Author Topic: For Fux sake! Did any rapper fall off harder than Shyne?  (Read 4158 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
For Fux sake! Did any rapper fall off harder than Shyne?
« on: November 02, 2017, 07:17:26 AM »
I'm not a fan of Puffy or Bad Boy--but Jesus Christ I got to give him some credit cause he put a battery in dat niccaz back.  He damn near turned that nicca into a living legend...that debut album was fucking hot lava and anything since is fertile as a 100 year old nun...

Am I lying?  I just tried to listen to that album he made after being released from prison and I couldn't even survive 10 seconds listening to that trash.

But his debut shit still bangs as much as the day it dropped..joints like "The Commision", "Bad Boyz", "Shit Hits the Fan"

"Bank and soda arm and hammer palm in hammer/
Think you crazy?? Nicca my clips bananas!!!!!"

That first verse of the Commision is a hip-hop quotable for the ages.  He's flowing his ass off and his lyrics are out the moon!

What happened to this dude??  Prison ruined him?? Or he had ghost writers production teams bringing him life??
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Okka

Re: For Fux sake! Did any rapper fall off harder than Shyne?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 09:58:43 AM »
The mixtape he dropped had some good songs on it in my opinion. Something's wrong with his voice though.

2Relevant

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 02:54:22 PM »
dude was trash people only cared because he sounded like big at first but what do u expect when he ws locked up for so many years then when he came out his voice/music was garbage and people didnt even know who he was

Blood$

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 04:57:47 PM »
Eminem

2Relevant

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 05:16:40 PM »
Eminem

you are half right as an artist he fell the fuck off but when he drops an album all the white boys/girls are going to buy it now if you compare 90% of the old farts in the west coast section not only they failed as an artist but NO ONE is going to buy their album maybe 100 and thats pushing it from europe
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 05:20:49 PM by 2Relevant »

Marco

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 06:52:58 PM »
He's debut album was dope.
West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 02:24:01 AM »
easy .. he came out with million dollar studio production. puffy had him rappin with that biggie swag and prolly used all the top notch studio tools to doctor his voice, gettin it to sound as biggiesque as possible.

listen to his raps now and his voice sounds nothin like it used to....production makes all the difference.

Okka

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2017, 08:28:31 AM »
easy .. he came out with million dollar studio production. puffy had him rappin with that biggie swag and prolly used all the top notch studio tools to doctor his voice, gettin it to sound as biggiesque as possible.

listen to his raps now and his voice sounds nothin like it used to....production makes all the difference.

His second album was dope too. It was more like an compilation though. Puffy had nothin' to do with it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godfather_Buried_Alive

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 09:26:57 AM »

His second album was dope too. It was more like an compilation though. Puffy had nothin' to do with it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godfather_Buried_Alive

i have it .. it's alright. not really touching the debut tho.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2017, 10:56:13 PM »

If that's the case then I think we need to view Puffy in a new light.  If Bad Boy created the debut Shyne from the same bumb who put out Gangland...then Puffy is the real Dr. Frankenstein.

Remember when he lodged a battery in Mase's back and then Mase took an advance from Puffy and ran off to the church wit it!! 

This also makes me want to go back and check out The Lox debut.  Cause they have proven to have way more talent and longevity than Shyne or Mase but yet I don't remember their debut album on Bad Boy being anything memorable.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Okka

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2017, 04:27:33 AM »
"Money, Power & Respect" is a dope album. You definitely need to give it a spin, Infinite.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2017, 05:23:10 AM »
Kurupt fell off more IMO....he had a period where he was close to unlistenable when he went back to Death Row up until about Streetlights

Shyne although dope was never in that category to begin with

Blood$

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2017, 09:17:06 AM »
Kurupt fell off more IMO....he had a period where he was close to unlistenable when he went back to Death Row up until about Streetlights

no way did Kurupt fall harder musically than Eminem did lol

HighEyeCue

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2017, 11:03:33 AM »

lyrically yes, Kurupt still had dope production behind him with "Against The Grain" but his rhymes were lazy till around '07, '08

Blood$

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2017, 02:15:45 PM »

lyrically yes, Kurupt still had dope production behind him with "Against The Grain" but his rhymes were lazy till around '07, '08

Eminem was rapping about literally nothing but bullshit on Encore minus a few songs, had the obvious corny accent + half assed flows on Relapse, then the forced + cringeworthy deliveries on Recovery and MMLP2... he's just never come back or been the same since The Eminem Show where he was starting to peak

at least Kurupt bounced back with Digital Smoke, Street Lights, and some of the later DPG releases after his iffy period being back on Death Row