Author Topic: Nate Dogg G Funk Classics Question  (Read 4351 times)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
Re: Nate Dogg G Funk Classics Question
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2017, 03:00:35 PM »
So my theory is these cases of CDs never left the warehouses to be shipped and some people intercepted them or got early cases and hung on to them and sold them years later to collectors.  I've seen pictures of people over the years having cases and cases of them.
SORRY BUT UR THEORY IS BULL SHIT BRO ;) WHAT ABOUT WITH MAXI SINGLE FROM THIS ALBUM? THE SAME THEORY ;) ?

The maxi single was released in stores. I bought one when it came out. It was out about a month before the album was supposed to drop. Labels did that all the time back in the day. No point in buying a single for 3.99 if you could but the whole album for 13.99. No, the single was released first. Followed by the album. This happened all the time. The fact that the single was released proves nothing. 

You want some examples?  First single from EASkis album Earthquake came out, official album never dropped. Warren Gs group Tha 5 Footaz dropped the single for the heist with the song 5 foot city as well as 5 album snippets, album never dropped. King T had several singles from his Aftermath album that never dropped.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 03:02:23 PM by Soopafly DPGC »

Suga Foot

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2017, 05:00:12 PM »
Read the back of "G Funk Classics Vol 1"  Was it made in Canada?  As far as I know the album did hit shelves briefly in Canada.  All the hard copies I've ever seen were from Canada.  I have one still sealed.

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2017, 09:34:11 PM »
Read the back of "G Funk Classics Vol 1"  Was it made in Canada?  As far as I know the album did hit shelves briefly in Canada.  All the hard copies I've ever seen were from Canada.  I have one still sealed.

looks like the one posted in here is from canada

TEHA

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2017, 02:58:15 AM »
this is Yours theory only ;)  ,,You want some examples?  First single from EASkis album Earthquake came out, official album never dropped. Warren Gs group Tha 5 Footaz dropped the single for the heist with the song 5 foot city as well as 5 album snippets, album never dropped. King T had several singles from his Aftermath album that never dropped.'' i dont understand  what is this? examples for what? Nate single and album normally dropped

So my theory is these cases of CDs never left the warehouses to be shipped and some people intercepted them or got early cases and hung on to them and sold them years later to collectors.  I've seen pictures of people over the years having cases and cases of them.
SORRY BUT UR THEORY IS BULL SHIT BRO ;) WHAT ABOUT WITH MAXI SINGLE FROM THIS ALBUM? THE SAME THEORY ;) ?

The maxi single was released in stores. I bought one when it came out. It was out about a month before the album was supposed to drop. Labels did that all the time back in the day. No point in buying a single for 3.99 if you could but the whole album for 13.99. No, the single was released first. Followed by the album. This happened all the time. The fact that the single was released proves nothing. 

You want some examples?  First single from EASkis album Earthquake came out, official album never dropped. Warren Gs group Tha 5 Footaz dropped the single for the heist with the song 5 foot city as well as 5 album snippets, album never dropped. King T had several singles from his Aftermath album that never dropped.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2017, 06:52:55 AM »
I have the double album release of "G-Funk Classics vol. 1 & 2" with the cartoon drawing of Nate on the front (looks like a Joe Cool drawing).  Copped it circa the year 2000 at my local Circuit City here in New Jersey.  Never seen the single album release.  Thanks for those pics.  I think the release I have looks better, though, imo.  Plus the whole thing is banging with nearly two hours of dope Nate music from 1996 and 1998.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2017, 10:14:37 AM »
I have the double album release of "G-Funk Classics vol. 1 & 2" with the cartoon drawing of Nate on the front (looks like a Joe Cool drawing).  Copped it circa the year 2000 at my local Circuit City here in New Jersey.  Never seen the single album release.  Thanks for those pics.  I think the release I have looks better, though, imo.  Plus the whole thing is banging with nearly two hours of dope Nate music from 1996 and 1998.

The double album is nice.  I was always curious what the story was with the second disc of songs.  Were those songs that didn't make the cut to be on his original Death Row album?  They were obviously recorded while at Death Row, assuming he got his masters in the lawsuit.  They seem to have all been recorded around the same time. 

