Author Topic: Jmix, Gonzoe, Etc.: Beefing with the Outlawz Ain't a Good Look  (Read 1505 times)

MOBNigga06

Jmix, Gonzoe, Etc.: Beefing with the Outlawz Ain't a Good Look
« on: November 15, 2017, 08:39:42 AM »
Just saw an interview that Jmix did with a former manager of the Outlawz and it was a pathetic sight to see. The manager clearly had little familiarity with Tupac's music, and was saying all kinds of bullshit about Tupac not knowing or co-signing Young Noble. And Jmix was responding to the guy by constantly agreeing and suggesting that he was right.

Jmix has been releasing great content over the past few years, so this is an unfortunate development. You know Pac's music too well to act like one can raise reasonable doubts as to whether Pac actually co-signed Young Noble. They recorded around 20 songs together and Pac says the words "Young Noble" (or "Marbles") on many ad-libs and outros, not to mention the Untouchable Freestyle, the House of Blues concert, and the handwritten notes (in Pac's own handwriting) where he lists Young Noble's solo album as a project to be released on Makaveli Records. 

And dissing EDI while claiming to care about Tupac is not a good look. Tupac loved EDI and was like a father or big brother to him. No other rapper, dead or alive, recorded as much music with Tupac as EDI did. He was around Pac continuously from 1992 to 1996. When EDI dies, so much knowledge and experience about Pac will die with him. We should be encouraging him to say what he can, not criticizing him and Noble every time they do an interview by concocting nonsensical conspiracy theories. Young Noble is blackmailing EDI? EDI is trying to cover up the murder of Tupac? These insinuations make no sense at all. Taking the bullshit spouted by Gonzoe and an ex-manager as if it came from credible sources is like asking ex-girlfriends for their view on a nigga. Shit is disgusting.

As for the Shakur family and their disapproval of the Outlawz: it's really hypocritical of them to hate on people "trying to make money off Tupac" when they're sharing millions of dollars earned annually off Tupac's work. Of course Kastro and Mopreme don't "cash in" as much as EDI and Noble - they don't have to, since it is their blood relatives who are getting extra paid off Tupac without doing a damn thing.

With so many Outlawz and Pac affiliates deceased, we should be grateful that at least a few of them are still living, especially EDI.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

2Relevant

Re: Jmix, Gonzoe, Etc.: Beefing with the Outlawz Ain't a Good Look
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 01:27:55 PM »
Just saw an interview that Jmix did with a former manager of the Outlawz and it was a pathetic sight to see. The manager clearly had little familiarity with Tupac's music, and was saying all kinds of bullshit about Tupac not knowing or co-signing Young Noble. And Jmix was responding to the guy by constantly agreeing and suggesting that he was right.

Jmix has been releasing great content over the past few years, so this is an unfortunate development. You know Pac's music too well to act like one can raise reasonable doubts as to whether Pac actually co-signed Young Noble. They recorded around 20 songs together and Pac says the words "Young Noble" (or "Marbles") on many ad-libs and outros, not to mention the Untouchable Freestyle, the House of Blues concert, and the handwritten notes (in Pac's own handwriting) where he lists Young Noble's solo album as a project to be released on Makaveli Records. 

And dissing EDI while claiming to care about Tupac is not a good look. Tupac loved EDI and was like a father or big brother to him. No other rapper, dead or alive, recorded as much music with Tupac as EDI did. He was around Pac continuously from 1992 to 1996. When EDI dies, so much knowledge and experience about Pac will die with him. We should be encouraging him to say what he can, not criticizing him and Noble every time they do an interview by concocting nonsensical conspiracy theories. Young Noble is blackmailing EDI? EDI is trying to cover up the murder of Tupac? These insinuations make no sense at all. Taking the bullshit spouted by Gonzoe and an ex-manager as if it came from credible sources is like asking ex-girlfriends for their view on a nigga. Shit is disgusting.

As for the Shakur family and their disapproval of the Outlawz: it's really hypocritical of them to hate on people "trying to make money off Tupac" when they're sharing millions of dollars earned annually off Tupac's work. Of course Kastro and Mopreme don't "cash in" as much as EDI and Noble - they don't have to, since it is their blood relatives who are getting extra paid off Tupac without doing a damn thing.

With so many Outlawz and Pac affiliates deceased, we should be grateful that at least a few of them are still living, especially EDI.

psst no one gives a shit bout the wacklawz only time you hear of them is when pac is mentioned even pac is starting to become irrelevant but thats only the man been dead over 20 years but still has a better buzz then 95% of the artist this forum talks about

Blood$

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 05:47:10 PM »
"Pac is starting to become irrelevant"

easily the winner for shit-post of the year on Dubcc, no question or debate

The following users thanked this post: $Eg2$

MOBNigga06

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 06:23:10 PM »

Yeah, that's gotta be one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this forum.

