Author Topic: DURANT > LEBRON  (Read 4610 times)

Sccit

Re: DURANT > LEBRON
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2017, 01:35:12 PM »
I'll gladly keep Kobe ahead of Lebron, but he's not interchangeable at goat. No way, no how. And what relevance does Kobe being big in China have to do with anything? Do you think Biggie fans will change their minds about who they think is better because Pac is huge in Africa and with all the Euro wiggers?

i'm sayin media has brainwashed america into thinking mj is the definitive goat.. u can make a case for kareem, magic, kobe wit ease. but once colorado happened that died wit the quickness, kobe lost his media love, his endorsements, and his preferential treatment by the league .. witout the cp3 veto, kobe wins at least another 2 more. also, let's not forget that kobe won wit much less than jordan won with in 09 and 10...at his peak, kobe was a more complete offensive threat. the biggest difference, tho, is career paths... kobe spent a good portion of his prime playing on bum squads .. u give him pippen for the duration of his prime, and i say he'd have a minimum of 7-8 rings.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2017, 11:39:55 AM »
i'm sayin media has brainwashed america into thinking mj is the definitive goat.. u can make a case for kareem, magic, kobe wit ease. but once colorado happened that died wit the quickness, kobe lost his media love, his endorsements, and his preferential treatment by the league
I don't buy that, not at all.  Yes, the allegations hurt him for a little bit, but at the end of the day, it really did get swept under the rug, then it was business as usual, so it's not a valid excuse since he did not end his career like that.  Kobe kept his Nike endorsement and still ended up winning a couple more championships, so you're exaggerating the effect it had.  When was the last time the media ever mentioned it?  I can't think of it ever being brought up in the past decade, unless it's a tiny sentence in a longer piece giving the rundown of his entire life.

witout the cp3 veto, kobe wins at least another 2 more. also, let's not forget that kobe won wit much less than jordan won with in 09 and 10...at his peak, kobe was a more complete offensive threat. the biggest difference, tho, is career paths... kobe spent a good portion of his prime playing on bum squads .. u give him pippen for the duration of his prime, and i say he'd have a minimum of 7-8 rings.
I agree that the CP3 veto hurt, but I don't know about him winning "at least another 2 more."  But bum squads?  I don't think so.  When he won, he had good teams.  Yeah, Jordan had Pippen, but Pippen was good but not dominant at his position.  If Jordan had Shaq, it would have been a different story.

Sccit

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2017, 12:09:51 PM »
i'm sayin media has brainwashed america into thinking mj is the definitive goat.. u can make a case for kareem, magic, kobe wit ease. but once colorado happened that died wit the quickness, kobe lost his media love, his endorsements, and his preferential treatment by the league
I don't buy that, not at all.  Yes, the allegations hurt him for a little bit, but at the end of the day, it really did get swept under the rug, then it was business as usual, so it's not a valid excuse since he did not end his career like that.  Kobe kept his Nike endorsement and still ended up winning a couple more championships, so you're exaggerating the effect it had.  When was the last time the media ever mentioned it?  I can't think of it ever being brought up in the past decade, unless it's a tiny sentence in a longer piece giving the rundown of his entire life.

witout the cp3 veto, kobe wins at least another 2 more. also, let's not forget that kobe won wit much less than jordan won with in 09 and 10...at his peak, kobe was a more complete offensive threat. the biggest difference, tho, is career paths... kobe spent a good portion of his prime playing on bum squads .. u give him pippen for the duration of his prime, and i say he'd have a minimum of 7-8 rings.
I agree that the CP3 veto hurt, but I don't know about him winning "at least another 2 more."  But bum squads?  I don't think so.  When he won, he had good teams.  Yeah, Jordan had Pippen, but Pippen was good but not dominant at his position.  If Jordan had Shaq, it would have been a different story.

lol if u haven't noticed the anti-kobe narrative in the media throughout the second half of his career with all the hateful undertones from the general journalist, i duno what to tell u. it's deeper than u think, white folks generally don't like when u fuck one of theirs .. and when rape is shouted, forget about it.

difference is, kobe did play on bum squads too in the midst of his prime, while jordan never did..pippen was never dominant at his position? what r u smokin.. we talkin about a top 50 player all time and a shut down perimeter defender. there was a time when some considered pippen the second best player in the league behind mj .. mj and shaq woulda never gotten along, because jordan needed some1 who was ok taking a back seat. kobe was fine with sacrificing his game in order to win.. shaq and mj ego woulda never allowed for either of them to defer. pippen was the perfect compliment to mj. kobe never had a player like that on the perimeter, but rather spent some of his best years with smush, kwame, and luke starting next to him.

career paths.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 12:11:34 PM by Sccit »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2017, 10:09:12 AM »
I will say, had Colorado not happened, Kobe gets those 2 MVP's that Nash got, easily. Especially the 2005 one, the year he scored 81 points and averaged 35ppg. Only 2 players since the 60's averaged 35ppg, Jordan and Kobe. One of those years Jordan won MVP, Kobe did not. Colorado and the perception that Kobe chased off Shaq made Kobe highly unfavorable to the media and that cost him MVP votes. If we are talking about 5 titles and 3 MVP's, with Kobe, then the conversation changes about Kobe's rank. I still don't put him over Jordan, but he's over LeBron.

Sccit

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2017, 11:34:10 AM »
I will say, had Colorado not happened, Kobe gets those 2 MVP's that Nash got, easily. Especially the 2005 one, the year he scored 81 points and averaged 35ppg. Only 2 players since the 60's averaged 35ppg, Jordan and Kobe. One of those years Jordan won MVP, Kobe did not. Colorado and the perception that Kobe chased off Shaq made Kobe highly unfavorable to the media and that cost him MVP votes. If we are talking about 5 titles and 3 MVP's, with Kobe, then the conversation changes about Kobe's rank. I still don't put him over Jordan, but he's over LeBron.

plus cp3 veto never happens=more titles=consensus goat

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2017, 08:03:55 AM »

plus cp3 veto never happens=more titles=consensus goat

Trying to get that Kobe number, 1 over Jordan.