Author Topic: Busta Rhymes Discography  (Read 1564 times)

Okka

Busta Rhymes Discography
« on: March 17, 2018, 03:06:49 AM »
Let's rate Busta Rhymes' discography from the best to the worst. I gotta give "Back On My B.S." and "Year Of The Dragon" a spin a couple of times before i do this. Those are the only albums from Busta that i don't own and haven't really listened to that much.

k1000

Re: Busta Rhymes Discography
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 07:01:56 AM »
i think that "Genesis" which has 4 Aftermath-produced cuts is a better album as a whole than his Atermath LP (which has dope cuts too).

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 01:12:50 PM »
I also need to revisit the whole discography before rating but my 2 favs are ELE and Genesis.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 10:56:58 PM »
Honestly, Busta Rhymes fell off after E.L.E.  His 1st 3 solo albums were good but that's it.  And the 2 albums he did as a member of leaders of the new school is very underrated. 

Young Old Head

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2018, 04:10:50 AM »
Wow, that's a tough one...
Can't really put the first 4 in a particular order:

• Genesis
  • The Coming
  • E.L.E.
  • When Disaster Strikes...
  • The Big Bang
  • It Ain't Safe No More
  • Anarchy
  • Back On My B.S.
  • Year Of The Dragon

Pretty solid discography except for the last 2 albums (thank god the last one was just a free album). Shoulda released I Bullshit You Not as an album instead of the B.O.M.B.S. crap

Cash Money Blood Gang

Okka

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2018, 04:26:56 AM »
Honestly, Busta Rhymes fell off after E.L.E.  His 1st 3 solo albums were good but that's it.  And the 2 albums he did as a member of leaders of the new school is very underrated.

Really? "Genesis" is one of his best albums IMO.

doggfather

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2018, 10:20:55 AM »
Neva liked his albums really. His hits, singles, videos are great, but whole album?! Thanks not.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Marco

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2018, 11:21:34 AM »
Neva liked his albums really. His hits, singles, videos are great, but whole album?! Thanks not.

Same here. His best albums are "The Big Bang" (could be a better album, because it's drop on Aftermath) and "Genesis" IMO.
West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2018, 03:14:36 PM »
ELE and when disaster strikes are prolly his best, but his albums been pretty underwhelming overall

For a legendary rapper to not have even one classic under their belt is pretty rare

doggfather

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2018, 12:36:20 AM »
ELE and when disaster strikes are prolly his best, but his albums been pretty underwhelming overall

For a legendary rapper to not have even one classic under their belt is pretty rare

Method man.

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2018, 01:10:49 AM »

Method man.

Tical is a near classic tho .. potentially classic compared to any of Bustas shit

But yea, solid example

doggfather

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2018, 02:27:47 AM »
near, but not classic.  ;)

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2018, 11:53:57 AM »
Big Bang one of the more slept on albums in the last 10 years...

.....wow, just Googled, that album is 12 years old. Holy shit, I'm getting old.

Okka

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2018, 02:36:04 AM »

Same here. His best albums are "The Big Bang" (could be a better album, because it's drop on Aftermath) and "Genesis" IMO.

I can dig that. The problem is always with the production/beats in my opinion. Most of his albums have always at least 8-10 dope songs though, but just like with a lot of Snoop's albums, there's too many songs. Most of his singles are classics too. Busta is still one of my favorite rappers of all times, but "The Coming" is the only album i would consider a classic from him, with "Genesis" being a near classic/personal classic. Not sure which album i love the more. Both are great.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 02:38:37 AM by Okka »

Sccit

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2018, 09:01:51 AM »

I can dig that. The problem is always with the production/beats in my opinion. Most of his albums have always at least 8-10 dope songs though, but just like with a lot of Snoop's albums, there's too many songs. Most of his singles are classics too. Busta is still one of my favorite rappers of all times, but "The Coming" is the only album i would consider a classic from him, with "Genesis" being a near classic/personal classic. Not sure which album i love the more. Both are great.

The coming is not a classic bro