Author Topic: Daz Dillinger - Dazamataz (Official Thread)  (Read 19120 times)

JeremyM

Re: Daz Dillinger - Dazamataz (Official Thread)
« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2018, 07:57:19 AM »
Well, they do use priority mail. I received the CDs on Saturday (two day shipping) in a Priority Mail box.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #106 on: February 26, 2018, 01:33:23 PM »
Spent the last few days listening to this...most of the album is straight fire.  Daz came through on this one...I dare to say this might be his best work since Revenge Retaliation and Get Back.  For a double CD, there's always gonna be some filler or not so great songs, but I figure might as well release them all and let the listeners decide which ones they like and don't like.  I can narrow this down to one CD and make a banging album, but I'm not mad at all he put other songs on it because they might appeal to other people.  Amazing how someone like Snoop has an unlimited budget and can't get it right, and Daz finally comes through and nails it after so many subpar albums.  Love the talkbox on some of the songs.  Songs I'm feeling:

Hard Life (top 3 songs from the album, hopefully we hear more from the Twinz this year)
Dazamataz
No One Duz It Better
That's My Baby
R U Single (Suga Free kills it with his usual one liners, classic)
This is The Shit (Soopafly hasn't sounded this good in years)
I'm Feeling You (The girl talking at the beginning is annoying as hell, but the song is awesome)
Curious (Top 3 Song, fire)
It's So On (Good to see Latoya back on a DPG release)
Sorry Bitch (Kurupt brings back his classic 'bitch' raps from his Streetz Is A Mutha days from his 'Your Gyrlfriend' song)
When Life Calls (haven't heard this sample done since Coolio did it on his 3rd album "When Night Falls")
Lil Black Boy (Sounds like some old Kanye/Common type vibe, nice)
Violation (straight classic dogg pound)
This One For My Niggaz
West Coast (Top 3 song, 2018 summertime anthem)

The rest of the songs are meh, ok.  Maybe they'll grow on me after a while.  I liked Bang Bang for a while, but that whole "Double cup...." line that he says so much throughout the song annoys me now, I like the beat though.  Hard in the Paint is good too, just not as good as the other ones, sounds like classic Death Row Daz.  Sure we've all clowned him and he's released some terrible stuff, but give credit where credit is due.  He came through big time on this album.  He really put it down for the Westcoast and got a bunch of the old crew on his album.  Only person missing was a Warren G feature and maybe Butch Cassidy.  Ashame this won't get no radio play or any sort of marketing behind it.  It deserves to blow up.  Hoping for more stuff like this in the future. 
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 01:38:37 PM by Soopafly DPGC »

The following users thanked this post: JeremyM

Sccit

« Reply #107 on: February 26, 2018, 05:48:04 PM »
Spent the last few days listening to this...most of the album is straight fire.  Daz came through on this one...I dare to say this might be his best work since Revenge Retaliation and Get Back.  For a double CD, there's always gonna be some filler or not so great songs, but I figure might as well release them all and let the listeners decide which ones they like and don't like.  I can narrow this down to one CD and make a banging album, but I'm not mad at all he put other songs on it because they might appeal to other people.  Amazing how someone like Snoop has an unlimited budget and can't get it right, and Daz finally comes through and nails it after so many subpar albums.  Love the talkbox on some of the songs.  Songs I'm feeling:

Hard Life (top 3 songs from the album, hopefully we hear more from the Twinz this year)
Dazamataz
No One Duz It Better
That's My Baby
R U Single (Suga Free kills it with his usual one liners, classic)
This is The Shit (Soopafly hasn't sounded this good in years)
I'm Feeling You (The girl talking at the beginning is annoying as hell, but the song is awesome)
Curious (Top 3 Song, fire)
It's So On (Good to see Latoya back on a DPG release)
Sorry Bitch (Kurupt brings back his classic 'bitch' raps from his Streetz Is A Mutha days from his 'Your Gyrlfriend' song)
When Life Calls (haven't heard this sample done since Coolio did it on his 3rd album "When Night Falls")
Lil Black Boy (Sounds like some old Kanye/Common type vibe, nice)
Violation (straight classic dogg pound)
This One For My Niggaz
West Coast (Top 3 song, 2018 summertime anthem)

The rest of the songs are meh, ok.  Maybe they'll grow on me after a while.  I liked Bang Bang for a while, but that whole "Double cup...." line that he says so much throughout the song annoys me now, I like the beat though.  Hard in the Paint is good too, just not as good as the other ones, sounds like classic Death Row Daz.  Sure we've all clowned him and he's released some terrible stuff, but give credit where credit is due.  He came through big time on this album.  He really put it down for the Westcoast and got a bunch of the old crew on his album.  Only person missing was a Warren G feature and maybe Butch Cassidy.  Ashame this won't get no radio play or any sort of marketing behind it.  It deserves to blow up.  Hoping for more stuff like this in the future.

