Author Topic: 33-12-10....on 56%  (Read 2285 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: 33-12-10....on 56%
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2017, 04:29:40 PM »
I looked at the wrong stat for 3 point %. It was his 4 years in Miami, my b.

& lmao @ pretty much saying "MJ & Kobe were jacking 3 pointers while double teamed". Great argument. ::)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2017, 04:46:10 PM »
Face the reality of the sheer hatred of LeBron, Finals record has never been a thing. I remember after Kobe won his 4th title he was 4-2 & the only conversation was "if he gets to 6, is he better than MJ?". There was no reference of losing. MJ has & will likely have more accolades, but a simple unbiased eye test shows the better all around basketball player. You can give MJ the "heart of a warrior" accolade lol.
But Kobe still won another one after that.  But he didn't get to six, and the conversation was never brought up after that.  Again, even if he got to six, it wouldn't mean that he matched or surpassed Jordan in terms of greatness, it just brings up the conversation and invites the debate.  In this day and age, I don't expect people to go undefeated in championship appearances to consider them in contention for being the greatest, but just have a favorable record at least.  Look at Tom Brady, him going 5-2 in the Super Bowl plays a huge role in that discussion.  Change that to 4-3, and it weakens the argument a lot.

Again, stats are great because they are objective, but they don't mean as much as you want them to.  And personally when those kinds of stats are brought up, unless it's brought up to debunk false information, if it's all that's being mentioned, it's what losers bring up.  Yes, Lebron averaging a triple-double through the finals is an amazing stat.  But in the end, does that matter that much?  Do you think he would have been fine not average a triple-double if it meant that he made some changes to his game that would have resulted in the Cavs winning?  I would think so.  I'm sure Westbrook is thrilled with having set the record for triple-doubles during the season, but I don't think he finds a lot of comfort in that after losing to the Rockets, just like how the Warriors' 73-9 season last year lost a lot of relevance after they didn't win.

Your top argument is Finals record...a stat.

You bottom argument says stats don't matter lol. You just happened to say Finals record is the "all telling stat", which is idiotic lol. You can't control the league & who is in it. Nobody was beating this years Warriors team. He wasn't beating the Spurs in '07. The Mavericks was embarrassing, I'll admit that, but last year was more impressive than anything Kobe did on the back of Shaq or MJ not winning until everyone in the league was old & he had the best roster in the league.

Again, you're saying making the Finals is a strike against him. That's dumb. So 3-0 & loses to the Pistons in '07, loses to Derrick Rose in 2011, or the Raptors in 2015? The Indiana Pacers knock him out in the first round this year...we're applauding that? That would help his legacy is what you're telling me. Some people get lucky in life. The Warriors don't team up like this, he wins this year, probably next year & that changes the course of his legacy. So if you factor in that luck of your competition around you, all you have is stats. People used stats up until he made his 7th straight Finals. Because we only exclude the stats he owns everyone else in. It's actually insane to me his haters have stooped to the point they disregard averaging a triple double for an entire Finals on 56% shooting. Like it shows he's been so absurdly dominate to levels we've never seen before that averaging that for a series "isn't special". It's almost the norm. Wild.

But it's alright, you guys did this. Now if the Warriors stay together & win 5 straight they're gonna question is KD is better than MJ. & only a moron would say KD is better than Kobe, let alone LeBron & MJ. Steph becomes the greatest point guard of all-time. Then you guys will change up your act & make a new argument where rings don't matter anymore lol. You'll go back to "what's his career shooting percentage?" lmao. It's so corny.

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2017, 05:16:01 PM »
Face the reality of the sheer hatred of LeBron, Finals record has never been a thing. I remember after Kobe won his 4th title he was 4-2 & the only conversation was "if he gets to 6, is he better than MJ?". There was no reference of losing. MJ has & will likely have more accolades, but a simple unbiased eye test shows the better all around basketball player. You can give MJ the "heart of a warrior" accolade lol.
But Kobe still won another one after that.  But he didn't get to six, and the conversation was never brought up after that.  Again, even if he got to six, it wouldn't mean that he matched or surpassed Jordan in terms of greatness, it just brings up the conversation and invites the debate.  In this day and age, I don't expect people to go undefeated in championship appearances to consider them in contention for being the greatest, but just have a favorable record at least.  Look at Tom Brady, him going 5-2 in the Super Bowl plays a huge role in that discussion.  Change that to 4-3, and it weakens the argument a lot.

Again, stats are great because they are objective, but they don't mean as much as you want them to.  And personally when those kinds of stats are brought up, unless it's brought up to debunk false information, if it's all that's being mentioned, it's what losers bring up.  Yes, Lebron averaging a triple-double through the finals is an amazing stat.  But in the end, does that matter that much?  Do you think he would have been fine not average a triple-double if it meant that he made some changes to his game that would have resulted in the Cavs winning?  I would think so.  I'm sure Westbrook is thrilled with having set the record for triple-doubles during the season, but I don't think he finds a lot of comfort in that after losing to the Rockets, just like how the Warriors' 73-9 season last year lost a lot of relevance after they didn't win.

