Author Topic: Diddy Is Named Hip-Hop’s Wealthiest Artist — Again  (Read 578 times)

2Relevant

Diddy Is Named Hip-Hop’s Wealthiest Artist — Again
« on: May 10, 2017, 11:12:28 AM »

Every year, Forbes releases a list of the five wealthiest artists in hip-hop. Diddy, JAY Z, Dr. Dre and Birdman are often in the mix of who is worth the most, with Drake recently thrown in the mix, too. All five were on 2016’s list of the wealthiest people in hip-hop. And wouldn’t you know it? All five are on 2017’s list, too.

With Puffy sitting on top with $820 million in assets, according to Forbes, JAY Z doesn’t sit far behind with $810 million, an increase from $610 million in 2016, thanks in large part to a $200 million investment from Sprint into TiDAL, which helped skyrocket the valuation for the streaming service.

Dr. Dre lands at No. 3 with $740 million — an increase of $30 million from last year, which Forbes credits to “savvy investments.” Birdman remains at the same valuation from last year — $110 million.

Coming in at No. 5 is Drake, who inched closer to Birdman’s spot being worth $90 million, up from $60 million last year.

That’s a lot of money between five people. Good for them.

dnjp4life

Re: Diddy Is Named Hip-Hop’s Wealthiest Artist — Again
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 01:02:40 PM »
There's a huge gap between the wealth of Dre, Diddy and Jay-Z and the other two. I wonder if any other rapper will ever reach those heights. 
Eminem could easily be on the list if he didn't just purely rap.

2Relevant

Re: Diddy Is Named Hip-Hop’s Wealthiest Artist — Again
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 02:17:46 PM »
There's a huge gap between the wealth of Dre, Diddy and Jay-Z and the other two. I wonder if any other rapper will ever reach those heights. 
Eminem could easily be on the list if he didn't just purely rap.

only people you will ever see on a list like this is artist who owns his/hers own record label and artist
i will like to see some kind of list for just artist for example rapper who made the most money for just music