Author Topic: Dr. Dre Might Release "Detox" After All  (Read 2711 times)

Okka

Dr. Dre Might Release "Detox" After All
« on: January 10, 2018, 12:04:14 AM »

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
Re: Dr. Dre Might Release "Detox" After All
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 06:40:04 AM »
Oh man, not this again.  Dre won't let it die.  I really don't think Dre will release Detox as it was "meant to be", AKA, songs that are almost 10 years old now.  It will sound too dated.  And I have no interest in hearing an updated "Detox" consisting of songs with beats similar to the garbage COMPTON album.  I think the writer of the article is stretching a bit.  He asks if Detox is ever coming out, (even though in other interviews, Dre has said it will never happen), he replies "I'm working on a few songs, we'll see".  So the writer takes that and titles the article "Dre might release Detox after all".  I don't see how that is any confirmation at all. 

The following users thanked this post: , HighEyeCue, donfathaimmortal

k1000

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 06:59:48 AM »

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 07:16:59 AM »
the garbage COMPTON album.

lol

Its true though, just when you thought Dre couldn't release an album worse than Aftermath Presents... He dropped this steaming turd to prove us all wrong.

*caping commences in 3... 2...*

HighEyeCue

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 08:21:14 AM »
the garbage COMPTON album.

lol

:laugh:

seriously though I think Dre might not want his legacy to end with that album

Okka

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 08:26:32 AM »
Oh man, not this again.  Dre won't let it die.  I really don't think Dre will release Detox as it was "meant to be", AKA, songs that are almost 10 years old now.  It will sound too dated.  And I have no interest in hearing an updated "Detox" consisting of songs with beats similar to the garbage COMPTON album.  I think the writer of the article is stretching a bit.  He asks if Detox is ever coming out, (even though in other interviews, Dre has said it will never happen), he replies "I'm working on a few songs, we'll see".  So the writer takes that and titles the article "Dre might release Detox after all".  I don't see how that is any confirmation at all.

Of course it's not gonna be songs from 10 years ago, Dre has been givin' "Detox" beats away for since he started workin' on it.

BIGWORM

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 01:26:25 PM »
LMFAO......

Jesus will come before detox drops...

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 01:44:07 PM »
When Suge gets sentenced to life in prison, Dre will drop Detox to celebrate.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

jaytee

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 01:52:04 PM »
I've expected him to release something else for a while.  Hutch mentioned that they were working on new material after Compton came out.  I doubt he'll release anything under the Detox name though.

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 02:26:02 PM »

Co-sign.

Detox never existed and will never be released (i mean, not the postume compilation which can be released in 2058 by any major and anything else). I'm pretty sure Dre didn't even know how to finish this project. And when I hear what type of sound he worked on, I mean, some random melodies and beats (nothing more than random rap music) I'm not sad to see this album shelved. At least, Compton Soundtrack was a "concept" album, (almost) not credited as solo album, just this "Compilation by Dre" type of shit. Not disrespect to Dre and his efforts but, efforts in vain.

The only confirmation I have about Dre is, he was (is) a genius, not only for rap or hip hop community. He really have talent. But, the Dre eveybody loves, his music, his productions, his inspiration, his music director skills, all this thangs belongs to the past (from N.W.A. to Easy, DOC, Snoop, The Chronic, Eminem, 2001...).
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

dj coma

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 08:32:13 AM »
This whole thing started up because a sports reporter asked him about Detox and he said his response was that he’s working on some songs. He didn’t say he was working on Detox or that he’s even working on an album. It’s not Dre that’s keeping the dream of Detox alive, it’s fans that keep bringing it up.

As for Compton, my only complaint about that album was the lack of videos and singles. I really enjoy it and still bump it regularly. I think all Dre fans can find at least a couple songs they enjoy on it, even if they don’t like it as a whole.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 08:51:55 AM »
This whole thing started up because a sports reporter asked him about Detox and he said his response was that he’s working on some songs. He didn’t say he was working on Detox or that he’s even working on an album. It’s not Dre that’s keeping the dream of Detox alive, it’s fans that keep bringing it up.

As for Compton, my only complaint about that album was the lack of videos and singles. I really enjoy it and still bump it regularly. I think all Dre fans can find at least a couple songs they enjoy on it, even if they don’t like it as a whole.

Agreed.  I liked a few songs.  Just so hard to live up to the expectations.  And the album was such a far cry from what his last one was in sound and style, I think that led to some disappointment.  Don't get me wrong, I like Dre's music, respect him as a rap pioneer, all that good stuff, he has classics forever.  His music was great all the way til about 2013....then he wanted to ride that Kendrick fame and start patterning his music more like his style.  That's when he started to fall in my opinion. 

Like one of the other posters said, I had the exact same feeling when "Dr Dre presents....The Aftermath" came out.  Huge disappointment.  But he redeemed himself.  Hopefully he will this time as well.  I can't see that Compton album as being Dre's last album, even though some argue it wasn't "really" a Dre album, just as people said "Dre Presents the Aftermath" album wasn't really a Dre album either. 
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 08:53:31 AM by Soopafly DPGC »

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2018, 05:13:21 PM »
...Dre fans can find at least a couple songs they enjoy on it, even if they don’t like it as a whole.

Dr Dre - Talking To My Diary
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

doggfather

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2018, 12:01:55 AM »
not these ni99az again...
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

TRAX (SFV)

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2018, 09:05:48 AM »
LMFAO......

Jesus will come before detox drops...

Ice Cube's new one also.  It's the new Detox.
YOU CAN PIMP ME BITCH....WHEN THEY MAKE DILDOS OUTTA DAYTON SPOKES!