Author Topic: Suga Free's Filthy Classic Street Gospel Influences Everyone From Kendrick to YG  (Read 1402 times)

dnjp4life

Street Gospel is a personal classic of mine, and I'm sure many others on here. 
Suga Free raps some of the most entertaining verses over some of DJ Quik's greatest production of his career, and damn does it bang in the speakers  8)

Mr. Theo

Street Gospel is the official soundtrack to ride thru L.A Streets in the late night .

So many gems in this .

I Copped the CD straight from AMOEBA last December .

More classic yet
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 08:13:02 AM by Mr. Theo »

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

Jay Wallace

Amoeba is my spot when I go out to LA.  Love that place.

Blood$

yeah I went to the Amoeba in San Francisco, easily the best CD selection I've ever seen

I just found Street Gospel on my last Ohio trip and was actually thinking the same thing when I bumped it this past weekend, you can hear the influence in most if not all solid to classic west coast releases that have dropped in the past decade

Dogg Ly Dogg

I agree with everyone with Ameoba and this album being a classic! But the rest of Suga Free's catalog is also dope!
The New Testament is probably a Top 5 best albums of 2004 imo!
And all his albums were dope Just Add Water, Smell My Fingers, the collab with Pimpin Yiung, the Konnectid Project, the Hi Power Pimpin etc

Sccit

Amoeba is my spot when I go out to LA.  Love that place.

amoebas dope .. u should peep cd trader too

Sccit

I agree with everyone with Ameoba and this album being a classic! But the rest of Suga Free's catalog is also dope!
And all his albums were dope Just Add Water, Smell My Fingers, the collab with Pimpin Yiung, the Konnectid Project, the Hi Power Pimpin etc

just add water prolly his second best

Chef_YRD

just add water prolly his second best

Call me crazy but smell my finger might be IMO maybe not as far as production but lyrically he was on point that whole album
"Colder than dolemite 3 o'clock on a North Pole night In a suit made outta hoe hair woven tight rolling Pluto rocks turned to dice"

"I'm like a dream forgotten by van gough you allergic to handsoap,plus you dome dudes by the van load,wouldn't give you a jacket at lambeau"