Author Topic: Berner - The Big Pescado [Discussion Thread]  (Read 1799 times)

Dogg Ly Dogg

Berner - The Big Pescado [Discussion Thread]
« on: January 15, 2018, 12:06:15 PM »

01 Intro
02 G.R.E.E.D. Produced by Scott Storch / Co-Produced by Avedon
03 Pressure  Produced by Scott Storch / Co-Produced by Avedon
04 Wait For It  featuring The Game / Produced by Scott Storch & Diego Ave
05 Loose Lips featuring Pusha T, Conway & Fresh / Produced by Scott Storch / Additional Vocals by KO
06 N.O.I.D. featuring Devin the Dude & Snoop Dogg / Produced by Scott Storch
07 Gettin’ It featuring Fresh / Produced by Scott Storch / Co-Produced by Avedon / Additional Vocals by KO & Too Short / Bass & Guitar by Fred Wreck
08 Play Your Roll featuring Ty Dolla Sign / Produced by Scott Storch
09 Flex Produced by Scott Storch / Co-Produced by Avedon
10 Busy Body  featuring E-40, Too Short & TeeFlii / Produced by Scott Storch / Co-Produced by Avedon / Additional Vocals by Verse Simmonds
11 Last Year featuring Trey Songz & Wiz Khalifa / Produced by Scott Storch / Co-Produced by Avedon
12 Big Bags Produced by Scott Storch / Co-Produced by Avedon
13 Check featuring Shy Glizzy / Produced by Scott Storch / Co-Produced by Avedon
14 Guess Who featuring Jeremih / Produced by Scott Storch / Co-Produced by Avedon
15 Blind to the Bullshit Produced by Scott Storch / Co-Produced by Avedon
16 Outro

Berner's new album is out and for those who dont know it's entirely produced by Scott Storch with the help of Avedon and Frefwreck on one song too. The album features an impressive list of guests including his labelmates Wiz Khalifa, Ty Dolla $ign as well as big names such as Snoop Dogg, E-40, Too $hort, The Game, Pusha T, Trey Songz, Jeremih etc.

I'm really surprised that Berner career went that far, who would have known? I remember those days at the Siccness board when people were dissing him on every threads and making Berner Free versions of his collab albums with Messy Marv and others.
His grind paid off and he's now a repectable artist who actually drops good albums.

I'm starting the listen and so far so good  8)

What your toughts on this new project?

Blood$

Re: Berner - The Big Pescado [Discussion Thread]
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 01:14:51 PM »
definitely looking forward to hearing this

I said it before and I'll say it again: Berner is the French Montana of the west coast, decent enough rapper who grinds hard and is serious about his craft which creates well produced and executed projects  8)

terence chill

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 03:04:26 PM »
Best Track for me Noid (feat. Devin the Dude & Snoop Dogg)

Okka

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 10:58:45 AM »
Haven't really heard a lot of music from Berner, but i'll check this out 'cause of those Scott Storch beats.

Blood$

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 11:31:45 AM »
Haven't really heard a lot of music from Berner, but i'll check this out 'cause of those Scott Storch beats.

I would recommend at least peeping his Blow albums with Messy Marv, those were fucking fire and I actually own both  8)

doggfather

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 11:34:24 PM »
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 06:18:43 AM »
Man this guy really came up from bein a siccness poster who would get clowned for posting his music

Marco

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 08:50:42 AM »
I'm not a Berner fan, but the beats are banging. Scott Storch still got it. 8)
West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection

bouli77

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 02:08:22 PM »
Man this guy really came up from bein a siccness poster who would get clowned for posting his music

it's incredible right.

the guy more than dabbles in other ventures too.

i prefer the Drought Season series

Berner is nothing special on the mic but has always good production.

I said it before and I'll say it again: Berner is the French Montana of the west coast, decent enough rapper who grinds hard and is serious about his craft which creates well produced and executed projects  8)

I would recommend at least peeping his Blow albums with Messy Marv, those were fucking fire and I actually own both  8)

the major difference is that Montana has been embraced and pushed by the mainstream, and signed with Diddy and is corporate whereas Berner really did everything independent and is much more of a grassroots success who came up "organically", networking and dropping collabo albums with everybody willing (San Quinn, Messy Marv, The Jacka, Cam'ron, Styles P, Young Dolph, B-Real)  to get his name out. he didn't try to change or to adapt to current popular styles to cross over or be successful but did his thing and built a fan base.

The following users thanked this post: Blood$

Blood$

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 11:09:11 PM »

it's incredible right.

the major difference is that Montana has been embraced and pushed by the mainstream, and signed with Diddy and is corporate whereas Berner really did everything independent and is much more of a grassroots success who came up "organically", networking and dropping collabo albums with everybody willing (San Quinn, Messy Marv, The Jacka, Cam'ron, Styles P, Young Dolph, B-Real)  to get his name out. he didn't try to change or to adapt to current popular styles to cross over or be successful but did his thing and built a fan base.

agreed, Berner did attract more fans by aligning with Wiz and Taylor Gang though for sure even if he never had a big hit song or was featured on any

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2018, 11:41:03 PM »

it's incredible right.

agreed, Berner did attract more fans by aligning with Wiz and Taylor Gang though for sure even if he never had a big hit song or was featured on any

Lol he made his way to the top by bein their weed man

The following users thanked this post: Blood$

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 02:28:29 AM »
In addition to what has been said, he signed Messy Marv and he really got him and Quinn back together to drop Explosive Mode 4  8)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ElsaqSSYMss" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ElsaqSSYMss</a>

doggfather

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2018, 03:37:32 AM »
like the music, and the featurings are good for the 1st listen.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Blood$

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2018, 12:00:04 PM »

it's incredible right.

Lol he made his way to the top by bein their weed man

facts lol

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

DJSpin

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2018, 03:42:44 PM »
Hard copies?  I wouldn't mind checking this out.