Damn

bouli77

« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2018, 02:58:31 AM »
Ashame this won't get no radio play or any sort of marketing behind it.  It deserves to blow up.  Hoping for more stuff like this in the future.

I don't know about radio play (I'm pretty sure they're playing some of his new stuff on K Day though) but apparently there are billboards promoting the albums in LA, Daz posted the pictures on his IG. He was on Big Boy's show promoting the album too, and he's really active promoting the album and putting out merchandise. My take is Daz is focusing on his fan base which is mostly older heads and euro's, hence his being active on IG.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2018, 11:06:08 AM »
Ashame this won't get no radio play or any sort of marketing behind it.  It deserves to blow up.  Hoping for more stuff like this in the future.

I don't know about radio play (I'm pretty sure they're playing some of his new stuff on K Day though) but apparently there are billboards promoting the albums in LA, Daz posted the pictures on his IG. He was on Big Boy's show promoting the album too, and he's really active promoting the album and putting out merchandise. My take is Daz is focusing on his fan base which is mostly older heads and euro's, hence his being active on IG.

That's good to hear, he deserves some success from this one.  Cool that K Day's playing his stuff.  I'm from the Midwest and we don't get any good songs played on the radio except the usual top 20 bullshit repeated day after day hour after hour. 

Sccit

« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2018, 12:08:33 PM »
im amazed at how bouli knows shit like what kday is playing out here lol

bouli77

« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2018, 01:28:11 PM »
im amazed at how bouli knows shit like what kday is playing out here lol

I follow the likes of tray deee, daz, Cecilia the mamacita etc. On instagram so I have a glimpse of the stuff they’re playing, I think daz posted videos on his IG shouting out Kday for playing his shit, old and new. There’s also the beginning of the video « on the west coast ». My gf has family in Long Beach too so when we visited them I mostly listened to kday in the car, lol.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

bouli77

« Reply #112 on: March 01, 2018, 01:35:02 PM »

That's good to hear, he deserves some success from this one.  Cool that K Day's playing his stuff.  I'm from the Midwest and we don't get any good songs played on the radio except the usual top 20 bullshit repeated day after day hour after hour.

Isn’t there an « old school » type of radio station in you area ? I know in NorCal they have one, same in LA, and in NYC too. I’m guessing it’s a pattern they’re following everywhere in the US, isn’t it ? I hate commercials sonI never listen to the radio.

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #114 on: March 05, 2018, 10:37:11 AM »

Isn’t there an « old school » type of radio station in you area ? I know in NorCal they have one, same in LA, and in NYC too. I’m guessing it’s a pattern they’re following everywhere in the US, isn’t it ? I hate commercials sonI never listen to the radio.

Nope, nothing like that here.  If you have XM you can get a couple of old school rap stations, but even they are very repetitive. 

JeremyM

« Reply #115 on: March 05, 2018, 05:10:39 PM »
Yeah, it's a double CD and Daz signs it. No need to pay $99 for it, though.

One thing I noticed is some of the dialogue he samples skips--it seems like it was done intentionally as the music doesn't skip. Kind of annoying.  Other than that I really like the album, especially disc one.

doggfather

« Reply #116 on: March 05, 2018, 09:51:19 PM »
Thanks.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2018, 02:12:15 PM »
Yeah, it's a double CD and Daz signs it. No need to pay $99 for it, though.

One thing I noticed is some of the dialogue he samples skips--it seems like it was done intentionally as the music doesn't skip. Kind of annoying.  Other than that I really like the album, especially disc one.

I'm was feeling disc two more at first, but disc one is starting to grow on me more.  Seems like the more 'current' sounding songs are on disc one, and then more of that throwback sound is on disc two.  With some exceptions of course.  I'd move the Twinz song to disc two, as well as 'no one does it better' and dazamataz.

ps - I have no idea who "Willie Mammoth" is, but that has to be one of the best rap names that's come up in the last 5 years or so. 

The following users thanked this post:

Sccit

« Reply #118 on: April 28, 2018, 03:33:38 PM »
finally got around to this .. wish he woulda narrowed it down to one disc, but it’s definitely a solid project. disc 2 is better to me so far, the suga free joint is a classic “bitch slipped on her drink and i was rollin” yup

Sccit

« Reply #119 on: May 01, 2018, 11:40:58 PM »
been knocking this some more..this woulda made a great album:

hard n tha paint
bang bang
ain’t the same
hard life
no one duz it better
niggaz know
r u single
this is the shit
it’s so on
sorry bitch