Author Topic: Lakers/Celtics 30 for 30: Best Of Enemies  (Read 1449 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Lakers/Celtics 30 for 30: Best Of Enemies
« on: June 14, 2017, 04:44:23 PM »
Watched last night, about to watch the next half in about 20 minutes. It was solid.

Seems like last night they showed the Celtics dominance & tonight they'll show Magic after 84 dominating. Which is kind of boring since you know the outcome & how hard it will be biased pro Laker lol. I was personally more interested in the 60's part of it.

I'm sure they'll touch on 08-10 at the end too.

Entertainment value of it relies on what kind of unknown or unpopular footage they can throw in. IE - I didn't know there was a huge rift in the Lakers locker room because Magic & Buss were banging broads together at nightclubs.

Sccit

Re: Lakers/Celtics 30 for 30: Best Of Enemies
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 11:35:00 AM »
I've seen enough of these to know I won't learn anything, but 30 for 30 is great...I seen the first two parts and they was on point.

didn't catch part 3, but I heard they didn't really delve into 08-10 smh

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 04:46:46 PM »

Not at all. Literally mentioned that the series happened in like one sentence.

If I learned anything, I would say in all honesty, Magic was kinda overrated to a degree (just considering he's considered like top 3). Like I can comfortably say Shaq had the individual best 3 year run as a Laker, but career wise, Kobe is hands down the best Laker ever. Tragic choked the '84 Finals away & then how much they really relied/needed Kareem & Worthy. Magic couldn't have won without them.

Also I never really researched it, but they just mentioned like "yeah, the Lakers somehow got the #1 pick & got a guy named James Worthy" & then the same with Celtics how they got Len Bias (or the opportunity to draft him.

Can you imagine the flack LeBron's career would get if in a week they say "yeah, LeBron worked a deal & landed the 3rd overall pick for Kyle Korver & the 31st pick".

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 06:51:21 PM »

If I learned anything, I would say in all honesty, Magic was kinda overrated to a degree (just considering he's considered like top 3). Like I can comfortably say Shaq had the individual best 3 year run as a Laker, but career wise, Kobe is hands down the best Laker ever. Tragic choked the '84 Finals away & then how much they really relied/needed Kareem & Worthy. Magic couldn't have won without them.

Also I never really researched it, but they just mentioned like "yeah, the Lakers somehow got the #1 pick & got a guy named James Worthy" & then the same with Celtics how they got Len Bias (or the opportunity to draft him.

Can you imagine the flack LeBron's career would get if in a week they say "yeah, LeBron worked a deal & landed the 3rd overall pick for Kyle Korver & the 31st pick".

how does lebron come up in everything with u? you are one special guy, my friend.

magic was underrated, if anything...he had to retire wit some prime years still left in the tank. dont forget, lakers woulda won in 91 if not for a james worthy injury that changed the complexion of the series. magic is arguably to goat....the way he ran the fast break will never be matched. period.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 04:52:19 PM »

how does lebron come up in everything with u? you are one special guy, my friend.

magic was underrated, if anything...he had to retire wit some prime years still left in the tank. dont forget, lakers woulda won in 91 if not for a james worthy injury that changed the complexion of the series. magic is arguably to goat....the way he ran the fast break will never be matched. period.

You can't even deny it though. It's true.

Underrated? He's regarded as the 3rd-4th best player ever lol. If anything this documentary showed me Larry would of owned the 80's ala MJ in the 90's if they Lakers don't land Worthy.

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 05:12:14 PM »

Underrated? He's regarded as the 3rd-4th best player ever lol. If anything this documentary showed me Larry would of owned the 80's ala MJ in the 90's if they Lakers don't land Worthy.

we won before worthy .. fall back. magic is arguable as the goat. anyone who doesn't have him on their mr. rushmore don't know the game.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 08:02:01 PM »

That's a dumb argument, Worthy was a draft pick. You could say that about any team who landed a good first round pick who contributed right away. And they won the year before, so yeah...