Author Topic: Original "Westcoast Aftershock" album  (Read 8667 times)

Snoopafly-1986

Re: Original "Westcoast Aftershock" album
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2007, 01:08:38 PM »
here you go: http://www.zshare.net/audio/5132410f68180c/

Tha Dogg Pound feat. George Clinton U Can't C Me
i'm not sure either, but isn't it a Dogg food leftover?

by the way, HighEyeCue, check your inbox  ;)

thanks alot homie for the PM, and I think the "Cant C Me track" is a Dogg Food leftover, would have been interesting since there are no Dre produced tracks on Dogg Food

Don't tell Snoop that. He said Daz just "brought" the beats over and Dre really "produced" Dogg Food.

Snoop said that what did he mean brought the beats over?

The interview Snoop did with Nima he implied that all Daz did was the beat. Dre mixed it added alot of elements to the songs on there so he constructed the songs more so then Daz did. That is what I took from what he said.

oh ok props need to read that

d-nice

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2007, 01:20:37 PM »

thanks alot homie for the PM, and I think the "Cant C Me track" is a Dogg Food leftover, would have been interesting since there are no Dre produced tracks on Dogg Food

Don't tell Snoop that. He said Daz just "brought" the beats over and Dre really "produced" Dogg Food.

The interview Snoop did with Nima he implied that all Daz did was the beat. Dre mixed it added alot of elements to the songs on there so he constructed the songs more so then Daz did. That is what I took from what he said.

http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/snoopdogg06/part4/

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2007, 01:23:26 PM »

http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/snoopdogg06/part4/

thanks 8)

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2007, 01:44:14 PM »
Shit Snoop was going hard at Warren G and Daz in that interview saying their records were all garbage xcpept for Warren G's last one LOL

MarshColin

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2007, 03:34:02 PM »

Ya you're correct about the track being a Dogg Food leftover.

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2007, 05:19:58 PM »
what about those tracks on Dogg Pounds 2nd album "2002"? maybe some of them were meant for this album heres a tracklist I found

Intro
Roll Wit Us
Just Doggin
Smoke
Gangsta Rap
10 Til Midnight
Living Tha Gangsta Life
Don't Stop
Change The Game (Remix)
Crip Wit Us
What Cha About
Your Gyrlfriend 2
Feels Good 
Way Too Often
It'z All About That Money
Every Single Day 

HEC

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2007, 05:07:56 PM »
what about those tracks on Dogg Pounds 2nd album "2002"? maybe some of them were meant for this album heres a tracklist I found

Intro
Roll Wit Us
Just Doggin
Smoke
Gangsta Rap
10 Til Midnight
Living Tha Gangsta Life
Don't Stop
Change The Game (Remix)
Crip Wit Us
What Cha About
Your Gyrlfriend 2
Feels Good 
Way Too Often
Every Single Day 

a couple of them are on Dillinger & Young Gotti with different names "Dipp Wit Me", "Livin Gangsta Like" and the beats are much better on those two tracks on that album than on this one, but this had some heat "Smoke" and "Every Single Day" are both classic Death Row tracks but I'm not so sure they were meant for "Westcoast Aftershock" maybe for some other projects.

Thanks again to the homie Dre-Day

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2007, 01:32:21 AM »

Intro
Roll Wit Us
Just Doggin
Smoke
Gangsta Rap
10 Til Midnight
Living Tha Gangsta Life
Don't Stop
Change The Game (Remix)
Crip Wit Us
What Cha About
Your Gyrlfriend 2
Feels Good 
Way Too Often
Every Single Day 

a couple of them are on Dillinger & Young Gotti with different names "Dipp Wit Me", "Livin Gangsta Like" and the beats are much better on those two tracks on that album than on this one, but this had some heat "Smoke" and "Every Single Day" are both classic Death Row tracks but I'm not so sure they were meant for "Westcoast Aftershock" maybe for some other projects.

you're welcome  ;)

but what about the track Roll Wit Us? the OG track was put on the chronic 2000 compilation; the 2002 album has a remixed version of the track.
Roll wit us sounds a bit like some other tracks from daz' first soloalbum though, so i'm not sure if it was meant for the Westcoast Aftershock album.
there are two other Dogg Pound tracks on the chronic 2000 compilation ( "OG to BG" and "because of you girl"; the 2nd track features tha realest though, but maybe he was added later).

Twisted Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SCISSOR-HANDS NIGGA, SLICIN' LIKE BLANCA!!!
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2007, 04:52:03 PM »
Cool Topic Homie!

Could someone please post:

Tha Dogg Pound -Mission Impossible

Tha Dogg Pound -Tremendous Odds

Props 8)

Don't Waste Time Hating on Kurupt just because he gets the Appreciation that you think YOUR favorite artist deserves. You should try being more Positive about Life and Post about things that YOU LIKE instead of Whining Like a BITCH. Convert All That Hate into Positive Energy to Promote YOUR # 1 Artist. MUTHAFUCCA!

HEC

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2007, 01:15:48 PM »

Intro
Roll Wit Us
Just Doggin
Smoke
Gangsta Rap
10 Til Midnight
Living Tha Gangsta Life
Don't Stop
Change The Game (Remix)
Crip Wit Us
What Cha About
Your Gyrlfriend 2
Feels Good 
Way Too Often
Every Single Day 

you're welcome  ;)

but what about the track Roll Wit Us? the OG track was put on the chronic 2000 compilation; the 2002 album has a remixed version of the track.
Roll wit us sounds a bit like some other tracks from daz' first soloalbum though, so i'm not sure if it was meant for the Westcoast Aftershock album.
there are two other Dogg Pound tracks on the chronic 2000 compilation ( "OG to BG" and "because of you girl"; the 2nd track features tha realest though, but maybe he was added later).

completely forgot about that album Chronic 2000 album that Suge put out, yeah Roll Wit Us does sound like it was meant for a Daz solo, "Og to Bg" I really liked that track could've been meant for "Westcoast Aftershock". I am also thinking that maybe a couple of cuts from Retaliation, Revenge and Get Back featuring Kurupt could've been on there "Our Daily Bread" comes to mind where its Daz and Kurupt and Prince Ital Joe

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2008, 03:13:49 AM »
yep, the search engine still works fine Chad  ;)

WestCoast Solider

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2017, 06:22:31 PM »
What About NY 87 That Was Comfirmed on the album

dnjp4life

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2017, 03:34:22 AM »

I doubt that NY87 would have made it onto the album.  That track was just a heat of the moment thing when they all got in the booth following the incident during the shoot for the 'New York, New York' video.  I don't reckon Tha Dogg Pound would have included such a scathing diss on an album that was due to come out many months, or even a year or more, after that track was recorded.  It wouldn't have made much sense really.

'Jack Move' probably would have been on the album, it's one of the best posse tracks ever made, everyone dropped strong verses on that one.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 03:39:19 AM by dnjp4life »

HighEyeCue

« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2017, 09:28:45 AM »
I actually remember starting this thread ;D

I doubt that NY87 would have made it onto the album.  That track was just a heat of the moment thing when they all got in the booth following the incident during the shoot for the 'New York, New York' video.  I don't reckon Tha Dogg Pound would have included such a scathing diss on an album that was due to come out many months, or even a year or more, after that track was recorded.  It wouldn't have made much sense really.

'Jack Move' probably would have been on the album, it's one of the best posse tracks ever made, everyone dropped strong verses on that one.

yeah "Jack Move" along with "Initiated" are 2 of the best posse cuts from that era