You bottom argument says stats don't matter lol. You just happened to say Finals record is the "all telling stat", which is idiotic lol. You can't control the league & who is in it. Nobody was beating this years Warriors team. He wasn't beating the Spurs in '07. The Mavericks was embarrassing, I'll admit that, but last year was more impressive than anything Kobe did on the back of Shaq or MJ not winning until everyone in the league was old & he had the best roster in the league.

Again, you're saying making the Finals is a strike against him. That's dumb. So 3-0 & loses to the Pistons in '07, loses to Derrick Rose in 2011, or the Raptors in 2015? The Indiana Pacers knock him out in the first round this year...we're applauding that? That would help his legacy is what you're telling me. Some people get lucky in life. The Warriors don't team up like this, he wins this year, probably next year & that changes the course of his legacy. So if you factor in that luck of your competition around you, all you have is stats. People used stats up until he made his 7th straight Finals. Because we only exclude the stats he owns everyone else in. It's actually insane to me his haters have stooped to the point they disregard averaging a triple double for an entire Finals on 56% shooting. Like it shows he's been so absurdly dominate to levels we've never seen before that averaging that for a series "isn't special". It's almost the norm. Wild.

But it's alright, you guys did this. Now if the Warriors stay together & win 5 straight they're gonna question is KD is better than MJ. & only a moron would say KD is better than Kobe, let alone LeBron & MJ. Steph becomes the greatest point guard of all-time. Then you guys will change up your act & make a new argument where rings don't matter anymore lol. You'll go back to "what's his career shooting percentage?" lmao. It's so corny.

what u don't understand is that getting to the finals means u have a team good enough to contend, but u simply can't play your best on the biggest stage. so yea, losing in the finals definitely counts against u, because u clearly have a team good enough to get there if u made it.. if ur truly a goat level player, ull find a way to close the deal. cavs are STACKED. no way kobe or mj are going into this series as underdogs. that the lechoke factor 100.

Sccit

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2017, 05:16:49 PM »
stop talking about his stats

Sccit

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2017, 05:17:46 PM »
I looked at the wrong stat for 3 point %. It was his 4 years in Miami, my b.

& lmao @ pretty much saying "MJ & Kobe were jacking 3 pointers while double teamed". Great argument. ::)

the point is that kobe and mj were guarded much harder on the perimeter, because they were way more lethal scorers and instilled fear from anywhere on the floor.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2017, 07:57:21 PM »

The problem is, you are picking and choosing the stats that fit your narrative. You ignore finals, yet you make a thread calling Lebron the goat because he averaged a triple double during the finals that he lost. I wasn't ignoring stats, I acknowledged that they are accomplishments and determine efficiency... but I just pointed out a more telling one. And even that stat alone doesn't tell the whole story. Even if KD wins five more, I'd still have a hard time considering him the goat because of the circumstances he had, of joining the dominant team at that time who he couldn't get past. So it's not Lebron hate at all.

What is the ultimate goal of anyone who makes it to the NBA? I guarantee it's not being the highest scorer or having the highest three point percentage or racking up triple doubles or never missing a free throw. But the smart money is on it being winning it all on the big stage, like sccit said.  73-9 didn't matter when the Warriors lost to the Cavs, just like the Patriots being 16-0 basically became irrelevant when they lost to the Giants in the Super Bowl.

At the end of the day, we all know Lebron is great and maybe the best athlete in basketball right now and maybe eve the best right now, period. Averaging a triple-double during the finals is an extraordinary achievement, but it's a distant second to being the driving force to winning the finals. The Cavs lost, and while basketball is a team sport, there's always a possibility that maybe if Lebron took over a game the way that the greats have done in some of the greatest games in NBA history, perhaps the outcome could have been different. Let's say he didn't average a triple-double but instead took it upon himself to shoot and score more. That may very well could have changed things, not just last week but in a number of previous finals where his team didn't leave with their heads high. Maybe that's why everyone else who has more championships never achieved that Lebron stat.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2017, 02:30:20 PM »
I think it's just silly when the competition is surreal compared to what MJ or Kobe saw.

Then on the flip side, he would get hammered if the GS died in a plane crash, he went to LA with PG, beat the Spurs in the WCF & then beat the Washington Wizards 4-0 because "Washington isn't good".

He either has to beat the greatest team of all-time, something neither Kobe or MJ did or the team he does beat "sucks".

Sccit

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2017, 07:03:29 PM »
I think it's just silly when the competition is surreal compared to what MJ or Kobe saw.

Then on the flip side, he would get hammered if the GS died in a plane crash, he went to LA with PG, beat the Spurs in the WCF & then beat the Washington Wizards 4-0 because "Washington isn't good".

He either has to beat the greatest team of all-time, something neither Kobe or MJ did or the team he does beat "sucks".

kobe saw t-mac, vince, ai, mj, wade, lebron, durant, melo, pippen, etc. etc.

nba is watered all the way down compared to what it was .. and if u talkin bout the warriors, big three celtics >>>> . games was ending in the 70's because of how excruciatingly intense that defense was.

stop posting bullshit because u like lebron's physique bruh.