Author Topic: Nate Dogg G Funk Classics Question  (Read 3171 times)

Okka

Re: Nate Dogg G Funk Classics Question
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2017, 01:38:15 AM »
I have no clue on which songs were recorded post DR era. Maybe at least the ones with his cousin Butch Cassidy and Nobody does it better prod by Warren G (since it was complicated for Warren to work for Death Row artists when he was affiliated with Def Jam)

Yeah, i think "Just Another Day" was a new song, but Nate and Butch was already workin' together when Nate was still on Death Row.
<a href="http://www.dubcnn.com/swf/mp3playerDub.swf?id=2008/december/bad_azz-as_long_as_i_can-(dubcnn).mp3&amp;artwork=badazz-player.jpg&amp;auto=1? quality=?high? pluginspage=?http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer? type=?application/x-shockwave-flash? width=?323? height=?180?" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.dubcnn.com/swf/mp3playerDub.swf?id=2008/december/bad_azz-as_long_as_i_can-(dubcnn).mp3&amp;artwork=badazz-player.jpg&amp;auto=1? quality=?high? pluginspage=?http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer? type=?application/x-shockwave-flash? width=?323? height=?180?</a>

dnjp4life

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2017, 03:23:48 AM »
Yeah there's definitely some tracks that were recorded after Nate left Death Row Records on 'The Prodigal Son'. I would say the ones featuring and produced by Warren G, and probably the first track which seems like a diss of sorts to Death Row.  And of course the short little intro on the album is an unmistakeable parting shot at Death Row and the way it handled his music.

sms130

• 'G'
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2017, 03:07:25 PM »
From what I remember, the Nate Dogg "G-Funk Classic Vol. 1" was never released. Death Row had pressings made and ready to go but, the album was shelved and some of those copies made their way out later. It was supposed to be released around the time of the "Gridlock'd" soundtrack (January 1997). I'm not sure if it was a week after or before that release because the setup was similar to the way Death Row released "The 7 Day Theory" & "Tha Doggfather" back-to-back (a week a part). I would have to check and see if I still have it but, I had the Best Buy ad for the Nate Dogg "G-Funk Classic Vol. 1" release". "G-Funk Classic Vol. 1 & 2" were officially released in 1998. "G-Funk Classic Vol. 1" (Disc 1) was recorded while Nate was on Death Row Records. "G-Funk Classic Vol. 2" (Disc 2) was recorded after Nate Dogg had left Death Row. Riskie (who did the Makaveli cover) did the cover and artwork in the booklet of G-Funk Classic Vol. 1 & 2 (1998).

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2017, 05:25:19 PM »
From what I remember, the Nate Dogg "G-Funk Classic Vol. 1" was never released. Death Row had pressings made and ready to go but, the album was shelved and some of those copies made their way out later. It was supposed to be released around the time of the "Gridlock'd" soundtrack (January 1997). I'm not sure if it was a week after or before that release because the setup was similar to the way Death Row released "The 7 Day Theory" & "Tha Doggfather" back-to-back (a week a part). I would have to check and see if I still have it but, I had the Best Buy ad for the Nate Dogg "G-Funk Classic Vol. 1" release". "G-Funk Classic Vol. 1 & 2" were officially released in 1998. "G-Funk Classic Vol. 1" (Disc 1) was recorded while Nate was on Death Row Records. "G-Funk Classic Vol. 2" (Disc 2) was recorded after Nate Dogg had left Death Row. Riskie (who did the Makaveli cover) did the cover and artwork in the booklet of G-Funk Classic Vol. 1 & 2 (1998).

it was released in canada

The following users thanked this post: sms130

sms130

• 'G'
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2017, 05:47:09 PM »

it was released in canada

That doesn't surprised me. I just remember that it wasn't released in the US.