Author Topic: Will Dr. Dre release DETOX? (The Defiant Ones)  (Read 1898 times)

Jay_J

Will Dr. Dre release DETOX? (The Defiant Ones)
« on: July 18, 2017, 05:07:46 AM »
eminem says: "seriously, honestly, fuck this beats thing, i want dre to make an album and he's talking about headphones right now"

snoop says: "nigga is it gonna ever,ever,ever come out?"

nas says: "you promised detox"

thats what they told in defiant ones episode 4.

why did they mention detox too much?

maybe he wanted to get attention first and make it bigger and release detox(or what ever he will call) when attention/expectations are maximum

beats by dr. dre project
straight outta compton movie
compton lp
beats - apple corporation
the defiant ones (many rappers like em, snoop, nas mentions that they expect dre to release it)
and....???

i feel like its coming

what do you think?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 06:12:32 AM by Cey_Cey »

me1

Re: Will Dr. Dre release DETOX? (The Defiant Ones)
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 06:57:12 AM »
I hear you because it did get a lot of mention in this documentary but I think that is more because Allen Hughes wanted to challenge Dre to speak to things his fans are starving to know more about. And there is nothing fans want more than to understand why Dre doesn't release music as much as we'd all like.

So I personally see all the Detox mentions as Dre's way of definitively explaining why you may or may not get music from him at any given moment. Examples of instances where that point is really driven home: 1) Iovine saying that  Dre's pursuit of "perfection" is what he finds most challenging about his relationship with Dre and 2) Dre himself saying he was recording Detox because he felt he had to and not because it was happening organically and that he'll never approach music that way ever again.

So while moments like Em saying that Dre's vault is filled with incredible music give us all hope, it's safe to say we won't hear any of that ever. Ever.

That being said, he's building a 10k sq foot studio in his house so he'll be in the lab for eternity. He'll at the very least break more new artists
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 07:42:45 AM by manny1 »

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 08:18:37 PM »
eventually, yes

Mr.(Ko)Kane

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 02:11:16 AM »
I also think the documentary made it pretty clear why "Detox" didn't come out and why he stopped working on it and will never follow that approach again. Still a shame that so much effort went into producing and recording for tracks that will sit in a vault forever.

Okka

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 02:27:11 AM »
I also think the documentary made it pretty clear why "Detox" didn't come out and why he stopped working on it and will never follow that approach again. Still a shame that so much effort went into producing and recording for tracks that will sit in a vault forever.

A lot of the beats that were meant for "Detox" ended up on other albums.

Mr.(Ko)Kane

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 10:08:57 AM »

A lot of the beats that were meant for "Detox" ended up on other albums.

Yeah, sure. But I was more thinking about track concepts and guest features. They tried several ways to create something unique, like the movie version they intended and I'm sure some good music resulted in those sessions.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 10:39:39 AM »
You ever think there's a chance Detox was so good he has it saved to be released after he dies?

jaytee

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 04:13:57 PM »
I think there's the possibility that he releases another album, but not "Detox."  Detox is a burden that he would never be able to live up to imo. 

What I think he should consider is releasing compilation albums "from the vault" that contains unreleased remixes, material from shelved projects, OG tracks that may have had different beats due to sample clearances (provided he gets them cleared this time around), etc. 

Fans get what they want and it's not technically a "Dr. Dre album," if he's concerned about his track record.  That ain't happening though...

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2017, 12:32:16 AM »
As Eminem said " Fuck this Beats shit , I wanted Dre to release a new album" .

No it's never coming out , same thing with any songs from the vault after he dies .

I'm sure he already has drawn and signed the legal paperwork to prevent it  :laugh:

Okka

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2017, 01:54:39 AM »
Remember that this documentary was being filmed when Dre was workin' on "Compton" and when it came out, he said that "Detox" wasn't comin' out. Back in 2014 Dawaun Parker said that the title and the concept for "Detox" had been scrapped years ago.

Lucifuge

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2017, 04:05:42 AM »
Interviews are from 2014.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

SoCo

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2017, 07:08:07 AM »
Speaking of Detox, I stumbled across this today...finally

https://www.audiomack.com/song/chadkiser502/topless