Author Topic: Killah Priest Interview.. speakin on 'beef' with RZA and more  (Read 1482 times)

D.R.E.-Dogg

How are you relations with the Wu?
Priest: Well, my relation with the Clan is cool. It's always been cool. I had my little thing with RZA, thats only because, I havent seen him for while. A lot of the gods thought that he was holding me back and wasn't exposing me (...well get into this topic later...)

Whats the deal with Heat of the Moment, is that targeted against the Clan?
Priest: No, its not. Its just a coincidence. On Black August, I have a song called Excalibur that might have a line that seems like Im talking about them also, but Im not there either.

Will you ever rep the Wu again? Like use the name or symbol.
Priest: Well, back then, when I used the Wu symbol on Heavy Mental, I got charged for it... from Divine. I thought that was weird and disrespectful, thats why I dont use it like that anymore. If you look at Heavy Mental now, it doesnt even look like the Wu symbol that much, its distorted.

Who has the deepest verses from the Fam, knowledge wise?
Priest: I think its Hell Razah, Inspectah Deck, Shabazz the Disciple and GZA.

Why werent you on GZAs last album?
Priest: I wasnt on GZAs last album, because I was working on my album. Also, at that time I thought I was a rebel and no one was working with me.

Do you think the Wu will retire after their next album?
Priest: Well, the reason to have the Wu Fam, is the carry the name of the Wu. Like when we started, Brooklyn Zu and Sunz of Man was around just to support the Wu and battle them on the side and help them. I address that on this song called Big World.

What do feel about the Female Wu emcees?
Priest: They dope. Me and Tekitha made a song together. Tekitha to me is the revolution sister. Shes real. Thats all I gotta say about her. I cant wait to hear her album.

Whats up with the Horsemen?
Priest: Right about now, I see Ras Kass. I dont know where Canibus is at. I see Kurupt in L.A., that song Out Tha Spot was recorded for somebody else. Just like the Do You Want It song, that wasnt for me. I dont want that on the album. These cats at Recon, we just got ito a deal. They got the CREAM and stuff, but they just takin my stuff and runnin wit it, they sayin too much shit thats drivin me crazy. Imma give you the best album, the real version is a take back to Heavy Mental. Deja Vu is a prelude to that experience. There Wu production, but its New Wu Elements from The Clan on my album.

Whats up with Emperus Music?
Priest: Proverbs Records still exists. Its just that we merged with Recon. We could of moved farther, but my partner (Luminati) was a control freak, tellin me what to do. Hes working with Canibus now. This album I did by myself.

What you think about 50 Cent?
Priest: Kids just caught in the hype. That fake hip hop fanbase is so unloyal, one minute they love you, one minute they dont. The same fans of Ja Rule, and now Fifty fans...

Whats your response to RZAs interview about you?
Priest: About the whole businessmen hes talking about... thats what hes becoming! If you say Im listening to corporate people... what are you talking about! He went to people to work on Heavy Mental... they told me to be quiet. If you got my back, and you right there, you should do it about respect. Im from the street, im not a corporate muthafucka. If you go in there and do it, just help a brother out. Things he said was true... yeah... RZA used to battle us and birth me back then. Thats true. But when you start saying, you trained me my skills, though... When you come to the corporate world and start talking about things like that. When you say family, when you start sayin thats all dealing with evilness. RZA is a scientist, but when you start building on those terms... thats devilish. We got a Dynasty.. as you can see here, the Wu-Tang Dynasty! But, all things have internal warfare. When you build an empire, things happen to destroy since we all come from the struggle. He should say that Ill never work with him on business... thats stupid.

You and RZA really never had a bond to begin with, seemed he never liked you to begin with?
Priest: Its a grudge, because of the "business shit". Check this out... during Wu-Tang Forever... I was out there and wrote verses for there. I did ten songs on there!!.... but RZA cut them all off. I did a lot of joints with the Wu Clan solos and shit. They all felt it, the whole clan. But RZA didnt and came with false excuses. He said only the 9 generals should of been on Wu Forever... but Cap and Street were on there... its cuz I didnt "hang" with RZA. Cap was around Ghost, and shit.. so.. I would have the hottest verses!! and he cut them. We were gonna make a video for America, but RZA said no. It would expose me. The only reason I was on the song was cuz Raekwon was feeling me. He said I came strong. Now check this! The original Cross My Heart had me, GZA and RZA... then RZA took his own verse off! And he put Deck on there instead. When we were making Heavy Mental, my people wanted a RZA beat, but he wouldnt give it to us. He said he will never work with me... well he damn well never did! Unless it was through GZA like 4th Chamber... and then Snakes, cuz Dirt loves me. The Emperus Muzik album is gonna have unreleased songs and shit that got Heavy Mental. 4th Disciple has mad songs that I did. Im trynna get the original version of BIBLE, it was much much hotter! We did it at RZAs house.... but he lost it.

Do you still talk to Shabazz the Disciple?
Priest: Shabazz, Im ready to get with him, cuz hes one of the nicest. He left the Wu a long time ago, I didnt understand that then... but we gonna talk and we gonna do the new Sunz of Man. Its in the talks. Me, Bazz and Razah. Also me and Bazz gonna do an album together, The Disciples of Armageddon. When me and Bazz went to RZA with the original Sunz, he didnt like it. So Bazz bounced... I decided to stay and we got the new Sunz of Man going. I might of been looked at as the leader, but I just put it together.

What was up with you not being on the new Sunz album?
Priest: Well Prodigal Sunn didnt agree that I didnt talk to RZA, he was more on RZAs side. And said I shouldnt go agains the Clans side... but Im still cool with Razah and Sixty. It was bullshit. But then you see how RZA was on that album right... Me and Razah made a track last night, shit is one of the most spiritual works ever.

What did you think about those 2 songs that RZA put on Wu Chronicles 2?
Priest: I took that as an insult... so they could laugh at or whatever... if they wanted to put some of my real lyrical shit they would of! But they must of been like, nah lets show the people what Priest is now, and shit. Bullshit.

Any last words?
Priest: Yeah, what you hear about Black August now is just mirage... but me and RZA are gonna have a man to man talk soon and resolve everything.. then youll hear the new Black August. Also, you might catch me on Ghostfaces new album. Im going on tour with Remedy in Israel. P.E.A.C.E.

www.w00t.nl

interesting imo... especially that shit about his relationship with RZA

seems like there's hardly any interview without the question about 50's success nowdays..

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
Re:Killah Priest Interview.. speakin on 'beef' with RZA and more
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2003, 04:00:32 PM »
i thought i had lost all respect for rza after the poetic situation but this just adds to it.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

TheSheriff

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2003, 04:06:46 PM »
RZA never earnt my respect. Wu Forever was a business attempt; he exploited his boys for profit.

No Name Ever

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2003, 01:15:04 AM »
its a shame RZA n Killa priest got this problem,that gets in the way of creativity,the fans who love 'Priest n RZA's beats are the ones suffering,.
[

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2003, 06:25:08 AM »
well this is Killah Priest's version.. we don't know whats the original reason for all this so i won't judge

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2003, 09:23:51 AM »
its a shame RZA n Killa priest got this problem,that gets in the way of creativity,the fans who love 'Priest n RZA's beats are the ones suffering,.

Fo real its a shame when enterprise spoils the music...

...pZ