Author Topic: DURANT > LEBRON  (Read 4614 times)

Sccit

DURANT > LEBRON
« on: June 01, 2017, 10:29:13 PM »
MEDIA STILL GOT MOST YALL BY THE BALLS THO

Sccit

Re: DURANT > LEBRON
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 10:10:57 PM »
LEBRON SCARY, AS USUAL, PASSES THE MOST IMPORTANT SHOT OF THE GAME 2 KYLE KORVER WHILE BEIN GUARDED 1 ON 1

THEN GETS STRIPPED BY IGGY ON THE FINAL SHOT LMAO COOKIES

U CAN SEE KD DOESN'T FOLD IN THE MOMENT THO, IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE.

THIS IS THE FORK IN THE SPORTS SECTION.....CHAM AINT NEVER COMIN BACK AFTER THIS.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 11:46:44 AM »
To be honest, I think LeBron is playing his heart out. But this whole series got me thinking, what people forget is style of play. People are talking about the Warriors as if they are a Super Team, and I guess when you add KD to a 73 win team, yeah, it's a Super Team, but it's not a team of stars.

Okay, so looking in history, Showtime Lakers had a Super Team, Celtics had a Super Team, hell the 76ers had Dr. J, Charles Barkley, and their star was Moses Malone! in the 90's with rapid expansion the league became a two star to win league. You needed two stars, Bulls had Jordan/Pippen, Lakers had Kobe/Shaq, Jazz had Stockton/Malone, Rockets had Hakeem/Drexler or Maxwell, and so on. Some say the Celtics started the Super Team, but honestly all 3 stars were way pass their prime, then they added Shaq later and they really sucked because all were too old to win. They had one great year, that was it. So when LeBron in his prime joined the Heat, that changed basketball forever. Now FA's are using their power to create Super Teams. This is a very interesting time in the League.

So with that said, now KD joined the Warriors. The Warriors as a TEAM, are great. But they had one star, Steph Curry. They were not a team of stars, but a team built by the draft and put together to win. The last big FA signing before KD was Andre Iguodala, already past his prime and only averaging 13ppg the year before. The Warriors aren't great because they are collection of stars, like LeBron has put together. They are great because they are the right pieces that fit into a system that highlights all their strengths. LeBron is not getting beat by a Super Team, he's getting beat by a team, and he's never really learned to play within a team correctly.

I've said it before, LeBron, greatest pure athlete I've EVER seen play in the NBA, but man it feels like he's a wasted talent many times. And a lot of it is his own doing.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 12:59:43 PM »
I agree with that last part. It just seems like Lebron doesn't like to be THE guy, especially in those moments when the guy really needs to step up and take over the game, and only he can do it and no one else on the team. Damn near every superstar you mentioned had plenty of moments like that.

I think it's fine if Lebron wants to be more of a team player and a distributor, but to me that negatively impacts his claims toward being one of the greatest.

That's not to say Lebron doesn't contribute or play his heart out, but I feel like it's often times one of his teammates who saves the day with the basket that gets them the lead.

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 01:24:39 PM »
he's out the top 15 with this one

kevin durant in the 4th quarters: 31 points

lebron james in the 4th quarters: 11 points

let that marinate

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 01:43:41 PM »
Plus that Sports Center highlight footage of Curry (one of the most boring players to watch in my opinion) scoring on him probably fucked his ego up. Bad.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 07:19:41 AM »
I don't think LeBron goes out the top 15, BUT, he's sure as hell not in the top 5. When his career is done, I got him, at the HIGHEST, #8. And that's only because his career isn't done and he has time to move up. I don't have him officially at any point, but I know he's not moving above Kobe, Duncan, Jordan, Magic, Russell, Wilt and Kareem. He's in Dr. J, Baylor, West, Hakeem, Shaq level. He fits in there.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 11:24:29 AM by M Dogg™ »

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 11:14:48 AM »
what's the over/under on cham never logging on again

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 11:40:51 AM »

I go -300 odds he never logs on again, but I'll reduce it to -100 if the Cavs win at least one game.

Because he is. Almost everyone already acknowledges that unless you're someone who either hates him for Kobe/Jordan surpassing reasons or you hated his move to Miami & still haven't forgiven that.

Anyone who tolerates him already knows that. Stats, the eye test & everything else already shows it; unless he doesn't play to his level for the next 4-5 years.

It's just those biased view that need to see the light.

do u think he's worse, better, or as good as dr. j?

First of all, he retired when you were born, bruh. So don't act like you know.

Secondly, rings clearly indicate LeBron is better undoubtedly (Don't even mention the ABA). ;)

He did (damn, I was hoping to be seen as really old, but I can't lie, Dr. J retired when I was a little baby). But I will say this, looking at whole games and seeing the NBA from then, Dr. J was heads and shoulders above everyone else in terms of what he can do on the court. The man could fly.

As for titles. Hey, Dr. J was the man. He went to the NBA Finals many times. But right now, if their careers ended tomorrow, I'd place Dr. J and LeBron as equals.

I think LeBron may go a little ove Dr. J, but I still stand by he's on the same level as Dr. J.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 11:41:44 AM »
I don't think LeBron goes out the top 15, BUT, he's sure as hell not in the top 5. When his career is done, I got him, at the HIGHEST, #8. And that's only because his career isn't done and he has time to move up. I don't have him officially at any point, but I know he's not moving above Kobe, Duncan, Jordan, Magic, Russell, Wilt and Kareem. He's in Dr. J, Baylor, West, Hakeem, Shaq level. He fits in there.
Yeah I can agree with that. I was talking to my brother a few weeks back, and while we both seem to agree that Lebron is a better basketball player than Kobe, Lebron doesn't have that greatness about him that we consider just as much as, if not more than, stats.  I don't care that he has the most playoff points ever - yes, it's an achievement, but when you consider that he has less rings than a lot of guys he passed up, it means that they weren't winning as much as they should've.

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2017, 12:40:47 PM »

I go -300 odds he never logs on again, but I'll reduce it to -100 if the Cavs win at least one game.

Because he is. Almost everyone already acknowledges that unless you're someone who either hates him for Kobe/Jordan surpassing reasons or you hated his move to Miami & still haven't forgiven that.

Anyone who tolerates him already knows that. Stats, the eye test & everything else already shows it; unless he doesn't play to his level for the next 4-5 years.

It's just those biased view that need to see the light.

do u think he's worse, better, or as good as dr. j?

First of all, he retired when you were born, bruh. So don't act like you know.

Secondly, rings clearly indicate LeBron is better undoubtedly (Don't even mention the ABA). ;)

He did (damn, I was hoping to be seen as really old, but I can't lie, Dr. J retired when I was a little baby). But I will say this, looking at whole games and seeing the NBA from then, Dr. J was heads and shoulders above everyone else in terms of what he can do on the court. The man could fly.

As for titles. Hey, Dr. J was the man. He went to the NBA Finals many times. But right now, if their careers ended tomorrow, I'd place Dr. J and LeBron as equals.

I think LeBron may go a little ove Dr. J, but I still stand by he's on the same level as Dr. J.

dr j woulda won 4 straight wit that superteam in miami .. and no way he gettin swept wit love and kyrie.

dexter

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2017, 12:56:11 PM »
james is better

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2017, 04:37:38 PM »

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2017, 12:32:44 AM »

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2017, 04:22:55 AM »
NIK is just butt hurt that Durant and LeBron and both considered better than Kobe now

Kobe is becoming a distant memory.