Author Topic: WHO HAS "MALIBU DRE" ?  (Read 2483 times)

drdredetoxblog

WHO HAS "MALIBU DRE" ?
« on: January 24, 2018, 01:13:59 PM »
I am currently compiling a library of Dr. Dre's career of everything he has done which when complete I will be happy to share. This will be everything he was worked on in music from songs, features, production and even mixing. As I was searching the web I came across a few threads from this forum and was wondering did anyone ever find these songs which were mentioned on the threads below. One being called "Malibu Dre" which was apparntley on some website called DreDay (cant seem to find it) where a few songs of 2001 such a were leaked onto there prior the release. I also want to know if anyone has a list of songs which didnt make 2001 or where I can find the highest quality of tracks like the OG version of whats the difference.

Lastly if anyone has anything else they wouldnt mind sharimg in terms of being unreleased Dre please message me if you can give me more info. Thanks!

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=14605.0 (listed songs)
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=63640.msg706948#msg706948 (mentions the songs existing)

Okka

Re: WHO HAS "MALIBU DRE" ?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 06:06:33 AM »
I doubt this ever leaked.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 07:49:05 AM by Okka »

HighEyeCue

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 11:23:27 AM »
I remember the title "Malibu Dre" but never heard it

this is the OG of "Whats The Difference", dont know if its available in HQ
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/DqOrgkIeQ6c" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/DqOrgkIeQ6c</a>

dj coma

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 02:25:04 PM »
Malibu Dre was more than likely a made up song title.

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 09:18:03 AM »
Malibu Dre is real - don't think it leaked tho

sorry y'all for takin so long answering this question.
as far as "2001" leftovers go, there are over 70 of them. so much style - the answers to your questions are this. the tracks you listed probably all existed. doggz for life was a great track but it will be tweaked and it should show up somewhere. malibu dre was a real track as well. the rest i don't know. they may have been those titles at some point. devin the dude did a few songs so that one you mentioned probably was done. punchs and words were part of early recording sessions. hittman did a ton of tracks so i can't answer you on hittin hard. "muthafucka i'm dre" became "hello". rbx did a handful of tracks. so did sticky fingaz. in fact "remember me" was a leftover used on the mmlp. and bitch please, buck em and just dippin were done during the "2001" recording sessions. dre just decided to let snoop use them on his album. dre basically used No Limit Top Dogg for a "2001" preview. i don't think daz ever entered the recording studios and soopafly wasn't around much either. and mel-man was coproducer on the album all the way through. he was like dre's scotty pippen. he made great contributions but wasn't "the man". i remember back on the 2001 board a few people claimed to have the leftovers and were gonna sell them. i knew it was a lie. unless someone wanted 100 lawyers and dre on their ass they wouldn't have dared sell em even if they had them. but i'm sure they probably didn't have them. there were over 90 total songs and a lot of other beats that never had lyrics added to them. so as you can see its hard to keep track of every track. dre usually makes 3 to 4 times more songs than the number of ones that make an album. most producers work hard on a couple of good tracks then throw enough shit to put out an album. but not dre. he makes a huge batch of tracks and then picks the best. most of the time he picks the right ones. once in a while a great track may not get picked when maybe they should have but that hardly ever happens. sometimes songs don't get used cause they don't fit. during the recording sessions hittman and xzibit had some tracks that contained harder lyrics, language and violence than most of the other songs. some tracks just feel out of place and some just plain aren't very good. like bodyrott said dre is real big on quality control. all great prodcuers don't make great tracks every single time. but when they make a shitty track they make sure those tracks NEVER come close to getting on a record.
as far as dre using leftover tracks on collabs. yes, it does happen. most of the time its new tracks, but not always. "nasty mind" was remixed from an old "2001" track. chin check was a "2001" leftover. no doubt is working with a "2001" leftover. but even if dre is using an old track when he is working with an artist its always done just like a new one. an unused beat dre likes will be pulled up and will be updated and reshaped with the artist dre is working with. vocals will be added and tweaked til everyone is happy.  so dre collabs always are put together with both dre and the artists working in the studio together. but most of dre collab tracks are fresh tracks.
and just to let you know dre and his musicans do a lot of beats with no artists in the studio. dre has many instrumentals that he can choose from when doing collabs and albums. so there is a difference between "2001" leftovers and tracks that were put together without artists in the studio. dre pulls it up and works with his artists and together they perfect the vocals and make changes. and then dre takes the unmixed tracks and mixes them. i probably confused you but dre uses a lot of different methods in recording.
dre always makes sure the artists outside Aftermath that he collabs with get great tracks to work with. but he will save most of the great beats for himself and aftermath releases. and most of the beats your hearing on his recent collabs aren't a big stretch from "2001". for the most part dre won't reveal his reinventions until he releases aftermath albums. it ruins the surprise if you give up your innovations too early.
so in the end there were over 90 tracks with vocals that were completed during the "2001" sessions. in the end you'll have heard about 30 of them in some form or another. the rest you'll never hear unless you steal dre's master recordings. in other words you'll never hear the remaining 60 leftovers. peace.

Get "the way I be pimpin" "sunshine" and "it's you I adore" by snoop
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 09:30:23 AM by Sccit »

JeremyM

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 07:26:57 PM »
We really need a box set (or three) with Dre scraps, the same way they've done for artists like Bob Dylan. It's way overdue for hip hop.

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 07:56:59 PM »
We really need a box set (or three) with Dre scraps, the same way they've done for artists like Bob Dylan. It's way overdue for hip hop.

Dre would never let that happen

dj coma

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 09:17:07 PM »

Do we have any evidence it’s real outside of a mellowman post? I recall his authenticity being questionable. I thought the forum concluded that he mixed known facts with unprovable things or educated guesses to make himself seem legit but in the end he never really came with any exclusive news that turned out to be true. Could be wrong, it’s been awhile.

EDIT: It’s real. Here is proof:

« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 09:31:57 PM by dj coma »

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2018, 12:30:57 AM »

Do we have any evidence it’s real outside of a mellowman post? I recall his authenticity being questionable. I thought the forum concluded that he mixed known facts with unprovable things or educated guesses to make himself seem legit but in the end he never really came with any exclusive news that turned out to be true. Could be wrong, it’s been awhile.

EDIT: It’s real. Here is proof:

I'm pretty sure it was proven to be mike elizando .. I might be misremembering, but i definitely think he's legit.

Okka

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2018, 04:50:04 AM »
Nah, i don't think so. Where did you get that information from?

HighEyeCue

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2018, 03:09:24 PM »
I always thought that was Mel-Man

whoever it was I enjoyed reading his posts

i

Sccit

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2018, 10:32:57 PM »
I always thought that was Mel-Man

whoever it was I enjoyed reading his posts

i

he said he wasnt mel-man....it was definitely some1, i remember some1 made a post bout they knew who it was, some session player at aftermath, but cant put my finger on who 100% atm.