Author Topic: Dame Grease's "Live On Lenox Ave." The Album (Nas/DMX/Scarface/Noreaga/Drag-On)  (Read 1199 times)

Okka

Blood$

I've never heard it but would be interested in a link, seen a few promo singles from it in record shops around my way

Okka

I haven't heard it either, except the Nas song, which is dope. Would love to hear the rest.

Marco

I've never heard it but would be interested in a link, seen a few promo singles from it in record shops around my way

Live On Lenox (320kbps)
http://www79.zippyshare.com/v/l5NMcC5A/file.html
West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection

The following users thanked this post: Okka, Blood$

doggfather

Live On Lenox (320kbps)
http://www79.zippyshare.com/v/l5NMcC5A/file.html

thx
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Okka

Thank you, Marco! I'll check this out in the weekend.

mrkmaidog

This is a real solid/underrated album. All of the guests shined (yes even Silkk) and the production was top notch from Dame Grease, the man behind the majority of "It's Dark & Hell is Hot." I can't believe this album was slept on. Priority didnt push it. Has alot of underrated classics/bangers. Buy this album, you can get it for cheap off amazon.
I give it a solid 4 outta 5. If you love that ruff ryders 98-2000 sound, then this up your alley. You'll hear how Swizz bit Grease's style in the beats.

Okka

I hope DMX gets back with Dame Grease and PK on the next album. Swizz is dope too though and X always gets his best beats. "Bane Iz Back" was one of his worst beats though, i hope that song don't make the album.

Okka

This is a real solid/underrated album. All of the guests shined (yes even Silkk) and the production was top notch from Dame Grease, the man behind the majority of "It's Dark & Hell is Hot." I can't believe this album was slept on. Priority didnt push it. Has alot of underrated classics/bangers. Buy this album, you can get it for cheap off amazon.
I give it a solid 4 outta 5. If you love that ruff ryders 98-2000 sound, then this up your alley. You'll hear how Swizz bit Grease's style in the beats.

Yeah, some of the beats on this compilation kind of sound like they were done by Swizz. According to Wikipedia, Dame was his mentor. I always thought that Ruff Ryders chose Swizz  over Dame Grease and that's why Swizz became the main producer, but it was actually Dame's decision not to become a producer for them, which is a shame because he's very talented and would've made their albums better with his beats for sure. His best work is on "It's Dark And Hell Is Hot" though, the instrumentals on this compilation don't even come close to those beats. The standout tracks are "The Future", ""Nigga Haters", "La Da Di La La La", "Wanna Play Rough?" and "The Truth" after the first listen. I'ma give this one another spin later.