Author Topic: Stay Tuned..DJ Quik and Suga Free will send you to "Planet Capricorn"  (Read 2879 times)

Mr. Theo

DJ Quik working on a album with Suga Free .

It's titled Planet Capricorn (both are born in January).

Ice Cube confirmed on the album.

Quik featured on last night episode of J Rocc's "Adventures in Stereo" on 90.7 KPFK Los Angeles radio.

He also plays rehearsal bootlegs (just like Prince), a new 80eight track produced by Quik himself and a Michael Jackson "Heartbreak Hotel" Remix made by him and Greg Phillinganes, also Quik spoke about mastering, he wants to be the new Brian Big Bass Gardner..

Listen to full show on this link:

http://archive.kpfk.org/

CLICK ON THE "ALL SHOWS" TOPIC...CHOOSE THE SHOW "ADVENTURES IN STEREO W/ J. ROCC"..SUNDAY APRIL 30 EPISODE.

It's classic

ENJOY THIS FUNKY RIDE!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 02:29:57 PM by Mr. Theo »

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

The following users thanked this post: Matty, Marco

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
Great news, but what about Street Gospel 2?

And then the stuff he's supposed to be doing with Hi-C, AMG, and 2nd II None?  And his next solo?

I try not to get hopes up too high because I don't know if any of this stuff will ever see the light of day.  Quik usually doesn't flood the market with his stuff, but he sure has quite a bit in the works lately.  Can't imagine all of this actually dropping in a timely manner, hope I'm wrong.  I just wanna hear Suga Free over some more Quik production.  I liked his song from the Rosecrans album. 

Jay Wallace

Quik is doing a Suga Free album.  Does it really matter if they don't call it "Street Gospel 2"?

Mr. Theo

Quik is doing a Suga Free album.  Does it really matter if they don't call it "Street Gospel 2"?

Isn't a Suga Free album.

Planet Capricorn is a collabo album.

Forget about Street Gospel 2, too much pressure to make a part 2.

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

BIGWORM

About time! thx for the info.

Smoke

i can't play the show (too much windows on that website)
anyone can record the dj quik moments during the show? Like the songs :)

Jay Wallace

Isn't a Suga Free album.

Planet Capricorn is a collabo album.

Forget about Street Gospel 2, too much pressure to make a part 2.
Collabo album?  Even better.  I don't care much for album sequels anyway.  Very rarely do they get the right vibe.

Chef_YRD

i can't play the show (too much windows on that website)
anyone can record the dj quik moments during the show? Like the songs :)

Can this happen? I don't have the time to skim through it all
"Colder than dolemite 3 o'clock on a North Pole night In a suit made outta hoe hair woven tight rolling Pluto rocks turned to dice"

"I'm like a dream forgotten by van gough you allergic to handsoap,plus you dome dudes by the van load,wouldn't give you a jacket at lambeau"

Don Seer

As a fellow Capricorn I'm down for this ish! :)

Blood$

bring it on  8)

dnjp4life

Looking forward to this album, I have no doubt it will be greatness.

drunkenfool

• Lil Geezy

Chef_YRD

uploaded the episode to soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/k40oz/adventures-in-stereo-w-j-roccsunday-april-30-episode

The 80eight track is at the 1 hour and 46 minute mark for those interested ✊🏼
"Colder than dolemite 3 o'clock on a North Pole night In a suit made outta hoe hair woven tight rolling Pluto rocks turned to dice"

"I'm like a dream forgotten by van gough you allergic to handsoap,plus you dome dudes by the van load,wouldn't give you a jacket at lambeau"

Sccit

classic in the makin

Matty

good looking!

i'll take any new quik, gonna listen to the show.