Author Topic: Freddie Foxxx aka Bumpy Knuckles - PopDuke, Vol. 1 (Discussion Thread)  (Read 668 times)

Marco

I do it on my own terms. For the people. This is a joint from the "PoPDuKe Project Produced by @NottzRaw I figured I would drop a few grapes on you before the end of the year. That's when I start gearing up for the new endeavors and adventures set up for the new year. Peace ErBody. There is no future without a past. Knuxxx1000

https://soundcloud.com/bumpyknuckles/legends-bumpy-knuckles-x-nottz

This is gonna be dope/interesting project, that leaked track is dope as fuck. Nottz production is :o 8)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 09:28:25 AM by Sir Dogg »
West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
That Legends track is niiiice.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

The Predator

E.P. is raw, old and grumpy sounding.

Bumpy Knuckles & Nottz – “Pop Duke, Vol. 1” (Album Review)

Posted by: Legends Will Never Die May 18, 2018   

After dropping the Statik Selektah produced Lyrical Workout in 2011 and the DJ Premier produced KoleXXXion in 2012, Long Island underground veteran Bumpy Knuckles is returning with his 8th full-length album & he has enlisted Nottz to produce it in it’s entirety. Things start off with the title track, where Freddie teams up with Public Enemy frontman Chuck D to talk about their longevity over a triumphant beat. The next song “Flow Temperament” brags about his skills over a boom bap beat with some bass guitar while the track “Head Count” with Kool G Rap & Lil’ Fame gets confrontational over some horns. The song “In Love with the Game” is about the current state of hip hop, but the features don’t really do anything for me. Especially the hook.

The track “Grumpy Ol’ Man” continues the theme of a previous track albeit in a more intriguing way over a funky beat & the song “Check It Out Y’all” with Biz Markie talk about how they’re in their prime over an eerie boom bap beat. The track “Motivation” gets conscious a tropical beat while the song “Ol Morning” talks about his skills over a somber beat. The track “New Enemy” is about shady people mixed with some battle bars over a keyboard boom bap beat & the closer “Legends” recalls first getting into hip hop over a flute.

Despite it’s short length, this is still a very solid return for Bumpy. The production is just as hard hitting as his last 2 as is his ever so gritty lyricism. I assume we’re getting a follow-up anytime soon given that this is labeled as “Vol. 1” & whether Nottz will be back for it or not, I’ll definitely be anticipating it

Review Pop-Duke -

New York emcee Bumpy Knuckles continues an exhilarating year of hip hop for listeners who hunger more substance in their raps! With "Pop Duke, Volume One" a backdrop of classic hip hop production straight from the boards of mainstay producer NOTTZ lays the path for Bumpy Knuckles to address with lyrical finesse. Limited to ten records, the project escapes the curse of filler and embraces a team of legendary features to enhance Bumpy Knuckles already raw, authentic flow on an album that plays perfectly front to back. Detroit's very own V Stylez & BIG GOV represent doing justice to "In Love With The Game" over the screeching sounds of one of NOTTZ hardest cuts on the project. Beyond that Chuck D, Kool G Rap, Biz Markie, Raheem DaVaughn, Kuye Mason & Lil Fame provide an impressive team of features flexing in their own respective ways. Before Pop Duke closes "Ol Morning" is a standout track as Bumpy displays his storytelling abilities over Nottz keys primed for a story to tell in one of my favorite records of the year. All in all, the short but consistent effort contributes yet another stellar album for 2018 hip hop well leaving you anxious for a Volume Two.

The following users thanked this post: Marco

Marco

Re: Freddie Foxxx (aka Bumpy Knuckles) PopDuke (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 09:26:49 AM »
I'll give it a listen. Vol. 2 coming soon. 8)
West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection