Author Topic: Bone Thugs - New Waves (Discussion Thread)  (Read 7034 times)

Sccit

Re: Bone Thugs - New Waves (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2017, 12:44:13 PM »
i guess this is vintage bone thugs:

nothing pop about this (another single):

absolutely nothing katy perryesque about this hard ass chorus:

nothing like the spice girls:

i wonder if this sounds like bruno mars:

bone thugs goin hard:

i tried to be cool wit u and chalk it up as differences in taste.. but if u really don't see the difference between these songs and vintage bone thugs, somethin is wrong wit u playboy

and tbh, i gave it another shot last night .. a couple joints were passable, comin home, heaven had a cellphone, new waves, cocaine love, and the joint wit yelawolf. not bad. but the majority is still pop, and THATS A FACT

Blood$

« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2017, 11:52:18 PM »
I really did want to love this album as a whole because it's Bone but even the tracks that I dig aren't enough for me to justify letting the rest ride lol I get it they want to go into a different direction and have more "positive" tunes but this ain't the sound I want from them personally as far as those pop/techno sounding cuts 

DJSpin

« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2017, 05:54:46 PM »
This album is dope. Really digging track 1 and the bonus track.  Waves, and bottle service are dope too

Since I haven't listened to bone in like 10 years, do they have any other releases similar to this one? Or worth checking out?

Blood$

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2017, 08:55:06 AM »
This album is dope. Really digging track 1 and the bonus track.  Waves, and bottle service are dope too

Since I haven't listened to bone in like 10 years, do they have any other releases similar to this one? Or worth checking out?

Strength & Loyalty shit all over this album, even Uni5 is better lol

Sccit

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2017, 09:02:27 PM »

ART OF WAR 3 IS A CLASSIC COMPARED TO THIS BS

Blood$

« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2017, 11:32:36 PM »

I think I had that one downloaded awhile back but I never got around to hearing it

Sccit

« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2017, 12:30:23 AM »

I think I had that one downloaded awhile back but I never got around to hearing it

their best work in a while

BIGWORM

« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2017, 06:13:28 PM »
Expected something tighter and would have been nice If the album was a bit darker but hence the tittle "New Waves" so I guess that shows what they're going for. BTW that track "Bottle Service" is a banger for what it is. I snook it in a on a Dance/EDM set I played in a club and the crowd loved it, several people came up to me and asked where that song came from.