Sccit

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2017, 10:56:00 AM »

The double album is nice.  I was always curious what the story was with the second disc of songs.  Were those songs that didn't make the cut to be on his original Death Row album?  They were obviously recorded while at Death Row, assuming he got his masters in the lawsuit.  They seem to have all been recorded around the same time.

it was probably volume 2 .. death row released the first disc as volume 1. was probably holding them joints for his sophomore release.

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2017, 12:05:36 PM »
Can't forget both albums were also released as Ghetto Preacher and Prodigal Son too

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2017, 01:30:49 PM »

To me, some material from Volume Two was recorded after he left Death Row.
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

Mista Rosa

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2017, 07:12:56 AM »
Nate Dogg said in an interview that he left DR with a bit more than 20 songs ready to drop, since he did not want to waste any one by releasing a one disc album he recorded of couple of more tracks and dropped a double album.

I have no clue on which songs were recorded post DR era. Maybe at least the ones with his cousin Butch Cassidy and Nobody does it better prod by Warren G (since it was complicated for Warren to work for Death Row artists when he was affiliated with Def Jam) ? 
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Okka

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2017, 01:38:15 AM »
I have no clue on which songs were recorded post DR era. Maybe at least the ones with his cousin Butch Cassidy and Nobody does it better prod by Warren G (since it was complicated for Warren to work for Death Row artists when he was affiliated with Def Jam)

Yeah, i think "Just Another Day" was a new song, but Nate and Butch was already workin' together when Nate was still on Death Row.

dnjp4life

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2017, 03:23:48 AM »
Yeah there's definitely some tracks that were recorded after Nate left Death Row Records on 'The Prodigal Son'. I would say the ones featuring and produced by Warren G, and probably the first track which seems like a diss of sorts to Death Row.  And of course the short little intro on the album is an unmistakeable parting shot at Death Row and the way it handled his music.

sms130

• 'G'
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2017, 03:07:25 PM »
From what I remember, the Nate Dogg "G-Funk Classic Vol. 1" was never released. Death Row had pressings made and ready to go but, the album was shelved and some of those copies made their way out later. It was supposed to be released around the time of the "Gridlock'd" soundtrack (January 1997). I'm not sure if it was a week after or before that release because the setup was similar to the way Death Row released "The 7 Day Theory" & "Tha Doggfather" back-to-back (a week a part). I would have to check and see if I still have it but, I had the Best Buy ad for the Nate Dogg "G-Funk Classic Vol. 1" release". "G-Funk Classic Vol. 1 & 2" were officially released in 1998. "G-Funk Classic Vol. 1" (Disc 1) was recorded while Nate was on Death Row Records. "G-Funk Classic Vol. 2" (Disc 2) was recorded after Nate Dogg had left Death Row. Riskie (who did the Makaveli cover) did the cover and artwork in the booklet of G-Funk Classic Vol. 1 & 2 (1998).

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2017, 05:25:19 PM »
From what I remember, the Nate Dogg "G-Funk Classic Vol. 1" was never released. Death Row had pressings made and ready to go but, the album was shelved and some of those copies made their way out later. It was supposed to be released around the time of the "Gridlock'd" soundtrack (January 1997). I'm not sure if it was a week after or before that release because the setup was similar to the way Death Row released "The 7 Day Theory" & "Tha Doggfather" back-to-back (a week a part). I would have to check and see if I still have it but, I had the Best Buy ad for the Nate Dogg "G-Funk Classic Vol. 1" release". "G-Funk Classic Vol. 1 & 2" were officially released in 1998. "G-Funk Classic Vol. 1" (Disc 1) was recorded while Nate was on Death Row Records. "G-Funk Classic Vol. 2" (Disc 2) was recorded after Nate Dogg had left Death Row. Riskie (who did the Makaveli cover) did the cover and artwork in the booklet of G-Funk Classic Vol. 1 & 2 (1998).

it was released in canada

The following users thanked this post: sms130

sms130

• 'G'
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2017, 05:47:09 PM »

it was released in canada

That doesn't surprised me. I just remember that it wasn't released in the US.