Author Topic: Dr. DRE - Gunfire  (Read 5006 times)

romson19

Dr. DRE - Gunfire
« on: July 10, 2017, 10:49:53 AM »
RIP Nate Dogg
RIP Nipsey Hussle
RIP Bad Azz

Sccit

Re: Dr. DRE - Gunfire
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 11:37:17 AM »
sounds like a compton leftover .. is there going to be a defiant ones soundtrack?

dj coma

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 12:51:45 PM »
sounds like a compton leftover .. is there going to be a defiant ones soundtrack?

Ya it very well could be a Compton leftover. Is that that Candice Pilay chick on the hook?

dameons

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 10:52:03 PM »
Garrrrrrrrbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggge

sofdark

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 12:47:14 AM »
Fuck this shit.

The Predator

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 03:29:52 AM »
Dr Dre releases new track Gunfire

Rapper shares a new track featured on HBO documentary series The Defiant Ones, and is reportedly collaborating with Eminem on new material

A new track by Dr Dre has been unveiled. Gunfire – also spelt Gunfiyah – is his first new material since Compton in 2015, and will feature in the fourth episode of the new HBO documentary series The Defiant Ones, which explores Dre and mogul Jimmy Iovine’s careers.

A stormy, triumphant track, Dre fires off his story of survival and success: “Who got a hit just like this? And got heart and rich like this?/ Never failed, 20 years and he still got grip like this,” he raps on the track

Premiered via his Beats 1 show, The Pharmacy, a representative for the rapper told Pitchfork that Dre does not plan to release the song. The episode it is featured on will air on 14 July, but is streaming now on HBO Go and HBO Now.

In 2014, the rapper made a record-breaking $3bn Beats By Dre deal with Apple, handing over his headphone business to the digital giant. In the intervening years he has been relatively quiet on the music front, Compton being Dre’s first solo album in 16 years.

According to an interview with The Defiant Ones’ director Allen Hughes, however, the rapper and producer is working on several new musical projects. As well as his own material and what appears to be a collaboration with J Cole, Dre is back in the studio with Eminem for the latter’s ninth studio album. Dre, who had a large role in launching Eminem’s career, produced his 1999 record The Real Slim Shady. The pair most recently worked together on the 2010 album Recovery.

“Right now he’s producing, in the 11th hour, a track for Eminem’s latest album,” Hughes revealed. “So Dre’s still real active in music, you know? It’s the truth.”

WestWestYA

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 06:15:43 AM »
Ugh this dre style is so annoying.

me1

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 06:45:58 AM »
Not heavy into the production but the verses and chorus are nice.

At this point I don't even want dre behind the mic. I want his production, end of story. And I think we'll get that from him til
The day he dies

Matty

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 07:02:43 PM »
nah this aint the one. having watched the documentary it makes more sense why detox never materialized and compton wasn't that great. these days dre seems kinda strained producing for himself.

sofdark

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 10:26:45 AM »
Apparently there is another Dr. Dre song called Snake Charmer that was on the credit at the end. Did anyone catch how this one sounded like?

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2017, 10:37:54 AM »
Stop rapping like that, Dre.  :grumpy:
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

Mr.(Ko)Kane

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2017, 05:05:03 PM »
Apparently there is another Dr. Dre song called Snake Charmer that was on the credit at the end. Did anyone catch how this one sounded like?

I think, it's the song that plays during the Apple deal segment on episode 4. All the songs are being listed in chronological order from what I remember. It's a slow instrumental, somewhat reminds of something off a movie soundtrack. I'm wondering, if it's a leftover from the "LOADED" soundtrack he was / is working on. But I could be all wrong. haha  ;D

soopa-man

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2017, 09:45:52 PM »
The instrumental and horns in the beginning play on Dre Pharmacy show on Beats 1.  Dope to me he has like 4 tracks already he can at least release on iTunes!  The "naked" song the track with TI and Justice and I know im missing a couple more.  Dude Is way too lazy and it shows on the show, he works for himself and makes music for his pleasure, it's coo and I get it but why release it and not put it out as it was meant to be? What happened to "die hard" with Eminem?

Blood$

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2017, 10:47:19 AM »
it's nothing special but not nearly as bad as y'all are making it to be lol

JonnyTanna

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2017, 11:20:53 AM »
I couldn't get past the first few seconds, it was horrible, does Dre not keep his ear to the street (aka these forums) and know that the people who's stood by him through the tough times, do not like this shit?