Author Topic: Snoop Dogg - Neva Left (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 10697 times)

Blood$

Re: Snoop Dogg - Neva Left (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2017, 12:07:54 PM »
so snoop callin this a solo album .. more proof that smokefest is a solo too

nah lol go to Snoop's IG where he actually just posted a video of ALL his real albums, Smokefest is nowhere in sight

just saw it .. he missed doggumdntary and reincarnated too

you must not have saw what I saw because both of those albums were included

Smokefest, Dead Man Walkin', and More Malice were not

stop lyin

aiight, he missed Doggumentary... Reincarnated pretty much doesn't count anyway since it wasn't under 'Dogg" lol still I'm right about those other joints not qualifying

Blood$

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2017, 12:15:47 PM »

nah lol go to Snoop's IG where he actually just posted a video of ALL his real albums, Smokefest is nowhere in sight

i don't see it, post it here

and check

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snoop_Dogg_discography

as for this, Wiki has never been a credible source and everyone knows anyone can put whatever they want on there, I'd bet money you just added that in there too  ;D

Sccit

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2017, 04:35:50 PM »

and check

as for this, Wiki has never been a credible source and everyone knows anyone can put whatever they want on there, I'd bet money you just added that in there too  ;D

lol naah but u probably just took it out .. am i right? or someone on this forum who mad that they ain't got it in their collection. it's literally more of an album than "neva left".

Blood$

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2017, 05:23:09 PM »

and check

lol naah but u probably just took it out .. am i right? or someone on this forum who mad that they ain't got it in their collection. it's literally more of an album than "neva left".

lmao nah I didn't take it off, I would honestly admit it if it was me just being petty but that's hilarious

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

doggfather

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2017, 02:20:48 AM »
so, after 1st listen its better than coolaid, really liked it.

no hit, but no filler either.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

The following users thanked this post: OriginalVersion

OriginalVersion

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2017, 02:28:19 AM »

Same. For me, the closest thing he has to a hit is that track with October London and Big Mouth. Big Mouth goes hard in the headphones.
+++||ORIGINAL VERSION||+++

Okka

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2017, 04:43:53 AM »
Hell yeah. "Big Mouth" is one of my favorites from the album.

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2017, 07:26:01 AM »
Big mouth knocks

Go on would be a good single

And  'I'm still here' still my favourite.

Snoop is a natural, he can flow for days. His on the spot freestyle on the Pharmacy shows it comes to him naturally.

Still capable of dropping a really solid album, with the right coach and focus but I think he's past that stage now to care about all that and the rap game is not the same anymore.
Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!

red-one

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2017, 10:07:14 AM »

that's the definition of Tha Doggfather album (No Hit/No Filler)

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2017, 05:41:32 PM »
This is Snoop's best album in years.  Only drawbaccs for me are (as usual with Snoop albums) too many guest artists, and the Vapors remix sounds really out of place and unnecessary ("Well, you all know Nate Dogg, who sings on my records" -- the lyrics on this song really didn't age well for a 2017 album release).  And of course it would have been nice to get a Dre tracc since this is a throwbacc album, but I guess that's pretty much impossible these days.

Other than that, though, I love Snoop's energy and aggressive delivery on this joint, as if he were young again.  He sounds so awesome over production with deep, slinky baselines, clearly placed drums and synth melodic lines.  I just wish he would always make albums like this, because he obviously has it in him and it makes him sound his best.  It's weird that in 2017 he was motivated to go bacc to his original steez, but I certainly cherish it because it's so rare for him to do so.

Good job, Snoop.  Thanks for giving the fans what we actually wanted from you.  :D But can we get a hard copy release?  I'm not really a fan of buying albums off iTunes.  :-\
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Blood$

« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2017, 08:57:34 PM »
hard copies of Coolaid dropped like a week or two after the digital release so maybe that will be the case with this one

doggfather

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2017, 01:55:29 AM »
hard copies of Coolaid dropped like a week or two after the digital release so maybe that will be the case with this one

hope so!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2017, 02:53:18 PM »
This is Snoop's best album in years.  Only drawbaccs for me are (as usual with Snoop albums) too many guest artists, and the Vapors remix sounds really out of place and unnecessary ("Well, you all know Nate Dogg, who sings on my records" -- the lyrics on this song really didn't age well for a 2017 album release).  And of course it would have been nice to get a Dre tracc since this is a throwbacc album, but I guess that's pretty much impossible these days.

Other than that, though, I love Snoop's energy and aggressive delivery on this joint, as if he were young again.  He sounds so awesome over production with deep, slinky baselines, clearly placed drums and synth melodic lines.  I just wish he would always make albums like this, because he obviously has it in him and it makes him sound his best.  It's weird that in 2017 he was motivated to go bacc to his original steez, but I certainly cherish it because it's so rare for him to do so.

Good job, Snoop.  Thanks for giving the fans what we actually wanted from you.  :D But can we get a hard copy release?  I'm not really a fan of buying albums off iTunes.  :-\

Gave this another listen straight through with some time to sink in.  The abundance of guest artists doesn't bother me anymore.  I've basically come to the conclusion Snoop should've left off the Vapors remix and in a perfect world replaced Swivel with a Dre-produced tracc.  It would be a great album with these changes, imo.  It's still Snoop's best album since Blue Carpet, imo.  I loved Bush, but it's not a rap album -- kind of a side project like 7 Days of Funk and the Mac and Dev soundtracc.

It will be interesting where Snoop goes from here, probably bacc to something soft like that rumored gospel album.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

JeremyM

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2017, 08:09:08 AM »
Hard copies are available for pre-order on Amazon now. It drops on July 7th with a bonus track called "Transition," just as our man We Fly High on here reported.

https://www.amazon.com/Neva-Left-Snoop-Dogg/dp/B071WPLMQC/ref=sr_1_1_twi_aud_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1497193434&sr=1-1&keywords=neva+left

The following users thanked this post: Sccit, Marco

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2017, 12:18:57 PM »
Still bumping this and K.dot's album hard....been a good summer so far
Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!

The following users thanked this post: midwestryder