Author Topic: Snoop Dogg - Over The Counter  (Read 2980 times)

wardy

Snoop Dogg - Over The Counter
« on: February 28, 2018, 09:30:33 AM »
Has this album ever leaked in full? Only heard a couple tracks from it over the years.

OriginalVersion

Re: Snoop Dogg - Over The Counter
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 12:28:41 PM »
Has this album ever leaked in full? Only heard a couple tracks from it over the years.

Its not real.
+++||ORIGINAL VERSION||+++

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 02:21:44 PM »
Why is it, about every 3 to 4 months, this album gets brought up?  Time and time again, it's not real people!  Whomever started this whole rumor and made the fake track list and fake covers must be reveling in their net fame. 

wardy

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 11:39:03 PM »
Someone's even gone to the extent of doing a wiki page for it with a tracklist and everything. Absolute bastards thought it was too good to be true.

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 12:49:47 AM »
What about the songs that got leaked?

Were they just 213 demo's/songs, they kinda sounded like early Warren G productions?
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

dnjp4life

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 02:45:35 AM »
The tracks from this era, such as 'The Message Freestyle', 'True To The Game' and others, were recorded when Snoop Dogg was part of Foesum, and I believe DJ Glaze of the group produced them (but to be honest, most if not all of the beats are other artists' beats). 
My guess is that Warren G was around at this time as well (from 1990-1992).

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 11:12:27 AM »
The tracks from this era, such as 'The Message Freestyle', 'True To The Game' and others, were recorded when Snoop Dogg was part of Foesum, and I believe DJ Glaze of the group produced them (but to be honest, most if not all of the beats are other artists' beats). 
My guess is that Warren G was around at this time as well (from 1990-1992).

Yes you are correct.  They were released on a Foesum compilation a few years ago too...can't remember what it was called off the top of my head...a 'from the vault' type release.  Had a bunch of old demos and stuff, had Foesum, Snoop, and the Twinz on some stuff before they blew up.  Snoop of course fucked with Foesum back in the day, hence his line in "Nuthin But A G Thang" - Perfection is perfected so i'ma let them understand.   

Sccit

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2018, 10:33:43 AM »
lol, so many things wrong with that fake tracklist.  First obvious thing is there's a song on there called "Welcome to Death Row", yet the author of the article claims the album has the Future Shock logo on it, since that was the label's name back then.  It wasn't even known as Death Row at the time of the so called release.   

The following users thanked this post: OriginalVersion

Jay Wallace

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2018, 12:47:26 PM »
The whole story was clearly fake from jump.  They're not going to randomly throw out some album with no singles or publicity ahead of creating an actual buzz for the album. 

BIGWORM

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2018, 08:07:36 PM »
wasn't this the Demo that warren g and Cold 187 did for him. I've got it on one of my HD's REAL OR NOT before people start crying.

dj coma

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2018, 06:37:43 PM »
wasn't this the Demo that warren g and Cold 187 did for him. I've got it on one of my HD's REAL OR NOT before people start crying.

No. Whatever you have is a collection of the real songs that were on this tracklist. The tracklist was composed of real and fake song titles.

NDub

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2018, 06:32:52 AM »
The Great Fake  .... 8)
WestCoast2K.com
Classic West Coast, G-Funk, Gangsta Rap, BayArea, Mobb Music

BayOnTop.net
BayArea and WestCoast Rap

JonnyTanna

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2018, 08:25:11 AM »
Does anyone know who put the cover together and where the artwork was from?