Author Topic: Suge Knight pleads not guilty to threatening 'Straight Outta Compton' director  (Read 2593 times)

The Predator

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/A9EWj3fGYUg" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/A9EWj3fGYUg</a>

Suge Knight made a death threat against famed "Straight Outta Compton" director F. Gary Gray ... so claims the L.A. County Grand Jury which indicted Suge on felony criminal threats ... TMZ has learned.

We've learned Suge allegedly made the threat during the filming of the movie, but months before he killed a man involved in the production by driving over him in a Compton parking lot.

TMZ has obtained a copy of the Grand Jury indictment, which reads in part, "On or about August 8, 2014, Suge ... threatened to commit a crime which would result in death and great bodily injury to Felix Gary Gray."

Suge was extremely unhappy with his portrayal in the movie and we're told he sent the threat by text. We know on August 8, 2014, Gray was interviewed by cops at the Slauson Swap Meet where they were filming.

Suge is scheduled to be arraigned on the charge Thursday.

Here's the weird thing ... the indictment is dated February 7, 2017. It's unclear why it took 6 months to arraign him.

Sources connected with Suge claim the murder charge against him is falling apart and they believe law enforcement is simply out to get him.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vCEaKjpHHMs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vCEaKjpHHMs</a>

May relate to this threat -

“I will see u in person… u have kids just like me so let’s play hardball you bitch ass Nigga” and “I’m from Bompton… time has arrived Faith in God keep people safe The Devils money can’t save no 1…I will make sure u an that Fagg [Dr. Dre] and Taft High school graduate [Ice Cube] receive your hugs…”

Suge Knight Pleads Not Guilty in Death Threat Case

Suge Knight is pleading not guilty to one felony count of making death threats against "Straight Outta Compton" director F. Gary Gray.

Suge was in court Thursday morning in Downtown L.A. with his lawyer, Mathew Fletcher, to enter the plea. Additionally, Fletcher claimed Suge's phone has been blocked and he can't communicate with his attorneys. Mathew wants visitations to include calls to his attorney's office.

Outside the courtroom, Fletcher read what he says are the only texts he's seen between Knight and Gray. One read, "You have family, I have family, God bless you." Fletcher says Suge and the director had been arguing about whether Suge deserved a fee because he was being portrayed in 'Compton.'

« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 03:27:31 PM by The Predator »

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Jesus Christ... I am confused...

How the hell does a court room work?  Isn't there something in the constitution about a "speedy trial"?  Is Suge just going to be in court ad nauseam?  Or is there ever actually any decision made or sentencing?  Seems like it's been 4 years now.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

abusive

Jesus Christ... I am confused...

How the hell does a court room work?  Isn't there something in the constitution about a "speedy trial"?  Is Suge just going to be in court ad nauseam?  Or is there ever actually any decision made or sentencing?  Seems like it's been 4 years now.
Constitution? Behold tha New World Order! They bout to hit you with tha Beast of Revelation ---> :firedevil: :camp:  :pirate:
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Jay Wallace

I never heard anything about a speedy trial.  Plenty of trails get dragged out for extended periods of time depending on the situation.  Regardless, dude is on tape killing someone so it will be difficult for him to get off.  A lengthy trial process actually works in his favor as his lawyers can collect more evidence to argue self-defense.

abusive

Yeah there is suppose to be a speedy trial but all of it is bs anyway.

But just like Suge's former Consigliere Virgil Roberts said, it's best to sit up as long as you can so people can kind of forget about the case. It's in your best interest to go through a high profile case after the crime isn't fresh on people's mind's and the sensationalism has died down some.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

2Relevant

zero chance in hell he walks

V2DHeart

He'll walk. They know it. This is the real reason the trial is dragging on because any time behind bars is a victory for them
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

me1

He'll walk. They know it. This is the real reason the trial is dragging on because any time behind bars is a victory for them

I hope he does. With a nation divided over Trump it will be nice to have Suge's positive energy and vibes back in the mix

2Relevant

you morons who think suge is gonna walk are retarded and have no idea how the crappy system works here suge is broke he WILL NOT WIN

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
The legend of Suge Knight has actually grown a great deal since his most recent incarceration.  I mean the event itself has of course added to his legend and legacy of violence... then on top of that you have...

Success of NWA movie
Success of 2pac biopic

both two movies in which were a bit controversial, many sides to the story, and in which Suge's character played a huge role.  You also have

Success of the Defiant Ones

And again Suge's character looms large.  Most legends as large as Suge are dead by now.  He's like an Al Capone or Manuel Noreiga.  If he walks, you have to think there might be a way he could profit off such a legend... the problem is he would have to feign some sort of "born again Christian forgiveness" persona for him to get around being blackballed from the industry.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Westcoastfanatic

you morons who think suge is gonna walk are retarded and have no idea how the crappy system works here suge is broke he WILL NOT WIN

Agree. If he walks I will eat my shoe.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

The following users thanked this post: 2Relevant

DeeezNuuuts83

I'm not saying Suge will get out (though I personally think he has a good case), but it is definitely odd that there has been so little progress with his trial.  I understand it's not an overnight thing, but I've said this time and time again...

