Author Topic: Sleepdank (Thizz Ent. OG) Responds to Ludacris' Mac Dre Diss  (Read 1093 times)

Sccit

Blood$

Re: Sleepdank (Thizz Ent. OG) Responds to Ludacris' Mac Dre Diss
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 08:38:11 PM »
Ludacris dissed Mac Dre? I clearly missed something here lol when and why?

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 10:55:16 PM »
Tonight's winning pub quiz question: which rapper inspired the over-familiar local rap CEO Ludacris finds lurking in the men's toilet in Get Back's video? Answer: Mac Dre, with the video being based on an actual IRL chance encounter between the 2 rappers at some point during 2004.

Allegedly, the story unfurls summat like this: Ludacris is in Oakland for a show and is taking a slash in the venue's backstage bathroom when a pilled-up Mac Dre approaches him outlining a plan for Playaz Circle to release an album on Thizz Entertainment, and an invitation for Luda to come to his studio to record a song together. Ludacris politely declines both offers, but is so bemused by Mac Dre's demeanour he decides to recreate an elaborated version of events in his next single's video, in which the director Spike Jonze hires Fatlip from The Pharcyde to impersonate Dre. Mac Dre doesn't even get an opportunity to give Ludacris the Little Bruce treatment as payback because Def Jam drops the Get Back video a mere 8 days after Dre's death in november 2004. To this very day, Mac Dre's close friends like PSD are still furious with Ludacris (though PSD had previous issues), and Luda can count himself very lucky he never found himself alone in a bathroom with Mac Minister (no George Michael.)

Who emerges from this unfortunate tale with the least dirt on their hands - Ludacris for poking fun an intoxicated Oakland underground legend trying to network with a bonafide star? Def Jam for releasing a video mocking a recently deceased rapper? Fatlip for metaphorically stabbing a fellow west coast rapper in the back? Or Mac Dre for not observing the proper etiquette when tryna discuss business in a public toilet?

http://themartorialist.blogspot.com/2017/04/ludathizz-when-ludacris-met-mac-dre_26.html?m=1

Blood$

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 05:39:03 PM »
LOL

sounds like reaching to me but you never know, could be some truth to that

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 07:00:45 PM »
LOL

u seen the video? fatlip is playin mac dre

Blood$

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 10:53:33 PM »
LOL

yeah I peeped it, the resemblance is kinda uncanny but still could just be coincidence lol

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 11:06:23 AM »
LOL

yeah I peeped it, the resemblance is kinda uncanny but still could just be coincidence lol

story is that mac dre ran into luda in a bathroom at a oakland show tryna sign playaz circle .. the video was shot before his death but released after