Author Topic: Countdown to Canelo-GGG  (Read 5097 times)

Sccit

Re: Countdown to Canelo-GGG
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2017, 11:00:52 PM »
GGG KNOCKOUT IN 9TH

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2017, 09:23:33 PM »
GGG got robbed

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2017, 09:30:48 AM »
Yeah, that was a clear win to me.  But it could've been worse, at least it didn't end up being a loss (like Pacquiao-Bradley I or Pacquiao-Horn), that would've been shameful.  Like he said, he still has his belts and is still the champion.

Oscar is the real winner, that rematch is going to make even more money.  I just hope they don't hold out until Cinco de Mayo weekend next year, because that's a long wait.

Sccit

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2017, 10:27:03 AM »
Yeah, that was a clear win to me.  But it could've been worse, at least it didn't end up being a loss (like Pacquiao-Bradley I or Pacquiao-Horn), that would've been shameful.  Like he said, he still has his belts and is still the champion.

Oscar is the real winner, that rematch is going to make even more money.  I just hope they don't hold out until Cinco de Mayo weekend next year, because that's a long wait.

yea but he was robbed of winning canelos belt and the vacant one as well

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2017, 12:35:30 PM »
Same idiotic bitch who went 118-110 Canelo had Canelo in the split decision vs. Mayweather. Clearly biased or bought. Fucking shameful boxing has a fight that good get robbed.

They probably wanted this to be pushed back so badly because Floyd & Mayweather stole the summer. Three weeks prior, probably turned a lot of casual fans off from buying it. They'll just repackage it for next May. Gross.

GGG, no argument.

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2017, 12:54:43 PM »
Same idiotic bitch who went 118-110 Canelo had Canelo in the split decision vs. Mayweather. Clearly biased or bought. Fucking shameful boxing has a fight that good get robbed.

They probably wanted this to be pushed back so badly because Floyd & Mayweather stole the summer. Three weeks prior, probably turned a lot of casual fans off from buying it. They'll just repackage it for next May. Gross.

GGG, no argument.

prolly works wit golden boy, she does all their fights

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2017, 08:33:08 PM »
Floyd vs. Canelo was a majority decision (Floyd-Floyd-Draw), not a split.  None of the judges had Canelo.

It wasn't the same woman though.  You're thinking of C. J. Ross, she scored Mayweather-Alvarez as a draw and prior to that was one of the two judges who scored Pacquiao-Bradley I in Bradley's favor.

You mean Floyd and McGregor.  But yeah, I had no idea that fight was going to be as massive as it was, but that just goes to show how well they sold that fight.  I don't think the official numbers ever came out but all of the estimates look like it broke the Mayweather-Pacquiao record.

Contrasting to that, I feel like outside of the core fanbase, Canelo-GGG wasn't talked about nearly as much as I thought it would be.  And while Canelo is popular and will always bring in the Mexican fanbase, these days you still need some sort of backstory and entertainment.  Canelo basically speaks no English, and GGG can have conversations in English just fine but it's dry.  I remember watching him on the Breakfast Club on Power 105.1 and just being completely bored the whole time.

So both fights kind of went the opposite of how I thought they would, in terms of PPV success and media attention.  I'm sure Canelo-GGG still did well and made good money (remember that Canelo's guaranteed purse was $5 million while GGG's was $3 million, with both getting a cut of the back end) but I'm not sure if it did 2 million PPV buys.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2017, 10:11:45 AM »
Floyd vs. Canelo was a majority decision (Floyd-Floyd-Draw), not a split.  None of the judges had Canelo.

It wasn't the same woman though.  You're thinking of C. J. Ross, she scored Mayweather-Alvarez as a draw and prior to that was one of the two judges who scored Pacquiao-Bradley I in Bradley's favor.

You right.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2017, 10:29:47 AM »
Ironically the numbers came in within the last day.

Mayweather-McGregor did 4.4 million — definitely a lot and a huge success, but just shy of matching Mayweather-Pacquiao but a bit behind what the initial estimates were, like Dana White saying it did 6 million which seemed way too high.

Canelo-GGG did 1.3 million — still really good, and everyone there made some good money.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2017, 03:28:04 PM »
Wonder if the bullshit ending helps or hurts the sequel.

By the way, this great year of boxing isn't over. Lomachenko/Rigo is a great fight.

Still upset about Ortiz fucking up the Wilder fight.

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2017, 09:00:12 PM »

By the way, this great year of boxing isn't over. Lomachenko/Rigo is a great fight.

clearly helps as every1 wana see a winner

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2017, 09:15:10 PM »

clearly helps as every1 wana see a winner

Would be one thing if it was a clear draw. The controversial ending could turn people away.

People thinking "the fuck I watching this for? What I see isn't going to be judged the way it's actually happening".

Sccit

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2018, 09:38:56 PM »
I THOUGHT PART 2 WAS A LEGIT DRAW

FAR LESS OF A ROBBERY THAN THE FIRST FIGHT THO

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2018, 02:59:43 PM »
Should have been a draw. That was a joke to give GGG the L. Especially after the way the first fight went down.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit