Author Topic: Gonzoe bitter over not being mentioned in the 2Pac movie  (Read 2581 times)

Blood$

Gonzoe bitter over not being mentioned in the 2Pac movie
« on: June 16, 2017, 11:28:40 AM »

:P

Jay Wallace

Re: Gonzoe bitter over not being mentioned in the 2Pac movie
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 01:35:53 PM »
Doesn't sound like he's mad about not being mentioned.  Sounds like he's mad because that movie was garbage.

Blood$

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 04:26:13 PM »
Doesn't sound like he's mad about not being mentioned.  Sounds like he's mad because that movie was garbage.

if Gonzoe's name was even mentioned one time I bet he would be singing a whole different tune, ever since the Wack 100 situation he's just been craving attention and piggy-backing off 2Pac's name

50 Cent is talking shit too but this is definitely way better than Get Rich Or Die Trying and nowhere near as hollywood lol plus 50 is salty that a producer who fucks with Murder INC helped make the film and they also fought over the rights to make the BMF movie/show

Okka

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 04:49:26 PM »
When did LT Hutton fuck with Murder Inc? He produced a couple of tracks for Ashanti, but i think that's it.

Jay Wallace

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 06:13:28 PM »
50 Cent is talking shit too but this is definitely way better than Get Rich Or Die Trying 

I'll have to disagree.  All Eyez was so disappointing to me.  It was basically a made-for-cable movie.  Pac deserved better. 

Blood$

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 06:18:58 PM »
When did LT Hutton fuck with Murder Inc? He produced a couple of tracks for Ashanti, but i think that's it.

she was Murder INC, anybody down with them = enemy to 50 and he's that petty to the point even a decade later anybody that's friends with them is his enemy too lol

I did notice too in the Breakfast Club interview LT's energy shifted when they brought up 50 getting the rights to the BMF story for his TV show, also ironic how Bleu Davinci is in All Eyez On Me  :laugh:

50 Cent is talking shit too but this is definitely way better than Get Rich Or Die Trying 

I'll have to disagree.  All Eyez was so disappointing to me.  It was basically a made-for-cable movie.  Pac deserved better. 

cable movie is a stretch but I'll admit I did expect a little more, at the same time I took it for what it was and I think overall they still did a good job, I'm sure once it comes out on DVD there will be a longer director's cut like every other movie that drops... in terms of the story-line and sticking to the facts it trumps Get Rich Or Die Trying, Notorious, and Straight Outta Compton unquestionably

smp4life

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 08:13:55 PM »
Gonzoe did songs with pac right? Still he'd be crazy to think he'd be mentioned. Spice 1 would get mentioned before the whole dogg pound 2nd draft.

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2017, 08:28:59 PM »
gonzoe is pretty weird

Jay Wallace

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2017, 09:40:17 PM »
cable movie is a stretch but I'll admit I did expect a little more, at the same time I took it for what it was and I think overall they still did a good job, I'm sure once it comes out on DVD there will be a longer director's cut like every other movie that drops... in terms of the story-line and sticking to the facts it trumps Get Rich Or Die Trying, Notorious, and Straight Outta Compton unquestionably
Get Rich or Die Trying should not even be considered part of the conversation.  That falls in line with something like 8-Mile.  They aren't biopics, they are fictional films loosely based on the lives of their stars.  You may think cable movie is a stretch but given the strength of how cable films are produced, these days, I don't. I think both this and Notorious have cable movie production values.  Straight Outta Compton has a lot of the same script problems as the other two but they hired an accomplished director and spent their money in all the right places. 

Sticking to facts is almost a moot point when you're not using them to enhance the narrative of the movie.  All Eyez is the worst offender to this in terms of not having a cohesive vision.  We know Dre wasn't the hard ass who stood up to Suge in the Death Row offices in "Straight Outta Compton" but for the purposes of the story, it's at least consistent with the direction they are going.  Movies (even documentaries) use creative license.  That's just the reality of the medium.  As long as they are consistent with the story they tell, I'm good. 

As far as sticking to facts, I don't exactly think All Eyez is the gold standard to be held to either.  Jada has already come out and said that nearly everything portrayed in the film about her and Pac's relationship was made up for the movie.  This would be fine if it played a bigger part in whatever they were going for but I never quite understood it myself.  It feels like the only reason they put her in the movie is because it's a fun coincidence that two kids who met each other in art school as nobodies end up becoming two of the biggest stars in the entertainment industry.  Their relationship doesn't drive the film.  She's essentially there because she was famous.  Pac's relationship with Dre is another fabricated holdover from Straight Outta Compton.  They were business acquaintances who created a hit song together and then had a bitter falling out.  This movie makes it seem like Dre left and Tupac didn't even know about it.  In reality, he was the mouthpiece for Suge during Dre's departure.  The events surrounding the sexual assault case and trial also great differ from the public testimonies of both Pac and his accuser. 