Someone I knew from college got arrested in December 2015 as a murder suspect.  His trial went through and he was found guilty back in March of this year.  No witnesses, just evidence linking him to the victim's vehicle (his handprints were in the car) and where they found the body (in a city far away from where the victim lived but behind an apartment complex where he used to live).

Suge's incident was in January 2015, almost a full year before, and there is VIDEO footage of the incident, and over two-and-a-half years later, there's been hardly any progress in Suge's trial.

Both were murder cases.  Why is Suge's taking so much longer?  If it were so cut-and-dry, especially with video footage, the DA could've put this one away.  They don't need detectives to pick up blood with cotton swabs in this one.  It's clearly far from an open-and-shut case.

It only took a few months from the Vegas incident for him to get convicted and sent to prison based on grainy analog hotel security camera footage of a group of guys kicking someone, yet a clear video of Suge (and no one else) driving over someone apparently isn't enough.

Not saying he's gonna walk.  But if it were such a sure thing that he wouldn't, it would've been done by now.

2Relevant

I'm not saying Suge will get out (though I personally think he has a good case), but it is definitely odd that there has been so little progress with his trial.  I understand it's not an overnight thing, but I've said this time and time again...

Someone I knew from college got arrested in December 2015 as a murder suspect.  His trial went through and he was found guilty back in March of this year.  No witnesses, just evidence linking him to the victim's vehicle (his handprints were in the car) and where they found the body (in a city far away from where the victim lived but behind an apartment complex where he used to live).

Suge's incident was in January 2015, almost a full year before, and there is VIDEO footage of the incident, and over two-and-a-half years later, there's been hardly any progress in Suge's trial.

Both were murder cases.  Why is Suge's taking so much longer?  If it were so cut-and-dry, especially with video footage, the DA could've put this one away.  They don't need detectives to pick up blood with cotton swabs in this one.  It's clearly far from an open-and-shut case.

It only took a few months from the Vegas incident for him to get convicted and sent to prison based on grainy analog hotel security camera footage of a group of guys kicking someone, yet a clear video of Suge (and no one else) driving over someone apparently isn't enough.

Not saying he's gonna walk.  But if it were such a sure thing that he wouldn't, it would've been done by now.

this is suge knight we typing bout here not some collage kid suge has a rap sheet longer then that kids existence
suge does not have a good case he is facing his 3rd strike and probably life in jail cause hes so old
hes broke and will lose he will get life mark my typed words no way in hell hes wining 

DeeezNuuuts83

this is suge knight we typing bout here not some collage kid suge has a rap sheet longer then that kids existence
suge does not have a good case he is facing his 3rd strike and probably life in jail cause hes so old
hes broke and will lose he will get life mark my typed words no way in hell hes wining
Just because I knew the guy from college (not "collage") doesn't mean he's straight edge.  Let's put it this way -- when I heard about it, before even hearing the facts, I knew he did it.

Suge actually has a good case.  It's not totally rock-solid, but I'd feel good about it if it were me.  His rap sheet isn't as relevant in this situation as you'd think.  It would be, if it were an accusation and one person's word against another person's word.  But we have video footage.  So there's no question about Suge running over the Terry and Bone, since there's nothing to prove by using Suge's record against him.  But don't think that Terry and Bone have clean records either.

It's not like Suge ran over a couple of school children who happened to be walking by... he ran over two known gang members who ran up on him and surrounded his truck, and one had a gun on him.  Suge has been shot on three separate occasions, and his lawyer could argue that he legitimately feared for his life having been in that situation a number of times.  If Bone were unarmed, then I'd say it would've been game over.  But he wasn't, and that's huge for Suge.

The fact is that Suge is from Compton and has business being there.  Bone isn't from Compton -- he's known to claim Athens Park and Jungles, neither of which is close to where the incident happened.  He had no arguable business being there.  You can say he was there for the movie as a "consultant," but again, he's not going to be the consultant for a biopic he wasn't in (as either an actor or as someone the movie is based on) based out of an area he's not from.  (If this happened in the Jungles on the set of Training Day, then that would be a different story.)  If you want to argue that Bone was being some kind of security for the movie, then go for it, but the moviemakers should've hired real security guards licensed to carry firearms, not guys from the hood.  That will also work in Suge's favor.

But whether Suge was there to press some people or to actually get a burger, neither that nor his record changes the fact that he got surrounded and one of them had a gun.  Remember when Big Meech killed Wolf (Puff's bodyguard who killed Jake Robles)?  He never got indicted, he got shot in the process and claimed self-defense.  And he had a long rap sheet too at that point.  Remember when Gucci Mane shot at a few guys who were trying to rob him and he managed to kill one of them?  Cleared of murder charges.

Sccit

LMAO@COLLAGE