Author Topic: XXL 2017 Freshman Class Revealed - Official Announcement  (Read 1233 times)

2Relevant

XXL 2017 Freshman Class Revealed - Official Announcement
« on: June 14, 2017, 03:23:50 PM »
smh this list gets worse every year  :(

XXL presents the 2017 XXL Freshman Class featuring Kyle, Aminé, Ugly God, Playboi Carti, PnB Rock, A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie, Madeintyo, Kap G, Kamaiyah and 10th Spot winner XXXTentacion.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: XXL 2017 Freshman Class Revealed - Official Announcement
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 04:54:56 PM »
It's crazy. I remember when I knew 3-4 songs from literally the entire list. I think it's because the underground/come up scene has been completely shut out to the mainstream side of it. You either gotta sound like a complete homo or a mumbling drug addict or you ain't gonna be pushed.

Go Youtube WESTSIDEGUNN or Conway & you'd be embarrassed how he sounds compared to the rest of this list. It's a damn shame; all these guys are part of today's gimmick & won't be here tomorrow.

The good old days lol.

2Relevant

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 07:24:09 PM »
It's crazy. I remember when I knew 3-4 songs from literally the entire list. I think it's because the underground/come up scene has been completely shut out to the mainstream side of it. You either gotta sound like a complete homo or a mumbling drug addict or you ain't gonna be pushed.

Go Youtube WESTSIDEGUNN or Conway & you'd be embarrassed how he sounds compared to the rest of this list. It's a damn shame; all these guys are part of today's gimmick & won't be here tomorrow.

The good old days lol.

sad the female was the only one who had real bars the rest trap clones and some singing ass autotune clones

Blood$

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 09:02:37 PM »
worst class ever

Lucifuge

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 10:39:33 PM »
worst class ever

Same talk every year  ;D
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

2Relevant

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 12:54:51 AM »
worst class ever

whats sad is if you see these artist videos on you tube they all have millions upon millions of views i even saw one with 140  million views  :(

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 02:49:50 AM »
I was thinking the same thing, it gets worse every year, I didnt think they couldnt do worse than Yatchy, Uzi Vert, 21 Savage and Kodak Black but they hit us with XXXTentacion, MadeinTYO, Playboi Carti, PNB Rock...
The only good one this year is Kamaiyah

SuperSpider

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 11:58:16 AM »
xxl have done a good job compiling all the industry garbage in the same place

Blood$

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 12:15:10 PM »
it would be justified (not really) if they at least included Mozzy but I think his "Dear XXL" track dissing mumble rappers might have got him snubbed lol 

2010 was hands down the best class ever, it's not even up for a debate

2Relevant

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2017, 04:42:24 PM »
it would be justified (not really) if they at least included Mozzy but I think his "Dear XXL" track dissing mumble rappers might have got him snubbed lol 

2010 was hands down the best class ever, it's not even up for a debate

would love to see a list and just compare them all from every year if it exist

DRGNBLZN

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2017, 02:11:22 PM »
It just drastically gets worse and worse every year. Savor what's here while you can.l

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2017, 04:16:31 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/U_IbIMUbh-k" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/U_IbIMUbh-k</a>

Remember last year when these dumbass thought they ran a dope cypher lmfaoooooo.

I'm convinced on my theory that the older heads in the spotlight (or formerly) allow the game to sound progressively more & more embarrassing to make them sounds better. Almost like the girl who is a 7 who surrounds themselves with 3-4's & the 7 looks like a 9.

Like remember when everyone said "Wayne killed Hip Hop"? Go back & listen to Wayne after Carter II, when everyone said he fell off. It sounds classic now compared to this lmao.

Blood$

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2017, 05:59:50 PM »
Like remember when everyone said "Wayne killed Hip Hop"? Go back & listen to Wayne after Carter II, when everyone said he fell off. It sounds classic now compared to this lmao.

money... back then I wouldn't say I hated on Wayne but I always said he was massively over-rated, but yup I've said exactly that to a couple of my friends when we discuss the climate today in rap