If people are looking for a good film about Pac, go with Tupac: Resurrection.  It cuts out all the melodrama with actors stopping to mug for the camera in the middle of chaotic poverty, violence, and/or injustice to give these contrived Oscar clips as if the real people thought there was a historical stenographer hiding behind them with a typewriter.  Resurrection shows the importance of Pac and lets him speak in his own words.  This movie, by comparison, was made by people who either didn’t understand what made Tupac unique or weren't willing to battle to get those aspects up on the screen.

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2017, 03:00:11 AM »
To me, "Tupac : Resurection" will always be the best 2PAC biopic.
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2017, 05:14:43 AM »

That movie was so excellent, a really well done and put together testament to 2Pac in his own words, no less. Very impressive stuff.

Sccit

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2017, 09:27:11 AM »

wasnt that a documentary? not a biopic

Blood$

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2017, 09:33:32 AM »
Get Rich or Die Trying should not even be considered part of the conversation.  That falls in line with something like 8-Mile.  They aren't biopics, they are fictional films loosely based on the lives of their stars.  You may think cable movie is a stretch but given the strength of how cable films are produced, these days, I don't. I think both this and Notorious have cable movie production values.  Straight Outta Compton has a lot of the same script problems as the other two but they hired an accomplished director and spent their money in all the right places. 

Sticking to facts is almost a moot point when you're not using them to enhance the narrative of the movie.  All Eyez is the worst offender to this in terms of not having a cohesive vision.  We know Dre wasn't the hard ass who stood up to Suge in the Death Row offices in "Straight Outta Compton" but for the purposes of the story, it's at least consistent with the direction they are going.  Movies (even documentaries) use creative license.  That's just the reality of the medium.  As long as they are consistent with the story they tell, I'm good. 

As far as sticking to facts, I don't exactly think All Eyez is the gold standard to be held to either.  Jada has already come out and said that nearly everything portrayed in the film about her and Pac's relationship was made up for the movie.  This would be fine if it played a bigger part in whatever they were going for but I never quite understood it myself.  It feels like the only reason they put her in the movie is because it's a fun coincidence that two kids who met each other in art school as nobodies end up becoming two of the biggest stars in the entertainment industry.  Their relationship doesn't drive the film.  She's essentially there because she was famous.  Pac's relationship with Dre is another fabricated holdover from Straight Outta Compton.  They were business acquaintances who created a hit song together and then had a bitter falling out.  This movie makes it seem like Dre left and Tupac didn't even know about it.  In reality, he was the mouthpiece for Suge during Dre's departure.  The events surrounding the sexual assault case and trial also great differ from the public testimonies of both Pac and his accuser. 

If people are looking for a good film about Pac, go with Tupac: Resurrection.  It cuts out all the melodrama with actors stopping to mug for the camera in the middle of chaotic poverty, violence, and/or injustice to give these contrived Oscar clips as if the real people thought there was a historical stenographer hiding behind them with a typewriter.  Resurrection shows the importance of Pac and lets him speak in his own words.  This movie, by comparison, was made by people who either didn’t understand what made Tupac unique or weren't willing to battle to get those aspects up on the screen.

I only mentioned 50 because he's the one who is all of a sudden the expert movie critic and it's ironic he would criticize the 2Pac movie but take a look at this (which he had a hand in producing)  :laugh:

to each their own, you didn't enjoy the movie for what it was and I did, but you can't compare a biopic to a documentary though

sidenote:

« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 09:37:31 AM by Blood$ »

Jay Wallace

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2017, 10:06:28 AM »
I only mentioned 50 because he's the one who is all of a sudden the expert movie critic and it's ironic he would criticize the 2Pac movie

Couple things...

I don't think it suddenly makes him an expert movie critic.  He has an opinion like everybody else.

Why exactly is it ironic that he would criticize the Pac movie?

but take a look at this (which he had a hand in producing)  :laugh:

Take a look at what?  Not following you.

to each their own, you didn't enjoy the movie for what it was and I did
  That's fair enough on all counts but you have to take that energy with everything.

you can't compare a biopic to a documentary though

I'll concede to the fact that they are two drastically different means of filmmaking but it's less about comparing them on a level of which was better or worse as it explaining how in my view, there wasn't a necessity to have a Tupac biopic when there was already a perfectly well-made film to showcase his legacy.  It also works as a rebuff to those who make the argument that it is impossible to fit Pac's life/career into a two-hour movie. 

sidenote:

But okay, like we've been saying, everyone is entitled to their opinion.  With a movie like this, you get both sides of the extremes.  Is Game all of a sudden an "extreme movie critic" for saying this?  Are you going to try and use whatever films he produced or worked on to downsize his point or create an agenda for why he feels this way?  This is what I am getting at with your comments on 50 and Gonzoe.  They can HATE the movie without having to do with anything but not liking it.  The same way Game can LOVE the movie.  The problem I have is people don't want to acknowledge that and when someone says it's disappointing, it's suddenly like everyone has to have a field day with how wrong they are.  It's just an opinion.

The following users thanked this post: Blood$

Blood$

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2017, 03:33:06 PM »
take a look at his* (movie), and by that all I'm saying is 50 has no place to criticize the movie when it was better than his

typo, bruh