why blow up that consistency? Would trading Rivers, JJ & Crawford for Melo have made them better? Pursing KD harder last offseason? Yeah, no shit. But that's the only way the Clippers (or any team right there) is competing. Not restarting, but finding that piece. Look at your old posts, half of your wishes was landing a top free agent. That's all the Clippers are away & they still probably couldn't beat the Warriors.

If the Lakers ever lost the Blake Griffin equivalent, I'd hear excuses from April to tip off in October.

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 05:10:21 PM »

You can switch subjects to the 2010 Lakers vs the 2017 Clippers; that's not the point. That's not what you originally posted about. My fault for bringing your emotions into this trying to make a comparison.

Fact still remains, the full strength 2017 Clippers would of been a force pre-2010 & you want to blow them up because the two teams at the top are fifteen miles better than them & 27 other teams on top of that. It would be like saying we might as well blow up the Wizards core because they can't compete with the Cavs. Las Vegas is the all-telling. No bias, no lame opinions. The Clippers at full strength are never significant underdogs in any game; why blow up that consistency? Would trading Rivers, JJ & Crawford for Melo have made them better? Pursing KD harder last offseason? Yeah, no shit. But that's the only way the Clippers (or any team right there) is competing. Not restarting, but finding that piece. Look at your old posts, half of your wishes was landing a top free agent. That's all the Clippers are away & they still probably couldn't beat the Warriors.

If the Lakers ever lost the Blake Griffin equivalent, I'd hear excuses from April to tip off in October.

the 2017 clippers woulda been swept by the melo-billups nuggets .. stop that

face it.. theyre weak. they are a melo away from even contending to be a contender