Author Topic: Dr. Dre & Bootsy Collins Have Been "Putting Stuff Together" In The Studio  (Read 2035 times)

Okka

New Dr. Dre on the way?

Dr. Dre might be one of the richest people in hip hop but he's also one of the most mysterious. He's quiet with his moves and every once in a while he'll pop out to reveal that he's working on new music or some other sort of venture. Back in January, it was rumored that the legendary producer was working on Detox after an ESPN reporter asked him if it would come out. The producer simply said, "I’m working on a couple songs right now. We’ll see." Now, there's more proof that he has something up his sleeve.

Legendary funk musician, Bootsy Collins, recently spoke to Billboard and revealed that he's been working with Dr. Dre on some new music. "We're putting stuff together," he told Billboard. He didn't reveal too much but he did say that he spent some time in the lab with Dr. Dre during a visit to California in February.

"[I'm] producing and playing [on his solo record]," He said. "And you know... yeah. That's the bottom line without giving everything away."

Bootsy Collins posted a picture a month ago to his Facebook page with Dr. Dre. "Dr. Dre, got some funky thangs comin' yr way soon. I am glad to have the opportunity to be a part of this adventure! Funks gettin' Stronger..." He captioned it.

So maybe after all these years we might end up getting Detox.

The following users thanked this post: Matty, queen 187killumcub

Sccit

Would be incredible

Dogg Ly Dogg

If Dre dropped and produced a funk influenced record, it could be a CLASSIC but I doubt it'll happen or maybe in 15 years

The following users thanked this post: , Matty

k1000

If Dre dropped and produced a funk influenced record, it could be a CLASSIC but I doubt it'll happen or maybe in 15 years

nah, times have changed ; it's coming out next week  ;)

Dre still in the game but moving away from rap would be dope. Ayo Dre, stick to producin!

woof

nothing will come out as always

The following users thanked this post:

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
More stuff to add to Dre's vault that will never see the light of day. 

queen 187killumcub

I would buy it................if it ever comes out

Okka

I would buy it................if it ever comes out

And that's a big if. I hope Dre won't cancel what ever they're workin' on just 'cause Bootsy spoke about it.

queen 187killumcub

okka I was here when this place first started......................do you know which female this is?

nad45

Dre and Bootsy!
A track with Snoop would be dope

Sccit

has any1 heard bootsys latest album? im thinkin of coppin that 1

bouli77

it's a dope and versatile album. lots of different flavors of funk. love it.

Sccit

it's a dope and versatile album. lots of different flavors of funk. love it.

Just hit amoeba n copped it..good looks

Matty

dre & bootsy i pray we one day hear it!! chronic 2018 detox baby 8)

dre's BIG sound with bootsy's funky bass would blow the house down, a new level of gfunk even.

bumping that new bootsy 8)

« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 07:09:00 PM by Matty »