Pac is going to be relevant in 2396, homie.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 04:19:10 AM »

Yeah, that's gotta be one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this forum.

Pac is going to be relevant in 2396, homie.

Especially for those who are still suck in 96 then. The real 96 ;)

LostSkanless

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 03:35:12 PM »

The catalog is just not being handle good rite now, theres so many people in the cookie jar puling in different directions. Hopefully one day some one with good music sense gets the catalog and brings it back to the center stage. also like i said before a million times what's really hurting the legacy is all these videos that have nothing to do with pacs music. Everything is gossip, beefs and conspiracy garbage, and that makes the music suffer. the movie didn't help either...

2Relevant

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 05:58:13 PM »

The catalog is just not being handle good rite now, theres so many people in the cookie jar puling in different directions. Hopefully one day some one with good music sense gets the catalog and brings it back to the center stage. also like i said before a million times what's really hurting the legacy is all these videos that have nothing to do with pacs music. Everything is gossip, beefs and conspiracy garbage, and that makes the music suffer. the movie didn't help either...

too late for that homie that ship sailed away along time ago plus there's a new generation of "hiphop" fans out there and pac isn't a priority something these retards above have yet to understand nothing against pac to me he will always be the goat but that was our time to some kid these days it will be someone else

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 08:27:14 AM »

It's not really hypocritical.  Pac's family is who Pac's earnings should go to.  They just cash the checks, not milk the name for all it's worth.

The Outlawz on the other hand have always seemed to thrust themselves into whatever project there was that involves Pac.  So yeah, they are "working" for their money, but they're not necessarily the most qualified for the job.  It's kind of like the son of a company owner who inherits the business at some point but is mediocre at running it.

I don't want to see them dead, but I don't see why we should be "grateful" that they are still living.  I appreciate their stories but hate their contributions to Pac's music in terms of what they record and how they handled the music.  Frankly I have enjoyed the handful of interviews they've done with DJ Vlad a billion times more than what they did with the Pac albums they've overseen.

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 09:12:12 AM »
shame on jmix for not posting his exclusives here no more

Blood$

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2017, 07:27:10 AM »

It's not really hypocritical.  Pac's family is who Pac's earnings should go to.  They just cash the checks, not milk the name for all it's worth.

The Outlawz on the other hand have always seemed to thrust themselves into whatever project there was that involves Pac.  So yeah, they are "working" for their money, but they're not necessarily the most qualified for the job.  It's kind of like the son of a company owner who inherits the business at some point but is mediocre at running it.

I don't want to see them dead, but I don't see why we should be "grateful" that they are still living.  I appreciate their stories but hate their contributions to Pac's music in terms of what they record and how they handled the music.  Frankly I have enjoyed the handful of interviews they've done with DJ Vlad a billion times more than what they did with the Pac albums they've overseen.

Outlawz did not oversee projects and run them though, nor did they "thrust" themselves into the picture... they were always invited by Afeni or whoever was running the show at the time

hell they even had to pay $10K to re-use the Pac verse for "Worldwide"

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2017, 07:55:17 AM »

Thats because the estate keep it Money over Bitches  :laugh:

2Relevant

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2017, 12:45:56 PM »

thats cause this site is dead :laugh:

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2017, 02:56:21 PM »

thats cause this site is dead :laugh:

doesn't he still post on that graveyard of a 2pac forum tho?? i think it has more to do wit all the hate cats here was showing him.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2017, 07:05:40 PM »
Outlawz did not oversee projects and run them though, nor did they "thrust" themselves into the picture... they were always invited by Afeni or whoever was running the show at the time
The Outlawz, particularly EDI and Kastro, were credited in the liner notes and confirmed as having involvement in an hold hitemup.com interview between Rukas and Fatal... Fatal was going to say it but he bit his tongue, then Rukas said, "We heard it was EDI and Kastro," then Fatal said, "Well I wasn't gonna say nothing, but since everybody heard it..."

They didn't thrust themselves into the picture?  They removed Fatal verses from Still I Rise and replaced them with their own.  They pulled off original artists from songs that the Outlawz weren't on and then they recorded in place of those artists.  I doubt Afeni told them to do that, so yeah, they thrusted themselves into projects.

Why, were you thinking that they were going to get it for free?  They've gotten to be on EVERY Pac album for the past twenty years, I don't think they're in a position to complain about having to pay for a verse to put on their album when they are on every Pac album and getting paid off of it when they're not the ones contributing to the albums' success.